[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

"
JonickPOE wrote:
How do u sustain mana? 2x little leach nodes is seriously not enough - i have no idea how u are dealing high speed dps with that. May be i have missed some info

It's easily enough just having the 0.4% node for mana. If you deal enough damage, you'll leech plenty. Either your damage is too low or you're running off a 6L before you have the damage to sustain it. I run off a 5L in my low 70's and easily sustain my mana.
El Psy Congroo.
"
scrambled777 wrote:

I tried a handful of Uber lab runs today to see if my gear was good enough to do full keys reliably. I only activated one phase because I wasn't 100% confident. You're right in that Izaro dies pretty fast. As long as I get my frenzy charges up while dodging everything, I can down each phase in <10 seconds with a few barrages. Argus is just as easy. I'm somewhat confident that full key runs is feasible with my character.

The only problem is I absolutely suck at traps. Even with high life regen and movement speed, I still wasted two keys eating trap damage.

I hate traps so much. I'm way too reckless. Thankfully with this build it's much more efficient at handling them. My "yolo DPS Ranger" as the OP put it died so fast to traps. The Shadow is much heartier with this build, which I'm thankful for.

As for Izaro, there have been a couple times that he died while I was tending to the other mechanics. The poison DPS is real.

I think with enough HP and smart dodging, full key runs would be pretty easy.
"
BlackPie wrote:
"
BlackPie wrote:
Right now I am only at 11.9k dps unbuffed for 5L LA. I know I dont have 21/20 Added Chaos, but i dont think that will cause such a big difference in dps as compared to your 19k dps 5L LA...

May I know what I am missing here?

Spoiler

Thank you.

Edit: Can I also know what is the next upgrade I should get?

Anyone able to help? D:

Level gems to 20, get 20q on them, get % on rings/amu, get 4 jewels. how about starting there?
"
Lildenjin wrote:
Quick question in regards to dying sun flask how important is it to get reduced charge used on it and whats the minimum reduced charge you should aim for when buying one?

try to get at least not "increased charges used" the rest is so small in difference you wont even notice.

"
ElderCheng wrote:
Question guys,

I got most of the stuff i needed for end game. But now im out of cash.
Which budget enchantment on helm would be better?
40% barrage dmg or 1 additional barrage projectile?

40% barrage damage will give you about 10-15% more tooltip ( im not sure if it double dips, i think it does not). one additional arrows gives you - well that depends. you need to add up all your projectiles, say x is that number. than 1 additional projectile will give you (x+1)/x more damage (if all projectiles hit)

so lets say you have reach and no dying sun/+1arrow drillneck. then you shoot 8 barrage projectiles. so with +1 you have 9/8=1.125 more damage so 12.5% more, which is equal to 40% increased barrage damage usually (depends on how much %increased you have in total)

easier rule of thumb: for opus, +1 projectile is always better than 40%increased. for reach, increased and +1 is similar, if you have dying sun and +1drillneck probably 40%increased is better

"
Adixoo wrote:
Hello! Is Vaal Pact good for this build or no?

its good but not needed. it sucks to degen with bloodrage, and in lab you also want the high life regen from thebuild vs. traps

"
shlazar wrote:

what do you think of this item for this build? should i sell it and get better vuln on hit gloves and does it worth alot?

wow thats probably the best ring for this build that ive seen so far. im jealous lol

"
Adixoo wrote:
Hello i have questions.
Is Slower Projectiles better than Physical Projectile Attack Damage?
If yes tell me why. :P
Another question, Vaal Pact isnt good on this build?

physproj only applies to physical damage, not to added chaos. my build has more chaos damage than physical. also ppad is 10% less attackspeed which is terrible.
slower proj is 29% more proj damage, which applies to both pphysical and chaos damage. on top of that , it also applies to the poison damage that we dael. so slowerproj is alot better. its more tooltip than ppad, and more poison damage

"
Sunw1sh wrote:
"
scrambled777 wrote:
What sort of gear level would be needed to do full key uber lab runs efficiently?

Currently, I've only done uber lab twice, both times it was fairly easy but I did all Izaro phases 'properly' because I didn't want to waste the offerings by dying stupidly. Now I'm wondering if I have the DPS to just go YOLO burst Izaro and ignore all the buffs. I currently can do T14-15 somewhat comfortably, but still lack quite a few big ticket items. Currently at 6k hp/ 19k evasion.

Spoiler

You should be able to burst it, myself i didn't just yolo but izaro died too fast anyway. 10 seconds or less i didn't really count. I didn't even have a 6link barrage at that moment. But toxic delivery was really good against it, only at my second uber lab run i killed izaro very fast.
--------

There is my gear and i'm interested will it be possible to kill guardians or complete vaal temple in it? Im kinda scared that the boss will simply one shot me if i don't dodge everything. I've tried killing it as my previous character, bv pathfinder, after running out of flasks i just died and dps was lacking. Don't wanna be in the same situation now. Btw just realised not all of my gems lvl 20 atm, probably this is important to get them here first, right?
Spoiler

Jewels i have are mostly +chaos damage +life. My HP right now is 5k and im level 88.
Also i have about 6exalts, after playing pathfinder im not really into flasks tbh, so looking at drillneck +1 arrow right now. Not sure that dying sun will help me much against bosses anyway.
And i've never run vaal temple and have no idea what this map is about, just vaaled one for the achievement, sadly it doesn't work atm, so is it doable as this character and is it worth it? Or selling it is better?

sell the map, its only good for completing atlas/the shaper orb. you should be able to do it, it all depends on the mods - if bosses get too many boosts or you get too many debuffs, it wont be easy...

"
Adixoo wrote:
If i dont have Snakebite with curse can i run with Grace and Blasphemy + Vulnerability?

just use witchfire brew flask

"
Brenovisky wrote:
Guys, this is my gear now:

Spoiler

I can help in 6 players group, good dmg; playing alone i have done many maps twins, with very hard mods (like temple twin with 8 mods, boss dmg+life+multiple projec+poison+vulnera.), so, im very satisfied with this build.

I have near 5.700 life, lvl 84. My tree is:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAQBeAdwDHgUtBbUHmQguDPINjRCSES8UIBa_GY4fQSF2I9Mj9iaVKgsqWysKLlMwfDH6MjI1kjY9OdRDMUM2R35KfUz_TZJN404qUEdRR1LsVUtVhVb6W69d8l8_YeJirGVNaoxsCGyMcFJxsHTtdct293fjeA15aHn2eu99dX8rhKKE2YbOh3aJ04w2jX2Nfo2_j2CdqqCfotmly6ZXqW6w2LTFtUi18re2vG-9Nr6nwBrBBMEzwuzIFMjw037YvdmG2sHb5-Of6mLrY-2D7g7vDu969W_8xf6P_ro=?accountName=Brenovisky&characterName=Cathel

I want to know the best choices now, im near lvl 85, and already have one point to pick. I have some trouble with cold resistance, so jewels are a good choice, but i really want to go for Aspect of the Eagle, its a great node for bow builds, and before we have to grab ballistic, another great one. So, any types?

Btw, i have tried ubber lab today, man... idk why, but izaro was so quickly and so buffed, he was killing my decoy lvl 19 with one hit! I dont even know why. There is any kind of izaro setup that is easy for us?

The next move for gear is Drillneck +1 or Dying Sun?

Ty, and sorry my bad english!

aspect of eagle is great - i used it before removing it for more life. it depends on your personal taste really. dying sun is better than +1 drillneck

"
BlackPie wrote:
"
BlackPie wrote:
Right now I am only at 11.9k dps unbuffed for 5L LA. I know I dont have 21/20 Added Chaos, but i dont think that will cause such a big difference in dps as compared to your 19k dps 5L LA...

May I know what I am missing here?

Spoiler

Thank you.

Edit: Can I also know what is the next upgrade I should get?

Anyone able to help? D:

big diffference from gem levels and i dont use LMP on lightning arrow, because i have reach,. thats the difference

"
tyranius wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked before (forum really needs a "search in topic" function) but what do you link with blood rage for general mapping?

nothing, just unlinked bloodrage

RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625

My Lootfilter: view-thread/1696052
can someone send me a pm here when there is a good day for uber lab ? i am kinda busy these days but maybe i can find the time to record a lab run and upload it so you guys can check it out.

("good day" would be one that can be completed quickly with a non-megabuffed izaro, my internet is slow so it takes me hours to upload a large video)
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625

My Lootfilter: view-thread/1696052
Any advice on making the Hydra fight (haven't done Chimera yet and didn't get any spoilers with vids etc.) less tedious? I got a full wipe the first try (Temp chains + 74% Monster Life corruption was so not nice) and did it on the second try with one death but it still took forever. I wouldn't be adverse to a gear swap, including a different skill gem setup.

Gear is coming along nicely, still haven't made the switch to Dying Sun because I feel I'm just not good enough to play with only one life flask, working on jewlery and vuln Snakebite (around 50 pair corrupted as of now, no dice), also switching up some jewels once I get adequate resistance paired with life on amulet and rings. Working on enchanting a different Devoto's and the boots need the 2% regen one as well:

Sitting at 5.7k life only because I specced Heartseeker.
Last edited by Sacrifized on Oct 16, 2016, 2:56:53 PM
So I'm thinking about killing shaper pretty soon, right after getting +1 drillneck and +40% enchant. Do you think my gear is good enough to do it with at least 1 portal left?
Also is it ok dropping accuracy for another chaos damage ring?
Minotaur is extremely easy. Phoenix is more or less ok. But chimera and hydra are so freaking annoying with they immunities that I'm thinking about rolling whispering ice build just to deal with them.
Spoiler

Last edited by MrOleg on Oct 16, 2016, 4:41:45 PM
Opus or linoeyes before i can buy a reach?
"
Anavels wrote:
Opus or linoeyes before i can buy a reach?

Opus if you can afford it
"
cmphx wrote:
can someone send me a pm here when there is a good day for uber lab ? i am kinda busy these days but maybe i can find the time to record a lab run and upload it so you guys can check it out.

("good day" would be one that can be completed quickly with a non-megabuffed izaro, my internet is slow so it takes me hours to upload a large video)

Today's lab is actually pretty solid. No gold doors. Relatively simple pathing. First phase was Gargoyles. Second phase was Elemental Essences.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info