[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

Been playing this build entire league, started as RT raider version and changed to assasin when I got some decent gear. Assasin feels a bit slow compared to raider, but dmg is much better.
Also farmed a lot of chayula's with it, although sometimes dmg is bit too high and it can be hard to leave boss on cull range, to sell kill challenge on 820. Most likely playing this build on Legacy league aswell

Spoiler

this build doesnt really work as CI without giving up many core mechanics or investing 100ex+.

If you want a CI bow character i recommend checking out signal shot:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1745340
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Solid build, 7k hp achievable with good gear and taking the life/evasion belov Duelist. Very interesting
Last edited by Bencher_ on Feb 18, 2017, 12:11:17 PM
There are something I want to ask
1. What is your Power charge generator? I don't think 10% per non crit is enough. I put inc. crit. strike and power charge on crit with Frenzy, kinda good.

2. How do you deal with stun? I think every mobs above lv80 can stun (50% dmg to your max life) and evasion chance decrease as you lvl up (mobs' acc increases), so it's less reliable. Heart of Oak and nearby nodes reduce only 36% and I dont think it's quite safe, I don't like dying haha.

3. Sin's rebirth, is it good for this build?
"
loki1706 wrote:
There are something I want to ask
1. What is your Power charge generator? I don't think 10% per non crit is enough. I put inc. crit. strike and power charge on crit with Frenzy, kinda good.

2. How do you deal with stun? I think every mobs above lv80 can stun (50% dmg to your max life) and evasion chance decrease as you lvl up (mobs' acc increases), so it's less reliable. Heart of Oak and nearby nodes reduce only 36% and I dont think it's quite safe, I don't like dying haha.

3. Sin's rebirth, is it good for this build?

1. unstable infusion from assassins ascendancy. Its unreliable, but enough. Honestly it doesnt matter much if youre at max charges or not, the character will feel smooth anyways. for hard boss fights, you can carry a Jaws of Agony offhand and throw a few multitrap-beartraps until youre at max charges, and then go to the boss. And using a Pcoc gem in frenzy is ofc a great idea.

2. this is a life based build with a high life pool (6000+) and lots of avoidance, so stun is never a problem. I even cant remember the last time i got stunned

3. yes, but too expensive for its effect atm. dying sun is better (and cheaper iirc)
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625

how do you think about this. With it, i can reach ~ 90 crit chance but lost ~ 200 hp. is it worth?
Last edited by nmd_vn on Feb 19, 2017, 9:17:54 PM
no. you reach the crit cap with a diamond flask.
What are the Pros and Cons of Assassin versus Raider?

I see this build on ladder is about 50/50 between the two.
livejamie

Awesome build,

Cleared everything in the game with it, mapping is an absolute breeze. I went for the spell dodge and atziri steps. The damage is so insane i reckoned i could trade in abit of damage for more survivability. Not needed but its just a personal preference. This build is alot of fun, thanks for sharing it with us.
Last edited by laffebeer on Feb 20, 2017, 9:19:23 PM
The new unique boot looks like an interesting option for this build.
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info