[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

Hey great guide for new players like but i need some suggestions please :/ i am dying really quick and a

lot what should i do? i am 48 LVL and playing solo because have no friends :'( (playing PoE).
Been playing this build since essence league and it's quite enjoyable.
Would going CI work for this build?
"
Salandrea wrote:
Hello there, I'm someone who is returning to PoE after over a year of not playing it, I would like to ask if it's possible to play this build if you start from scratch with a new character and you have no money to buy any uniques? I'm struggling to find a build to start with and get going into PoE so I'd just like to know if it's possible. Thanks.

It is very possible if you are willing to put in the time to farm the currency. The items required are not that expensive. Just farm dried lake for a couple of hours. Buy a Reach of the Council first, make it a 5 link, that's all you need until red maps. A corrupted drillneck is dirt cheap so use that until you can afford a +1 arrow one. Everything else is a coupel chaos and just cap your resist here and there. The great thing about this build is that your damage doesn't really come from gear, it's from gems and flasks. The Dying Sun is luxury so just substitute a cheap Atziri's Promise in the mean time. To level you can use any of the ez leveling method that are available (leveling is faceroll now).

"
Yalarun wrote:
Hey great guide for new players like but i need some suggestions please :/ i am dying really quick and a

lot what should i do? i am 48 LVL and playing solo because have no friends :'( (playing PoE).

You shouldn't even be in range of any packs. Shoot from far away and anything you can't kill in a couple of hits just skip it. For quest boss you can just join a party and get carried. In Cruel you want to start capping your resists (Cold -> Lightning -> Fire in that order).

"
Alexithymia13 wrote:
Been playing this build since essence league and it's quite enjoyable.
Would going CI work for this build?

The 4 uniques that make this build work are not compatible with CI, so it won't work well.
Last edited by godlyatheist on Feb 15, 2017, 12:26:40 PM
What flask setup is everyone using?

Also, what flasks are good for Shaper?
How are people getting 78% buffed (40some percent unbuffed) crit chance with the proposed setup? I'm 85 and have taken all the crit nodes listed in the build, and I'm sitting at 26% in town unbuffed and 39.9% with power charges.
Nvm, has a skill selected with increased crit gem. Makes sense now
Last edited by Alop3x on Feb 16, 2017, 12:28:46 AM
My damage is quite low in maps, even around T5. Can anyone make a recommendation on gear upgrades for me? I probably have 1EX worth of currency to spend. Thanks for any help!
All hail the timer!
Hi guys,

Playing this build, and having a lot of fun !

Got a question regarding to power charge generation, is the node from ascendancy enough ?

I find this way not quite reliable.

I start to corrupt some snakebites for vulnerability ... got one on my second try :)

Now it's a pain to have 4 green socket on it :)

"
Crone wrote:
My damage is quite low in maps, even around T5. Can anyone make a recommendation on gear upgrades for me? I probably have 1EX worth of currency to spend. Thanks for any help!

"
Alop3x wrote:
How are people getting 78% buffed (40some percent unbuffed) crit chance with the proposed setup? I'm 85 and have taken all the crit nodes listed in the build, and I'm sitting at 26% in town unbuffed and 39.9% with power charges.

Can you put your gear + tree or set your profile to public ? we can't see your build.

"
partyboy79 wrote:
Hi guys,

Playing this build, and having a lot of fun !

Got a question regarding to power charge generation, is the node from ascendancy enough ?

I find this way not quite reliable.

I start to corrupt some snakebites for vulnerability ... got one on my second try :)

Now it's a pain to have 4 green socket on it :)

The node is enough because this build doesn't cap crit. With enough movement speed you can keep all your charges all the way to map boss. Barrage on a single target well keep the power charge up, and a frenzy here and there will keep the frenzy charge up. The only time you can't keep it up is when you have to keep dodging and shooting only for a few sec at a time, but with enough damage you can fix that too.
Thanks for this build, had a lot of fun playing it! I would also like to contribute to this with some small change a made
Currently level 89, 5.9k HP, 16.1k Lightning Arrow in HO on 5L
Managed to kill pretty much everything i tried to (excluding shaper and uber, will try shaper tho)
So I'm running Grace + Arctic Armour + lvl 3 Englighten which allows me to have Herald of Ash as a 4th link there, its leaves me with 69 mana with 29 mana cost and i haven't had any troubles with mana cost (would be more problematic with 6L tho)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info