[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

Thanks for posting this guide! It presents a really nice alternative to your typical TS/LA build. I was curious about one thing:

How would the Barrage damage compare if the Added Chaos and Void Manipulation gems were swapped for Increased Critical Damage and Physical Projectile Attack Damage to scale all the physical damage, not just chaos? Two Steel Rings would then be used over the essence-crafted chaos damage rings. Would the damage be comparable or less?
Hi there!
Thank you so much for the build. I'm a damn archer addicted guy: played bow chars in previous leagues and got pretty dissapointed of them being "non-meta" this league.
I'm playing EHC league, so what do you think about going for Pathfinder path?
Yes, you will lose powercharge generation (we can still use other options) but we'll get free poison (no need for a snakebites), DoT bonus (not that huge but okay), some flask effectivenes giving us survivability and dmg (not sure about how pathfinder works with witchfire flask).
Not sure how good will it be because of Toxic Delivery loss but maybe it is viable. What's ur opinion?
Hello Sir thank you for this interesting build. It inspired me to try to do something similar in standard with my legacy reach of the council. However, the problem is essence of envy is not farmable or affordable so I had to find a way to get chaos damage another way. Here is my gear set:

As you can see I went double ming's heart with kaom's in the chest slot to offset the life lost. Also I am using tornado shot because I cannot afford to have an aoe skill separate from single target. So far it's going well in maps.

Relevant Stats:
lvl 88
Life: 5468

Auras: Grace, Herald of Ash, Arctic Armour
Tornado Shot tooltip: 25k (no power charges)
Physical Damage: 1410 to 3960
Fire Damage: 227 to 368
Chaos Damage: 1926 to 4092

Chance to Hit: 89%
Crit Chance: 57.28 %
Crit Chance with 3 power charges: 82.25%
Crit Chance with 4 power charges: 91.54%

Tornado Shot tooltip with 4 power charges: 35k

skill tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAABeAdwDHgUtBbUHmQguDY0QkhEvFCAWvxmOIXYj9iT9JpUqCypbKwouUzBxMHwx-jIyNZI2PTfUOdQ6QkMxQzZHfkp9S3hMjkz_TZJOKlFHUuxVS1nwW69d8l8_YeJirGVNaoxsjG87cFJ07XXLdvd343gNeWh59nrvfXV_K4SihNmGzod2idOMNo19jX6Nv5AKm42dqqCfotmjiqfUqW6w2LTFtUi18rvjvG-9Nr6nwBrBBMEzwuzEosgUzZjTb9N-1CPYvdmG2sHb592o45_nVOpi62PtP-2D7g7vDu969W_8xf66_sj_3g==?accountName=Madroxmultiply&characterName=Glassfingers

I am actually mostly a casual player so I've never done uber atziri and I've yet to make it to higher maps. So far my version of your build feels strong but I was hoping for your comments and suggestions.. If I can improve it or if my interpretation of your build will fail in higher content.

Last edited by Madroxmultiply on Sep 30, 2016, 5:50:36 PM
"
dperls wrote:
How is this build for running Uber Lab with just a 5L Glare and 5L/tabby chest? I started building a EQ Jugg lab runner and I just hate the EQ playstyle so want to get back to something range.

should be okay to do, with reach its alot easier though. your plan should be "dont get hit" in the izaro fight, i.e. use decoy totem, blinkk arrow, move around and shoot when he is distracted, avoid the balls from the goddess, then you'll be fine

"
dudi1212 wrote:
What kind of gloves do you use for atziri run?

instead of the CoH ones. and using a witchfire brew flask.

"
AllWiz wrote:
So I have a deadeye build and have been farming with it for awhile, I can't do higher tier maps (Tier 10+) mainly because I die way too fast. Is there any way I can stick with being deadeye but just move some point/passive nodes around?

Here is my tree at the moment.
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAQBeBS0FtQYjCC4IiQqbDPINjRPaFUMWvxmOGo0hdiP2JP0mlSyFMHEwfDH6MpQ2PTnUOkI-z0MxSn1LeEz_TZJOKlFHVP5VS1WFWhpbJluvXWhh4mKsbIxtbHBSdO11_Xb3eOt7FH11fwJ_K3_7hG-Gzod2idOMNo19jX6Nv5AKlLiVBZXMmvGbjZ2qoJ-hpKXLpuCn1LEBtUi7473mwTPBScMzxKLI3MqpzZjPXtN-1CPUQtnG2sHdqOHb45_nCudU53To1um96mLrFO0_7YPvevC7-WP8xf4d_rr-yP_e

I figured I should just go 1:1 on the shadow tree, but for ascendancy nodes I have no idea.

Hi, try this tree for deadeye:

endless munitions, rupture and powerful precision as ascendacy points. all of them are supergood for this build. lmk how it plays as deadeye !

"
gaver10 wrote:
Have you tried a Decay (Essence of Delirium) crafted bow, especially for poison immune fights? You would lose 4 projectiles, but you would get ~22k DPS from the dot if my math is right, and this is ignoring frenzy charges. (Scales gems and passive chaos and proj damage) It probably isn't better for general clear, but it might end up being more damage on bosses or at least the ones you can't poison.

no i havent tried it . its hard to get a good bow with it. the problem is it does not stack, so its not really useful vs bosses because the sick single target comes from stacking lots of poison stacks which gets you into millions of dps with flasks and buffs up. so 22k dps more from the dot is kinda useless, also you'd have to give up reach. its too difficult for me to test, because crafting a good bow is close to impossible imo.

"
DicemanX wrote:
Thanks for posting this guide! It presents a really nice alternative to your typical TS/LA build. I was curious about one thing:

How would the Barrage damage compare if the Added Chaos and Void Manipulation gems were swapped for Increased Critical Damage and Physical Projectile Attack Damage to scale all the physical damage, not just chaos? Two Steel Rings would then be used over the essence-crafted chaos damage rings. Would the damage be comparable or less?

Hi, it will be worse. if you compare the flat damage that added chaos gives with the flat damage you get from reach+drillneck, you'll see that added chaos is equal. so using that gem in the setup means basicly 100% more damage, which is alot better than scaling physical 50% with PPAD (and having 10% LESS attackspeed which is terrible). also do not underestimate void manip in this build. not only does it boost chaos damage by almost 40%. it will also apply to poison !! so makes your poison also 40% stronger which is huge, so it is ALOT better than PPAD, especially with added chaos.

"
qqblowa wrote:
Hi there!
Thank you so much for the build. I'm a damn archer addicted guy: played bow chars in previous leagues and got pretty dissapointed of them being "non-meta" this league.
I'm playing EHC league, so what do you think about going for Pathfinder path?
Yes, you will lose powercharge generation (we can still use other options) but we'll get free poison (no need for a snakebites), DoT bonus (not that huge but okay), some flask effectivenes giving us survivability and dmg (not sure about how pathfinder works with witchfire flask).
Not sure how good will it be because of Toxic Delivery loss but maybe it is viable. What's ur opinion?

pathfinder should work fine. You are right about all your points and its a very strong choice for sure.
for hc, also champion is a good choice. less crits, but the tankiest of all ascendancies and worth doing too.

"
Hello Sir thank you for this interesting build. It inspired me to try to do something similar in standard with my legacy reach of the council. However, the problem is essence of envy is not farmable or affordable so I had to find a way to get chaos damage another way. Here is my gear set:
Spoiler

As you can see I went double ming's heart with kaom's in the chest slot to offset the life lost. Also I am using tornado shot because I cannot afford to have an aoe skill separate from single target. So far it's going well in maps.

Relevant Stats:
Spoiler
lvl 88
Life: 5468

Auras: Grace, Herald of Ash, Arctic Armour
Tornado Shot tooltip: 25k (no power charges)
Physical Damage: 1410 to 3960
Fire Damage: 227 to 368
Chaos Damage: 1926 to 4092

Chance to Hit: 89%
Crit Chance: 57.28 %
Crit Chance with 3 power charges: 82.25%
Crit Chance with 4 power charges: 91.54%

Tornado Shot tooltip with 4 power charges: 35k

skill tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAABeAdwDHgUtBbUHmQguDY0QkhEvFCAWvxmOIXYj9iT9JpUqCypbKwouUzBxMHwx-jIyNZI2PTfUOdQ6QkMxQzZHfkp9S3hMjkz_TZJOKlFHUuxVS1nwW69d8l8_YeJirGVNaoxsjG87cFJ07XXLdvd343gNeWh59nrvfXV_K4SihNmGzod2idOMNo19jX6Nv5AKm42dqqCfotmjiqfUqW6w2LTFtUi18rvjvG-9Nr6nwBrBBMEzwuzEosgUzZjTb9N-1CPYvdmG2sHb592o45_nVOpi62PtP-2D7g7vDu969W_8xf66_sj_3g==?accountName=Madroxmultiply&characterName=Glassfingers

I am actually mostly a casual player so I've never done uber atziri and I've yet to make it to higher maps. So far my version of your build feels strong but I was hoping for your comments and suggestions.. If I can improve it or if my interpretation of your build will fail in higher content.

Hi! You have a very interesting approach. using kaoms heart with tornado is definetely a great idea.
However I suggest you to not underestimate the poion. you dont use snakebites or a poison gem, so its not as good with your build. I recommend you to try and remove the PPAD gem.. it is not good. use a poison gem instead and see how your damage will skyrocket. If you have mana problems also you should deactivate Herald of ash, its not much damage anyways.

also, even though mings is great damage, i think you should remove it. they add quite a bit of damage, but it is not worth the insane life loss you have. you can use rare rings with resist and accuracy instead. also the envy crafted ones are not mandatory. the crafted flat added chaos from elreon lvl7 is very powerful too, and adds almost as much chaos damage as a mings heart would add. and with two good rings and kaoms, you'll get to 7000 or even 8000 life and be very tanky :D

So you can either go snakebite with rare rings, or all rare and a poison gem. Do not underestimate the power you get if EVERY hit poisons. it is a HUGE difference in damage, as the assassin poison chance is very tiny compared to that.

let me know what you think !
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
That is some insane single target damage!
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Are you planning to vaal your bow? )

Starting to think about it.
Thanks for another nice build. I was playing your marauder version last league and it was amazing. But in Prophecy it was much easier and cheaper to get Reach, I did council several times and got three bows. Now cheapest is maybe 3ex and not six linked, which are triple the price. So with my luck I will be probably just five linking it myself. Is it a big issue to have only five link reach and five link Queen? What gem would you leave out. Thanks.
I see you recommend Lioneye's for a starter weapon, I was thinking Death's Opus would fit the build concept better, though slightly more expensive. Just an observation.

I had something like this in the plans with Tornado Shot because I (wrongly) believed the secondary projectiles can shotgun vs single target, but it seems Barrage with the right gear will do the work just fine.

How about using Kintsugi with this build? I kinda feel that Queen of forest really doesn't provide def needed. At least for me. Did something like this last league, but it didn't have so much hp, felt bit better with Kintsugi defensively as far as I remember. Great build and guide btw.
How about using a slivertongue bow with barrage+volley fire ? Think it would work ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info