[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

I hate how devoto user talk shit about rat nest
@cmphx
Just a question: Would this work with Method of Madness nodes and using a Darkscorn Assassin bow until I got the currency for reach?
Not sure if this question has been asked already, but for a hardcore player would you make any changes to the skill tree or gear for additional suriviability? Thanks and awesome guide!
Great build! Saw your post on reddit, and decided to try it out. Coming from a regular LA Crit Pathfinder, it's a nice change.

If you have a moment, could you critique my character\build, and tell me where I should go from here, gear wise?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Simonzi/characters

I'm less focused on move speed as you are. I grabbed a cheap QotF, and my move speed went down from using my DD. I know it'll go up during flasks, but overall MS is less of a priority to me. I'm running the build as a Pathfinder, so I get the auto poison during flasks, and can skip the Snakebites.

Looking at my build/gear, what do you think would give the best upgrade, as I really only have the currency for one right now:

Going to a 6L from 5L Chest.
+1 Drillneck from regular.
Buying a helm with the +2 barrage enchant, and hoping to chaos/essence spam for some life and a resist?
Dying Sun Flask and another smaller gear upgrade.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
"
CloudVIIx wrote:
Not sure if this question has been asked already, but for a hardcore player would you make any changes to the skill tree or gear for additional suriviability? Thanks and awesome guide!

Half of people here are from hardcore. I'm not sure what additional survivability you want when you have 6-7k hp with an archer.
Could go Champion for Fortify for HC, still 90% crit with Diamond Flask.
Could anyone help me with uber? I made a guide on everything I did wrong. Wondering if I need more damage for the val or if it purely was mechanical mistakes like I pointed out

Video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48_dGRUkU_4
"
Sacrifized wrote:
"
After you got used to playing this build more, you will probably want to remove a life flask to get another useful flask instead, and try to sustain with just 1 quicksilver.

I plan to, gonna modify flask setup as flasks drop (not a single diamond flask dropped yet) and maybe, MAYBE even get a Dying Sun but I got some other gear priorities first (mainly Vuln Snakebites, corrupted around 25 yet and no dice). I'll try out a Queen as well but I think I'm good with movement speed, maybe not even going to pick the small eva/ms cluster in your tree and instead opting for more life/damage nodes.

I got a question though: What is the reason of having Vaal Haste? I don't even seem to have a hotkey left for it and I didn't find anything about it in your first post. Can you explain, please?

i use vaal haste only in maps, in place of decoy totem in the skill bar. true, there is no space for everything. in normal maps you dont need decoy anyways, and for hard bosses VH wont help much.

"
MMCShiNi wrote:
Gonna start with this build tomorrow, got all the neccessary gear.

However is the global critical strike multiplier important on the amulet? Cant really find one with good max life roll, chaos dmg, global strike mult and open prefix for crafting :C

Also which skills should I use for early leveling?

crit multi is very good, but if you cant get it, it wont matter that much. the %chaos is probably stronger anyways

"
sht3ffanpoker wrote:
@cmphx
Just a question: Would this work with Method of Madness nodes and using a Darkscorn Assassin bow until I got the currency for reach?

no dont. dont use darkscorn unless you have alot of chaos resist. use a deaths harp, then a deaths opus it will carry you through maps. lioneyes glare is an even cheaper option

"
CloudVIIx wrote:

it depends on your playstyle. maybe you want a rare helmet instead of devoto.. maybe even a belly of the beast on top. maybe a kaoms and two bows with weapon swap. or go champion, or play the RT version, you can adapt it to what you feel like you are best fit to

"
Great build! Saw your post on reddit, and decided to try it out. Coming from a regular LA Crit Pathfinder, it's a nice change.

If you have a moment, could you critique my character\build, and tell me where I should go from here, gear wise?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Simonzi/characters

I'm less focused on move speed as you are. I grabbed a cheap QotF, and my move speed went down from using my DD. I know it'll go up during flasks, but overall MS is less of a priority to me. I'm running the build as a Pathfinder, so I get the auto poison during flasks, and can skip the Snakebites.

Looking at my build/gear, what do you think would give the best upgrade, as I really only have the currency for one right now:

Going to a 6L from 5L Chest.
+1 Drillneck from regular.
Buying a helm with the +2 barrage enchant, and hoping to chaos/essence spam for some life and a resist?
Dying Sun Flask and another smaller gear upgrade.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

nice character. i guess it depends on what you need. if you want mapping speed, get a dying sun. for the best single target, get 6L barrage setup. either or :D dying sun is probaby better as it also adds arrows to barrage.
you might want to switch slowerproj into your LA setup instead of faster attacks , if you feel llike you need more damage on LA

"
GGZII wrote:
Could anyone help me with uber? I made a guide on everything I did wrong. Wondering if I need more damage for the val or if it purely was mechanical mistakes like I pointed out

Video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48_dGRUkU_4

fine analysis, i wrote you a comment on reddit
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
hey I'm following your guide thanks for sharing!
I have questions:
1.Volley Fire jewel(gives 2 additional barrage projectiles) work for this build?
2.it's so hard to get amulet and rings with increased chaos damage% no one sell it and i have to craft it my own so can you prioritize the attributes(HP, resis..)
Hi, I'M IN LOVE WITH YOUR BUILD!
I've started leveling the char a few days before you posted it on Reddit, and I was about to buy a Reach at 3ex, but then the price escalated way too far out of my wallet. My question is if this build can work with a 5L Lion's Eye Glare and a 5L Queen of the Forest through maps until T15 and Uber Izaro. Also, are there another alternatives to the Lion's Eye Glare Bow that may be more expensive (but not as expensive as a Reach) that could increase the damage of this build?

Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info