[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

hi,

can you post levelling tree ?
"
cmphx wrote:

Hi! You have a very interesting approach. using kaoms heart with tornado is definetely a great idea.
However I suggest you to not underestimate the poion. you dont use snakebites or a poison gem, so its not as good with your build. I recommend you to try and remove the PPAD gem.. it is not good. use a poison gem instead and see how your damage will skyrocket. If you have mana problems also you should deactivate Herald of ash, its not much damage anyways.

also, even though mings is great damage, i think you should remove it. they add quite a bit of damage, but it is not worth the insane life loss you have. you can use rare rings with resist and accuracy instead. also the envy crafted ones are not mandatory. the crafted flat added chaos from elreon lvl7 is very powerful too, and adds almost as much chaos damage as a mings heart would add. and with two good rings and kaoms, you'll get to 7000 or even 8000 life and be very tanky :D

So you can either go snakebite with rare rings, or all rare and a poison gem. Do not underestimate the power you get if EVERY hit poisons. it is a HUGE difference in damage, as the assassin poison chance is very tiny compared to that.

let me know what you think !

So i tried running
and saw much much less chaos damage.

I checked the difference and it was about 900-1k flat chaos damage when id switch a ring to mings heart. I think part of the reason is cos legacy reach has a lot more phys damage. After much testing I settled on using only 1 mings heart and 1 rare ring so that i can maintain 6k health. Maybe in 4-5 more levels when I get more life I can switch back to double mings.

You were right about the poison gem tho. I tried slower projectiles and phys projectile. Poison beats them both even tho the tooltip is much less.

Also I added a bloodrage to my setup. I don't know why but I can run it with no problems and the clear speed is good enough that I don't have problems with bosses. Either way a lot of boss fights have adds. I guess if someday I fight shaper I would probably add a frenzy gem just to keep up stacks. You weren't kidding the dps boost from frenzy charges is a lot.

Thanks you so much for your feedback. This is the most fun character I've had in awhile. I'll try to work in a snakebite and headhunter as I get more currency.
Last edited by Madroxmultiply on Oct 1, 2016, 10:29:52 AM
Okay, started this character yesterday and it's absolutely amazing in all aspects. Never leveled a char this quick and fluid before (though I used tons of leveling gear), hit lvl 64 (now 68) a short while ago and it absolutely OBLITERATES everything with 6L Reach! Currently in T6, with gems at lvl 16, the move- and killspeed is just crazy, I take two to three minutes on any map so far. I don't even use a Queen and the build is lightning fast and one-shots most everything in its path. And it still has so much ceiling, I have yet to do merc Lab and uber Lab, get jewel slots and fill them, get my gems maxed etc. and yet it's already an absolute beast!

Most fun I've ever had with a char since I started playing this game!

Current Gear:

Last edited by Sacrifized on Oct 1, 2016, 1:20:47 PM
"
CosmicMidget wrote:
Are you planning to vaal your bow? )

Starting to think about it.

+1 arrow is a really good corruption, so im tempted :D a legacy one would have been better though

"
lakyljuk wrote:
Thanks for another nice build. I was playing your marauder version last league and it was amazing. But in Prophecy it was much easier and cheaper to get Reach, I did council several times and got three bows. Now cheapest is maybe 3ex and not six linked, which are triple the price. So with my luck I will be probably just five linking it myself. Is it a big issue to have only five link reach and five link Queen? What gem would you leave out. Thanks.

2x5L is fine, leave out void manip in both cases

"
Zed_ wrote:
I see you recommend Lioneye's for a starter weapon, I was thinking Death's Opus would fit the build concept better, though slightly more expensive. Just an observation.

I had something like this in the plans with Tornado Shot because I (wrongly) believed the secondary projectiles can shotgun vs single target, but it seems Barrage with the right gear will do the work just fine.

you are right about that, i totally forgot how good that bow is, i'll mention it and hope people that started will read it somehow :D

"
Roofz wrote:
How about using Kintsugi with this build? I kinda feel that Queen of forest really doesn't provide def needed. At least for me. Did something like this last league, but it didn't have so much hp, felt bit better with Kintsugi defensively as far as I remember. Great build and guide btw.

kintsugi is good, sure. if you feel squishy with queen its probably because you're facetanking too much stuff, or youre doing content thats too difficult for your gear level. mayb you give queen a second chance first, its really good.

"
Engeldot wrote:
How about using a slivertongue bow with barrage+volley fire ? Think it would work ?

it would "work", but it is nowhere near as good as reach. slivertongue is a decent bow, but nothing special and not worth building around imo

"
redjo wrote:
hi,

can you post levelling tree ?

just fill out the tree as it is, it is almost a straight line lol. get piece nodes early on, and leave out jewels until level 80+. grab life/damage as you feel like (if youre too squishy get more life, if you dont enough damage get more damage nodes first) there is really no fixed way for it

"

So i tried running
and saw much much less chaos damage.

I checked the difference and it was about 900-1k flat chaos damage when id switch a ring to mings heart. I think part of the reason is cos legacy reach has a lot more phys damage. After much testing I settled on using only 1 mings heart and 1 rare ring so that i can maintain 6k health. Maybe in 4-5 more levels when I get more life I can switch back to double mings.

You were right about the poison gem tho. I tried slower projectiles and phys projectile. Poison beats them both even tho the tooltip is much less.

Also I added a bloodrage to my setup. I don't know why but I can run it with no problems and the clear speed is good enough that I don't have problems with bosses. Either way a lot of boss fights have adds. I guess if someday I fight shaper I would probably add a frenzy gem just to keep up stacks. You weren't kidding the dps boost from frenzy charges is a lot.

Thanks you so much for your feedback. This is the most fun character I've had in awhile. I'll try to work in a snakebite and headhunter as I get more currency.

i still thing mings is not worth it. yeah its more damage, but do you really need that damage? with the poison improvements that i suggested you should have crazy damage, especially with a legacy reach.

"
Sacrifized wrote:
Okay, started this character yesterday and it's absolutely amazing in all aspects. Never leveled a char this quick and fluid before (though I used tons of leveling gear), hit lvl 64 (now 68) a short while ago and it absolutely OBLITERATES everything with 6L Reach! Currently in T6, with gems at lvl 16, the move- and killspeed is just crazy, I take two to three minutes on any map so far. I don't even use a Queen and the build is lightning fast and one-shots most everything in its path. And it still has so much ceiling, I have yet to do merc Lab and uber Lab, get jewel slots and fill them, get my gems maxed etc. and yet it's already an absolute beast!

Most fun I've ever had with a char since I started playing this game!

Current Gear:

Spoiler

nice gear :D i am happy you're enjoying the build. i agree it gives you a really powerful feeling, and it stays like that even into T16 maps with good gear scaling.

After you got used to playing this build more, you will probably want to remove a life flask to get another useful flask instead, and try to sustain with just 1 quicksilver. Silver flask, witchfire brew, diamond flask, dying sun are all awesome choices that will give you even more fun and power :D
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
After you got used to playing this build more, you will probably want to remove a life flask to get another useful flask instead, and try to sustain with just 1 quicksilver.

I plan to, gonna modify flask setup as flasks drop (not a single diamond flask dropped yet) and maybe, MAYBE even get a Dying Sun but I got some other gear priorities first (mainly Vuln Snakebites, corrupted around 25 yet and no dice). I'll try out a Queen as well but I think I'm good with movement speed, maybe not even going to pick the small eva/ms cluster in your tree and instead opting for more life/damage nodes.

I got a question though: What is the reason of having Vaal Haste? I don't even seem to have a hotkey left for it and I didn't find anything about it in your first post. Can you explain, please?
Awesome build giude. Thank you for this, gonna try it myself, hope i'll level fast :P And btw, if i dont have a Reach of the Council bow but i have a 5L Lioneye's Glare Bow, what gems should i use on it??
Last edited by tipicozzy on Oct 1, 2016, 3:15:27 PM
What do you think about Kintsugi over queen of the forest?
"
cmphx wrote:
"
CosmicMidget wrote:
Are you planning to vaal your bow? )

Starting to think about it.

+1 arrow is a really good corruption, so im tempted :D a legacy one would have been better though

Well, didn't work for me :(

was hoping for +chaos damage at least.
Gonna start with this build tomorrow, got all the neccessary gear.

However is the global critical strike multiplier important on the amulet? Cant really find one with good max life roll, chaos dmg, global strike mult and open prefix for crafting :C

Also which skills should I use for early leveling?
Last edited by MMCShiNi on Oct 1, 2016, 4:32:31 PM
"
MMCShiNi wrote:

Also which skills should I use for early leveling?

I used Split Arrow until lvl 12 and then LA/Barrage straight away, with decent leveling gear it's pure bliss. Did put LA in Tabula with the usual supports, plus HoI and HoT.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info