[2.6] Life Elemental Lacerate/BladeFlurry Inquisitor, Great clear/Damage (Guardian/Shaper viable)

So, I'm really torn between kraitlyn vs alira for merciless. power vs frenzy in other words, input?
"
harby wrote:
So, I'm really torn between kraitlyn vs alira for merciless. power vs frenzy in other words, input?

I couldn't decide either so I just took the passive. I think Frenzy is probably the better choice for the more damage and attack speed, but we don't really have ways to keep either up against a boss, and this build does so much damage even without charges. Between the tree, 3 natural charges, and a Diamond Flask, I think we can get a pretty effective capped crit chance as it is.
"
harby wrote:

Yeah, when you really need the charges you won't have them (bosses). So I took the passive point. One charge wasn't going to make much of a difference on map clearing.

However, if you really don't want a passive point, definitely grab the frenzy charge.
El Psy Congroo.
Last edited by Patchumz on Dec 5, 2016, 1:16:45 PM
"
monkuar wrote:
"
13isLucky wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:
Awesome. Do you think they will nerf BF for the next league though? I really loved this build for essence and want to try out BF for the new league and follow a similar setup here
They already nerfed it, the details are in the patch notes. Still should be quite powerful even with the nerf as we all knew it wouldn't stay tuned the way it is.

Wow genius. I made that post before those patch notes were released.
I mentioned that people knew that there would be a nerf forthcoming as soon as the skill was released based on how it worked in Standard. Glad to see my ability to hurt feelings is still finely tuned.
"
Patchumz wrote:
So here's my current setup running maps with Blade Flurry. Extremely smooth, very survivable with Vaal Pact. I even did Xoph in his breach and that went just fine. The only scary part is the floor is basically entirely lava when you get deep into the fight.

My passive tree. http://poeurl.com/TY6

So far so good.

EDIT: I should mention, I've tested Doryani's Catalyst and for Blade Flurry it's just not worth using. You want the extra attack speed from a sword and you'll get more DPS out of it in general.

EDIT2: I retested. Blade Flurry's tooltip is wrong. Ignore both the average damage and attack speed when factoring in stat sticks. Depressingly. I wish tooltips weren't wrong 9/10 times.

Definitely grab Doryani when you can.

Two questions for you - currently progressing with this build as well. Do you think increased critical strikes is better than added lightning damage for 5L BF? ICC takes a lot away from tooltip compared to AL (I know TT isn't everything) just curious.

Also - you're using anger instead of wrath - is that just personal preference, or is anger better dmg?

Cheers.
What's the best 5L for Blade Flurry? BF > WeD > Crit Strikes > Incr AoE > Added Lightning? Or replace one with FA?
"
Balllllller wrote:

Two questions for you - currently progressing with this build as well. Do you think increased critical strikes is better than added lightning damage for 5L BF? ICC takes a lot away from tooltip compared to AL (I know TT isn't everything) just curious.

Also - you're using anger instead of wrath - is that just personal preference, or is anger better dmg?

Cheers.

Yes, go with ICC. Once you have Inevitable Judgment, all your critical strikes ignore enemy resistances. While your tooltip DPS may be higher with added lightning, remember that they are resisting a lot of that damage more often.

"
Jarmanuel wrote:
What's the best 5L for Blade Flurry? BF > WeD > Crit Strikes > Incr AoE > Added Lightning? Or replace one with FA?

Personally I would go with FA instead of Added Lightning. The more attack speed you have the quicker you hit 6 charges and deal much higher damage. APS doesn't show up on the tooltip, but you sure as heck can feel it in practice.
Last edited by nEgativezEro89 on Dec 6, 2016, 1:10:42 PM
"
Balllllller wrote:

Cheers.

Yes, ICC is much better. Chances are your foil won't have high base crit, the flat crit from ICC really helps with that. Plus crit just synergizes so much better, as stated by nEgativezEro89.

And I'm only using Anger because it doesn't have 155 int requirement. They are functionally identical if you're not stacking heavy extra lightning.
El Psy Congroo.
Last edited by Patchumz on Dec 6, 2016, 2:15:31 PM
Tooltip dps in 2016 LUL. Use Path of Building app to simulate DPS
BF > WeD > Crit Strikes > Incr AoE > Added Lightning is good choice

Spoiler

I like 155 int so I can level 10 int gems for sale. Discipline 21 is pretty neat
Last edited by ActiveSlay on Dec 6, 2016, 3:57:52 PM
After playing this build for 90% of Essence league, I thought I'd try out the physical version.

Have to say, it feels terrible. I think its much easier to go CI on that side of the tree, but the skill doesn't feel well as physical. And besides, the pack shatters are so sexy.

I'm going to reroll Inquisitor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info