Removed

Somehow i dont get why you feel like ELE does more dmg than NEC..? Is it cuz of the additional Golem you get?

I need to understand because atm im running a NEC with 4 asc. points and dont know wether to respec them and change class or not..
"
BigBaMthrfckr wrote:
Somehow i dont get why you feel like ELE does more dmg than NEC..? Is it cuz of the additional Golem you get?

I need to understand because atm im running a NEC with 4 asc. points and dont know wether to respec them and change class or not..

You'd be getting an additional golem which makes Victario's Charity more viable to use, more jewel sockets for Harmony Jewels, Discipline instead of Purity of Elements and never have to worry about repositioning your golems to keep them alive (meaning that during a breach or tough boss fight, all you need to focus on is keeping your character alive).

I think that Elementalist and Necromancer are very similar in DPS, but Elementalist offers so much more for defense. Due to the mana reservation demands of my build, it's not possible to resummon Flame Golems during a fight. It's a big oversight on my part but not an issue with the Elementalist path.
"
You'd be getting an additional golem which makes Victario's Charity more viable to use, more jewel sockets for Harmony Jewels, Discipline instead of Purity of Elements and never have to worry about repositioning your golems to keep them alive (meaning that during a breach or tough boss fight, all you need to focus on is keeping your character alive).

I think that Elementalist and Necromancer are very similar in DPS, but Elementalist offers so much more for defense. Due to the mana reservation demands of my build, it's not possible to resummon Flame Golems during a fight. It's a big oversight on my part but not an issue with the Elementalist path.

Ok thanks a lot. Guess i am going to respec my asc.points then..
"
BigBaMthrfckr wrote:

Ok thanks a lot. Guess i am going to respec my asc.points then..

Necromancer doesn't start to suck until T13+ or doing the breachstones, if you need to wait on currency.
"
"
I like Elementalist so much, changed the NEC tag to ELEM. Also added an Elementalist tree as well as skill gems section.

I'm loving Elem as well. The phase run + Victario's Charity combo is really good so far, especially when in tough breach where mobs chasing me like maniac. I just use 5-8sec phase run and mobs drop aggros on me. So useful and extra mobility as well. I'm just not confident to add the +1 curse ring yet since my other gears are not that great.

Oh and Vaal Summon Skeleton has been really useful within breaches and boss fights. They're strong meat shields. With Victario's Charity + Necro Aegis, they buff each other really quickly and provide me infinite phase run within breaches and boss fights. No one even targets me lul.

I'm lv80 right now and so far it looks really strong build. I need to put more points on jewel sockets for dmg boost and then I think I can even challenge high tier maps + end game bosses.

Check my char's profile and provide me any feedbacks. The char name is LongAndThickAsBreach

Your character section on your profile is hidden, I think.

I feel like vaal skellies are way overkill but it's up to you of course :P

Phase run seems OP for bosses though. I feel like it'd be a hassle for regular mob clearing since you'd be applying EE and flesh offering so often (fucking up phasing) but totally different story for bosses and miscellaneous rippy mobs. Taunt has been nerfed and isn't as effective as it once was, especially on bosses but if you can just use phase run, it should have the same effect in that it manipulates the boss into attacking the minions.

When you phase run and run a short distance away from something that has targeted you, will it continue to go for you or does phase run break its line of sight?
Last edited by SuccYE on Jan 7, 2017, 2:37:10 PM
I made my char tab public. That was my bad.
When some mobs hit me I just use phase run and put some distance between me and mobs, then they drop aggros and go after other minions.

I found this very effective on some bosses. When they start to throw shits at me, Phase run + flask gives me some breathing space. And I deactivate TC curse in boss fights in order to resummon Golems if needed.
Last edited by YouMustHaveNoLife on Jan 7, 2017, 6:40:31 PM
"
I made my char tab public. That was my bad.
When some mobs hit me I just use phase run and put some distance between me and mobs, then they drop aggros and go after other minions.

I found this very effective on some bosses. When they start to throw shits at me, Phase run + flask gives me some breathing space. And I deactivate TC curse in boss fights in order to resummon Golems if needed.

Holy shit that's insane! I added phase run to the guide, can't wait to play with it.

As for feedback, on the left side of the tree you still have a minion damage node leading to "Herd the Flock" which is probably left over from being a Necromancer but it's useless on Elementalist. If I were you I'd experiment playing with and without Primordial Might to see if you really need it, and if not, put it towards a 6link chest or something.
Last edited by SuccYE on Jan 7, 2017, 7:15:01 PM
I played without Might jewel for a while and I hated how FGs behaved. I will always use Might all the time. And thank you for the feedback, I will refund that node.

I've only played few mid tier maps so far because my gears are bad. It will take some time to save up currencies to buy 6L with much better resists and ES chest piece. In low tier maps, I just pass through packs of mobs with Phase Run and FGs are automatically re-located in front of the packs or among the packs, and then FGs just obliterate the packs instantly. And in boss fights, I just throw the balls for EQ and Flame curse on bosses.

30% run speed on boots + 30+% run speed from Phase Run (+ Quicksilver if in desperate situations) gives insane run speed and gives me so much mobility to get me out of dangerous situations. In some boss fights, I think I was phased during the entire fight because 5-8 seconds of Phase Run gives me enough time to save FCs.

In mid tier maps, I started to play a little bit safer, meaning that I stopped passing through packs of mobs. Instead I cast curse balls once or twice and then aggro mobs to come to me in the meantime FGs catch up to me, and then I just Phase Run away from mobs and let mobs and FGs battle to the death. Not the fastest way of clearing mobs compared to some of the craziest clear speed builds out there. However I always prefer more safety over speed clearing. In high tier maps I would still play the same safe clearing style.

[EDIT] Vaal Skels also help alot to generate FCs in some breaches and bosses, providing me unlimited time to hide in shadow keke.
Last edited by YouMustHaveNoLife on Jan 7, 2017, 10:03:01 PM
Phase run definitely OP! I'm disappointed that I'll have to wait till getting an Anima Stone before being able to use it. Actually I don't even need frenzy charges for it, just increased duration is fine. Hurray
Last edited by SuccYE on Jan 7, 2017, 8:28:33 PM
"
Phase run definitely OP! I'm disappointed that I'll have to wait till getting an Anima Stone before being able to use it. Actually I don't even need frenzy charges for it, just increased duration is fine. Hurray

I'm trying to find a way to get rid of the 1sec downtime even without FCs, but no luck so far. If you get some ideas, please share with us. It would be amazing for this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info