Development Manifesto: The Atlas

"
Vaydra wrote:
Please add hover radius for sextants on maps :)

Indeed, this would be great.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
monkuar wrote:
"
Melzas wrote:

Completely incorrect.

Only unlocked maps and maps adjacent to the one you are in can ever drop. Progression on the atlas completely removes +2 drops from all new maps as well.

That's my point though. You don't need to ever press G (or access to the atlas UI) to progress.. lol so all these QQ posts about UI / Atlas stuff are red herrings.

You can still progress by just mapping. What I'm doing right now actually

Dude,if you haven't killed the boss of x corrupted rare map,this map will never drop for you. Ever.
How is the atlas optional if the only way to get all the possible maps of the game to drop is to play by the atlas rules?
atlas is very bad path .... drop maps is very bad ..... i used 36 maps T15 and only drop t5/t8 fuck your game .
WHO THE FUCK CARES?
- UP THE SEXTANT DROPRATES, THEY FEEL LIKE EXALT RARITY
- UP DROPRATE ON JEWELLER'S, FUSINGS AND CHROMATICS: THESE CURRENCIES ARE TOO CRUCIAL ON YOUR CHARACTER PROGRESSION TO BE GATED BEHIND A BLOODY RANDOM NUMBER
- UP EXALT DROPRATE SO WE CAN FINALLY USE THEM, INSTEAD OF TRADING THEM AS IF THEY WERE $100 BILLS
- NERF THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF BLADE VORTEX AND PATHFINDER ALREADY, IT'S MINDBLOWN HOW IT'S ALLOWED SO MUCH TIME TO SHINE, WHEN YOU NERFED STRONG BUILDS WITHIN A WEEK, WHICH DIDN'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO THIS
- SHORTEN THE FUCKING TRIALS/LABYRINTH, IT'S NO LONGER THAT EXPANSION, JUST FUCKING SHORTEN IT. MOST BORING CONTENT EVER SHAT OUT OF A GAME
- FUCKING FIX TRADING ALREADY, IT'S A HUGE TIME-SINK AND SHOULDN'T REQUIRE A THIRD-PARTY FUCKING OPTION
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Last edited by Derpey on Sep 16, 2016, 10:32:21 AM
"
Derpey wrote:
WHO THE FUCK CARES?
- UP DROPRATE ON JEWELLER'S, FUSINGS AND CHROMATICS: THESE CURRENCIES ARE TOO CRUCIAL ON YOUR CHARACTER PROGRESSION TO BE GATED BEHIND A BLOODY RANDOM NUMBER
- UP EXALT DROPRATE SO WE CAN FINALLY USE THEM, INSTEAD OF TRADING THEM AS IF THEY WERE $100 BILLS
- NERF THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF BLADE VORTEX AND PATHFINDER ALREADY, IT'S MINDBLOWN HOW IT'S ALLOWED SO MUCH TIME TO SHINE, WHEN YOU NERFED STRONG BUILDS WITHIN A WEEK, WHICH DIDN'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO THIS
- SHORTEN THE FUCKING TRIALS/LABYRINTH, IT'S NO LONGER THAT EXPANSION, JUST FUCKING SHORTEN IT. MOST BORING CONTENT EVER SHAT OUT OF A GAME
- FUCKING FIX TRADING ALREADY, IT'S A HUGE TIME-SINK AND SHOULDN'T REQUIRE A THIRD-PARTY FUCKING OPTION

Agreed on everything. Especialy exalted orbs. They should be like 10 times more rare than chaos so we could actually craft something good.
Sextants are too rare.
Bv is the most op build in 3 leagues now.
Trials are a complete waste of time,absolutely no trial there.
Trading from stash tabs would be the biggestqol improvement.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
Derpey wrote:
WHO THE FUCK CARES?

Agreed on everything. Especialy exalted orbs. They should be like 10 times more rare than chaos so we could actually craft something good.
Sextants are too rare.
Bv is the most op build in 3 leagues now.
Trials are a complete waste of time,absolutely no trial there.
Trading from stash tabs would be the biggestqol improvement.

Wait, what? Don't you mean more COMMON than Chaos Orbs?

But yeah, I'm already slowly quitting this game, it's simply not worth wasting my time on, since the reward I get out of it is just a bunch of Alteration Shards.
Seriously, fuck PoE right now, everybody I know is slowly quitting anyways.
"
Qarl wrote:
The Hallowed Ground Unique Map drops maps based on Atlas progression you have. It has no restrictions on what tier of map can drop, so that means that a player with a mostly-unlocked Atlas can easily get very high level maps from this low-tier unique one. The combined high experience and map drops make this map far too rewarding. It is important that unique maps are rewarding, but we have over-pitched the rewards for this map. We will examine the rewards available on this map and make some reductions. The likely solution is locking the maximum tier of maps that can drop.

Oh noooo! We give players content to play! Whaaaaaa! That cannot be. They must be forced to grind boring shit.

Also, can you pleeeease answer the mechanical questions about the Atlas bonus (what happens if you upgrade to a Tier that cannot drop) posted in multiple places by now (General Discussion, Mechanical Questions Thread)?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
No,i mean more rare. From 100 times or whatever they are today to drop to 10 times.
If they were 10 times more common there would be no point in chaos orbs to exist.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
No,i mean more rare. From 100 times or whatever they are today to drop to 10 times.
If they were 10 times more common there would be no point in chaos orbs to exist.

I don't understand, why did you agree with my statement then?
"
Zvim wrote:
Please add a search function to the Atlas so it can highlight on the map a map you type into a search box.

Also labels so we don't even have to search..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info