Development Manifesto: The Atlas

"
Qarl wrote:

As well, we will be adding some features for finding maps on the Atlas UI. Hovering over a map in your inventory will highlight it on the Atlas, and right clicking a map in your inventory with the Atlas open will center your view on that map.

How about a search function? How are these new "features" helping me find maps I don't currently own?
"
Varangian wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

As well, we will be adding some features for finding maps on the Atlas UI. Hovering over a map in your inventory will highlight it on the Atlas, and right clicking a map in your inventory with the Atlas open will center your view on that map.

How about a search function? How are these new "features" helping me find maps I don't currently own?

Not to mention, that to do it like Qarl is suggesting, means that first we need to move the maps into our inventory from the stash tab.....makes no sense to me.

Search function like the stash tab function makes more sense.
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
as a solo player, i can say adjanced drops mechanics makes me buy like every single map to progress normally. unless i have an excessive pool of lower tier maps that i dont mind to run (spend time on). in essence, i had to buy about 70% of maps, im not a very good player so i made a decision to buy maps a bit late, thinking natural progress might be viable. its not unless you want to get stuck at some lower tier. So if pre-atlas i could pretty much progress naturally by alching/chiselling/using frags. here you just want to have maps open even before considering chisels/frags/maybe sextants for higher maps.

And yeah sextants- agony sux :P Not to say sometimes some of the circles turn invisible. But i feel for such a huge annoyance (especially at some maps, say excavation: P) reward is way too low.

And definitely need a way to forcibly remove sextant mod/or reroll (replace) it by using another sextant. some mods are just meh (semi useless) like gettin unid map mod when you end up not getting any unid's from corrupting your 9 affected maps :P
Hi Qarl,
Could we please, please get search-by-text on the atlas as well. I don't always have handy the map that i'm looking to find.
"
Jerle wrote:
Very good news. If only the performance issues are fixed, this expansion would be perfect.

that is definetly one of the biggest issues that need to be addressed ASAP.
"
Shadokil wrote:
as a solo player, i can say adjanced drops mechanics makes me buy like every single map to progress normally. unless i have an excessive pool of lower tier maps that i dont mind to run (spend time on). in essence, i had to buy about 70% of maps, im not a very good player so i made a decision to buy maps a bit late, thinking natural progress might be viable. its not unless you want to get stuck at some lower tier. So if pre-atlas i could pretty much progress naturally by alching/chiselling/using frags. here you just want to have maps open even before considering chisels/frags/maybe sextants for higher maps.

This is a huge issue for me. My right side of the atlas is fully complete up to t6 and I have a lot of T6-t8 maps ready to run. My left side of the tree is stuck at T4 and below even though I have been chain running every single map there for days. I'm purposely holding back my progression because I want to have both sides of the atlas uncovered. It's ridiculous that low-tier connected maps drop as little as they are now. I would easily be in T9-T10 if I didn't have to chain run low tier maps. Some maps can't even be upgraded through vendor because of the new system. Acid lake (T4) becomes Mesa (T5) but Pit (T5) is only connected to Acid Lake and can't be obtained any other way than through drops.

No I will not buy the maps. The system itself is broken and needs to be looked into. I hate that everyone just resorts to trading their way through everything and just accepting that it isn't properly designed.
I have been buying missing maps lately. 66% completed and probably 20% of it picked fm trading. I am currently on my last red maps and cash strapped. If this sink is intended, i just hope map drops will come through over trading and not the other way around. Atlas will keep on going great if players do see progress and move along the path. Otherwise we just keep on looking at it hating it for every fruitless alched, chiseled, sac'd map we waste. RNG gated or not atlas is nothing if you got no maps to travel with.
Last edited by monsoonrider on Sep 22, 2016, 1:48:53 AM
for solo players that atlas system even worse then it was before, GGG should at least increase percentage from 1 to 2% per/map and remove that corruption requirement.
"
Namcap wrote:
"
Shadokil wrote:

This is a huge issue for me. My right side of the atlas is fully complete up to t6 and I have a lot of T6-t8 maps ready to run. My left side of the tree is stuck at T4 and below even though I have been chain running every single map there for days. I'm purposely holding back my progression because I want to have both sides of the atlas uncovered. It's ridiculous that low-tier connected maps drop as little as they are now. I would easily be in T9-T10 if I didn't have to chain run low tier maps. Some maps can't even be upgraded through vendor because of the new system. Acid lake (T4) becomes Mesa (T5) but Pit (T5) is only connected to Acid Lake and can't be obtained any other way than through drops.

No I will not buy the maps. The system itself is broken and needs to be looked into. I hate that everyone just resorts to trading their way through everything and just accepting that it isn't properly designed.

Well as a solo player who is slowly but surely working my way deeper and deeper into the Atlas heres some things i can tell you that have helped me tremendously.
First off i didn't even start my atlas till i had roughly 2+ EACH of the 4 starting maps. Now something i also noticed is that maps seem to be dropping now as early as the very start of act 2. This means by the time you reach the mines in Act 4 and get your very last skill point you might need to farm dried lake a little bit but otherwise you should atleast have your first 4 starting maps. From there i feel like it is important to work all 4 sides together. This is exactly the idea i had going in and map drops have not been a struggle for me either. Atleast not once i got the completion bonus up. i did however feel like progression was a bit slow up to and going into yellow maps. It also feels slow when you working every single map on the atlas atleast once for completion bonus but now im working into red maps and the benifit of doing this and completing all maps as i go i starting to pay off.

It might also be worth mentioning i did start a second character but that was mostly because i started a testing character to test many things including COC and while it has ok defenses (6K life other things) it just wasn't cutting it for certain things and boss's.. at least not comfortably like on a very good build so i rerolled my ED build and now progression is full steam again. It also worth mentioning that since i had so much completion on the atlas once i hit A2 on this build maps drop too much almost now. But its not a big deal it just means more Chisels which are vital to mapping anyway. Something to keep in mind.

The idea also going in was to complete EVERYTHING as i go. Now when the Atlas first come out this was extremely difficult because when you start out map drops doing feel so great and you can run maps and not get adjacent maps to drop. This leads to holes in the atlas as well as progressing one or 2 corners further than the others. But thankfully they changed the way Zana works with the maps she sells and this is no longer an issue.

In fact Zana is quite important and absolutely key to lvl as you progress the atlas. Now once you lvl her to 6 youll find yourself (IF your following this strategy) at some point with a complete atlas up to around T8 maps. You should be around 50+/125 in completion but zana will be offering nothing higher than T8 either. BUT continuing to buy T8s as needed as well as just grinding those T8s and anything higher that drops ive continued to progress and have plenty of maps that as long as i see a new map and complete it it progresses fine. Zana helps a lot in filling those holes in your atlas for maps that simply seem to not want to drop. She is also key in getting Rare Unid maps for that challenge as well. :p
Worst case if you are still struggling at this point with a complete atlas then at least continue to lvl zana to 7 in which she will offer even higher tiers and you can progress that way. I have had 3 maps given to me because they didn't drop and zana didn't give them... Academy, Spider Lair, and Channel. These are all lower lvl maps i think the only one yellow was spider lair but yeah everything else was done on my own self found. Those just happen to get dropped in our GS and it was completion so i used it. But still worth mentioning for fairness.

I also want to stress ALL the same rules apply when rolling maps as well. With the exception of Red maps once you get to those i would suggest Aug+Regal the corrupting in hopes of no change or at least it going unid which the mods do not change. This will lead to easier completion of those maps. But at the same time corrupting Red maps was also key to getting Reds to drop anyway so there is that to consider but high quant and pack size is still very important to getting maps to drop. In fact if you are struggling to get into yellows or to get all the yellows to drop for completion then Alc those white maps adjacent to them.
They only have to be blue to complete but that doesn't mean you cant Alc them anyway to insure better map drops. In fact White and yellow maps adjacent to maps you dont have complete i would say alc them and even roll them for some quant and pack size as well if you can afford it. Nothing too crazy but this will also help in filling holes for a more complete atlas.

The idea people have about skipping shitty maps you dont like or whatever people had before atlas come out or customizing your atlas is something to do not suggest you even try at all unless you are having zero issues progressing the atlas. Because that completion bonus is just too good to leave anything out. BEcause what happens is you gimp your map drops as a whole for the sake of only having maps you want to drop but then maps dont drop so whats the point? IF there's a map you hate still complete that map and when it drops vendor it up. Just because it drops for you doesn't mean it has to be ran.

Now i'm not sure how the removing of maps works but if it works in a way where you can remove and map from dropping but still keep the completion bonus then i would much more highly suggest doing that instead. At Least if that is the way it works i haven't had a chance to do it yet to see. Hope this helps someone.

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Sep 26, 2016, 4:05:49 AM
Havent even seen the so called Hallowed fuck map and you will nerf it?, while you are
at it why dont you nerf the new channeling skills from now before they are even out.
Nerf everything and make all gear legacy, in this way we will buy cheap legacy items and play shitty nerfed builds and after GGG will wonder where did all POE players went? Why did they stop playing POE?
Have you even seen the previous pages what people are writing? A lot of players are unhappy about the game cant you even see that?
Most of us players are playing like 5-6 hours every day and what do we get from that? Nerfs, terrible Atlas map drops, gear worth becomes half in value price of what we spend, crashes, desyncs.
If you are taking out all the excitement from the game than whats left for us to enjoy? one day we will get bored from cheap and useless legacy items.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info