Development Manifesto: The Atlas

"
PsOfOs wrote:
No,i mean more rare. From 100 times or whatever they are today to drop to 10 times.
If they were 10 times more common there would be no point in chaos orbs to exist.

Exalts are already 10 times more rare than chaos so i have no idea what you are talking about. Do you even know this yourself?
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 16, 2016, 12:13:49 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:
No,i mean more rare. From 100 times or whatever they are today to drop to 10 times.
If they were 10 times more common there would be no point in chaos orbs to exist.

Exalts are already 10 times more rare than chaos so i have no idea what you are talking about. Do you even know this yourself?

He could be this rare case that GGG tailor their game for, he must've found dozen upon dozen of Exalts already.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:

They deffinetely are more than 10 times more rare than chaos.
You don't find an ex for every 10 chaos that drop on average.
Do you even understand what i'm saying?
"
Derpey wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:

I don't understand, why did you agree with my statement then?

Because you asked for exalts to be more common.
I agreed and said they should be 10 times more rare than chaos.
Currently they are 50+ more rare than chaos so that would be an improvement.
I don't agree for exalts to drop more than chaos overall because that would make chaos orbs useless.
Do you understand?
You are focusing on a terminal cancer patient's hangnails. Typical. I wonder just how long I can continue to maintain interest in this game with so much of the development effort going in completely wrong directions...
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
Derpey wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:

I don't understand, why did you agree with my statement then?

Because you asked for exalts to be more common.
I agreed and said they should be 10 times more rare than chaos.
Currently they are 50+ more rare than chaos so that would be an improvement.
I don't agree for exalts to drop more than chaos overall because that would make chaos orbs useless.
Do you understand?

I don't think you actually understand logic at all sadly.
What you're actually stating, is that you want Exalts to have an additional 10 times higher rarity over Chaos, than they currently have, are you understanding that?

At least, that's how people will understand the wording.

I've never said Chaos should be less common than Exalts, but I do wish we got a huge overhaul to the droprates in general, I've played a character up to 78 this league, and I've only seen bloody 11 Chaos Orbs, that's it, I've been forced to fucking chaos recipe spam for way too long, if it wasn't for this Essence shit, I wouldn't stand a chance to get rare rings/amulets/belts for the recipe and I'd be screwed.

Now add the whole RNG shit on socketing/linking/coloring gear.. I'm just fed up with RNG and I'm seeing more and more of my friends simply leaving the game because they've had enough:
- It's depressing to know that there's so many cool things to do in this game, but you'll never get a chance to either see 'nor play with them, because it needs the most absurd low chance of happening to a player; better off gating everything, so only the 1% will ever see it.

I'm slowly quitting aswell due to this, I'm just done. First GGG gives us the Trials and the Labyrinth, and we're still stuck with godawful RNG-gated content and insane grind-heavy shit to even enter some content, which is again RNG-gated.
Not a fan of the Labyrinth either, I simply find it way too long and boring, it's the worst part of the game, and I simply just let out a big sigh before making a new character, because I remind myself that I need to go through that shit again, and I just can't be bothered.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505

"As well, we will be adding some features for finding maps on the Atlas UI. Hovering over a map in your inventory will highlight it on the Atlas, and right clicking a map in your inventory with the Atlas open will center your view on that map."

couldn't have asked for a better solution, that is freaking awesome!
Mac client, please. I know it's a tall order with GGG's limited resources, but if even one more post about this helps, here is mine. :-)
In my experience progress in the Atlas is a real struggle if you try it solo. Somehow doing it with a friend results in progress every single map. I don't know why. Maybe because that friend had already everything upto t12.

The atlas made map management for me as a solo player worse instead of better. It seems that the drop chance is more or less current tier with all the maps you found already + a chance to get a higher tier.

So if you have unlocked 20 maps and you can progress to 2 maps, your total chance becomes 1/22 to find the better map. If you have unlocked 100 maps and you can unlock again 2 maps higher, your chance becomes 1/102 or roughly 5 times worse. This is slightly compensated by the bonus to get higher map tiers, but overall its a nerf to progress.

Drop chances of maps in general seems to be boosted. On a rare rolled map I get 3-5 maps on average on a tier 3-5 map. The current progress is achieved by vendoring 3 of the lower tier maps to get some advancements.
Am I dreaming, or did I see Chris W. say that they were well aware that progression through high tier maps needed to be adressed (paraphrasing), and mentioning that a developer manifesto was on the way (presumably this!).

Maybe I am misreading the manifesto, but I don't see a single mention of making end game mapping any more accessible.

From the start of Essence league I made and played one of my most successful and enjoyable characters to date to level 90, at which point I took a good long hard look at the new end-game experience progression and realized that even if I could afford to buy tier 13+ maps to make up for the lack of drops, then it would be way beyond my pain threshold to shoot for any further levelling.

This lead me to reroll at a time when I was still enjoying playng my main, but simply couldn't continue to do so in a meaningful way without wasting all my currency.

This time I rerolled, but I might as well have just stopped playing PoE until next league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info