[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
viperesque wrote:
"
ShiningMeow wrote:
Wiki says:
Burn on kill: While Herald of Ash is active, when an enemy is killed by an attack (but not a spell), enemies within a radius from the killed enemy are burned based on the overkill damage.

3.2 Herald of Ash works with spells.

Are you sure it will work with totems though? None of the other heralds do, which makes me worried.

Also doing this build as leaguestart, btw. Really looking forward to it, I feel like the two extra totems should fill in the gaps the build previously had, such as being locked down in small rooms or breaches, especially without stun immunity on totems.
"
l3ifson wrote:
Are you sure it will work with totems though? None of the other heralds do, which makes me worried.

Wait...wait...

Man that's kinda sad. I know it doesn't work on totems. I've run this version past a bunch of people who know it doesn't work on totems. None of us picked up on it. What the hell? Thank you for the very important catch, I will update the guide accordingly.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
How do you think this build would work with Freezing Pulse and what changes would you recommend for it?
Hiero looks solid. Will start with this one and respec to LL RF Guardian if I happen to get rich :)

One point about Bestiary though - I understand that to capture a beast we need to stop DPSing it before we kill it and throw a net. Wouldn't it be a bit tricky with a totem build like this, where we don't control the DPS time and direction a 100% (I would imagine it would be even trickier with SRS, for example). Thoughts?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
geddoe wrote:
How do you think this build would work with Freezing Pulse and what changes would you recommend for it?

I feel like you'd have to go something quite different for Freezing Pulse, sorry. Maybe look at a Frostbolt totem guide as a base?

"
Jadran wrote:
Hiero looks solid. Will start with this one and respec to LL RF Guardian if I happen to get rich :)

One point about Bestiary though - I understand that to capture a beast we need to stop DPSing it before we kill it and throw a net. Wouldn't it be a bit tricky with a totem build like this, where we don't control the DPS time and direction a 100% (I would imagine it would be even trickier with SRS, for example). Thoughts?

You don't have to stop DPSing it, that would be horrible for so many builds. You just have to get the net on it before it dies. It can't die while netted.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Gonna do this build as my leaguestarter! What can we do about the cast speed issue?
Is there any pastebin on what a fully geared maxed out version of this would look like?

Or is the PoB link it's final form?
Do you think firestorm could be a viable option too?
"
Spora wrote:
Gonna do this build as my leaguestarter! What can we do about the cast speed issue?

What do you mean?

"
wakasm wrote:
Is there any pastebin on what a fully geared maxed out version of this would look like?

Or is the PoB link it's final form?

Just for you, here is a version with stupidly good gear. 2 million Shaper DPS.

"
teclis123 wrote:
Do you think firestorm could be a viable option too?

Sure. Damage is a bit lower and it's a bit clunkier, but if you want to play it go for it, it will definitely work.
Why don't you self cast SR for the fire res debuff, I won't damage but it should still apply the debuff as SR doesn't hit. https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5yvel8/mechanics_self_cast_scorching_ray_ancestral_bond/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info