[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

Inquisitor gets so much more damage than Hierophant. The resist bypass is amazing.
So you think the DPS is substantially higher, to the point where lasting longer with 4 totems is going to give you LESS survive-ability than just killing things straight up with inquis?
Last edited by antelopesalad on Aug 10, 2017, 4:27:35 PM
Level 81 now with this build and i must say its pretty lame. You die constantly when you get hit. You run into mobs you can't kill without switching out gems not even in the build to counter regen etc. I have about 150 C into this build and my damage is pathetic even with two wands. These builds work great when you're running around with 10+ k ES and end game gear but trying to map in a new league is just shit with Flameblast. One boss took me 20 minutes to kill with single target damage all gems are Q20 and about level 18-19. Plenty of crit and spell damage on gear and the damage is still only like 9k tooltip on totem. If i switch to two 20% cast speed daggers i lose all that spell power from wands and the damage sucks even more. You might get faster blasts but it takes 6 blasts to clear a wave instead of 1-2 AKA 2 totems on a hard pack. When fighting bosses you constantly have to put down a new totem every half a second because they are dead. You space them out and just keep summoning a new one in hopes of the 2nd totem getting off a blast. I thought this build was pretty bad while leveling it up but i figured when i got 125% cast speed it would get better. I was wrong. Thank god for Immortal Call or i wouldn't have played it this long.

My advice. Find another build that doesn't require you to have 10-12k ES to do basic maps.
Level 85 now and i play with gc > inc crit damage, elemental focus,phys to Lightning and Inc area for grps and conc for bosses.
I have with all buffs up with inc 28k Tooltip dps and with conc 36k .. i do all map mods except ele reflec.
But i Cant decide btw carcass Jack and closk of defiance .. the 50% area dmg means i do. with conc 54k dmg?
And gc has 5 Spikes Right ? Every Spike does dmg ? Or is the tooltip dps the Overall dmg?
And i dont know what i should do with ele focus? Do you guys think it is worth replacing with crit strikes gem?
My english is Not that good sorry
Greetings
The skill functions and actions section describes the quirks of GC superbly https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Glacial_Cascade
Been playing this build this season. Did glacial cascade and it's superb. The cast speed issues of flameblast are irrelevant and the dps is really good. Diggin it. Trying to farm a helm enchant and then do you think I should drop the phys to lightning after I get full conversion?

Anyway, dope build variation. Honestly deserves a build page all it's own.
"
Dread187 wrote:
Level 81 now with this build and i must say its pretty lame. You die constantly when you get hit. You run into mobs you can't kill without switching out gems not even in the build to counter regen etc. I have about 150 C into this build and my damage is pathetic even with two wands. These builds work great when you're running around with 10+ k ES and end game gear but trying to map in a new league is just shit with Flameblast. One boss took me 20 minutes to kill with single target damage all gems are Q20 and about level 18-19. Plenty of crit and spell damage on gear and the damage is still only like 9k tooltip on totem. If i switch to two 20% cast speed daggers i lose all that spell power from wands and the damage sucks even more. You might get faster blasts but it takes 6 blasts to clear a wave instead of 1-2 AKA 2 totems on a hard pack. When fighting bosses you constantly have to put down a new totem every half a second because they are dead. You space them out and just keep summoning a new one in hopes of the 2nd totem getting off a blast. I thought this build was pretty bad while leveling it up but i figured when i got 125% cast speed it would get better. I was wrong. Thank god for Immortal Call or i wouldn't have played it this long.

My advice. Find another build that doesn't require you to have 10-12k ES to do basic maps.

I think you must be exaggerating greatly if you say you've spent 150c on this build and are struggling in maps. At lvl 81 I can't imagine you're very far into maps, maybe T7-8? If you've put 150c into this build as you said, there's no way you'd be struggling on T7 or T8, or even T12-13 for that matter. Aside from all that, you could try the Glacial Cascade variation, which I think is much better than the Flameblast simply because of the more sustained/less bursty damage.

As an aside, I've spent only 1c on gear and it was a pretty bad 5L. The rest of my gear is honestly really bad. At lvl 83 I have around 3.6k life, 600 ES, 1900 mana, and I don't die nearly as much as you're claiming in T9-10s.
"
Dread187 wrote:
Level 81 now with this build and i must say its pretty lame. You die constantly when you get hit.

Speak for yourself I'm 82 and wrecking right now tier 9 maps with flameblast totems. I cast 2 totems, cast 2 orbs of storm, then zip through mobs with blade whirling blades to proc fortify. Heres my current gear setup. I'm not really having any problems at all yet and I haven't felt the need to swap gems for more single target yet either.

Jewels are the Spirestone unique jewel, then 3 jewels with both cast speed and cast speed when dual wielding with either all resistances or spell damage.
Last edited by Kasspa420 on Aug 11, 2017, 4:50:44 AM
This ring is really good for GC build, especially when we use MoM. My char is much beefier with it. Can take lots of hits in T7,8.
I have chosen also GC route instead of FB. Only question i have should i stop focusing on getting cast speed on gear (and support gem for that matter) and go instead increased critical damage ? I get that we still need spell power and critical strike chance if we chosen Inevitable Judgement, just not shure how relevant is cast compared to increased critical damage.
IGN: Antomon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info