[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
alex_disp wrote:
Hi,
I'm using GC version of this build and I've got a few pieces of mind to share.
1) The Soul Mantle. It gives you everything you need: increased elemental damage, additional totem, allows you to literally 7-gem and that additional gem can add quite a load of damage. I'm using curse immunity Diamond flask, because you must spam it anyway.
2) There is an Elemental Focus gem in original build and I think it's very bad for GC build: remember, all your damage is cold and lightning, and it's almost all the time crits. Cold crits freeze and shatter corpses - that is extremely helpful VS revivers and those spike-exploding mobs, lightning crit - 100% shocked state, so at best you get additional 50% increased damage against shocked mobs, which is massive. Furthermore, it allows you to use gems like https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Omen_on_the_Winds which adds a flat(!) 20% damage against chilled enemies. So, I don't think that damage bonus from Elemental Focus is better than having no elemental Ailments(correct me if I'm wrong).
3) Spell echo. I still don't know what's better - Increased Critical Damage or Spell Echo, needs some testing. SE looks nice and works great with GC, it's like you're having 6 totems(with Soul Mantle). Tooltip DPS is significantly lower with it than with Increased Critical Damage though. Citical damage gem will give you ~20-25% overall damage increase.

I'm lvl 76 at the moment, with most of gems at lvl 17-18 and 0% quality, and 5-linked Soul Mantle. Totems are destroying everything on low lvl maps, still didn't get any mid-high tier, will see how this build does there.

Your third point makes no sense, as spell echo doesn't work through totems, it says so on the spell echo tooltip and it also won't show any sort of cast speed increase on whatever spell you're using.
"
alex_disp wrote:
Hi,
1) The Soul Mantle. It gives you everything you need: increased elemental damage, additional totem, allows you to literally 7-gem and that additional gem can add quite a load of damage. I'm using curse immunity Diamond flask, because you must spam it anyway.
2) There is an Elemental Focus gem in original build and I think it's very bad for GC build: remember, all your damage is cold and lightning, and it's almost all the time crits. Cold crits freeze and shatter corpses - that is extremely helpful VS revivers and those spike-exploding mobs, lightning crit - 100% shocked state, so at best you get additional 50% increased damage against shocked mobs, which is massive. Furthermore, it allows you to use gems like https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Omen_on_the_Winds which adds a flat(!) 20% damage against chilled enemies. So, I don't think that damage bonus from Elemental Focus is better than having no elemental Ailments(correct me if I'm wrong).
3) Spell echo. I still don't know what's better - Increased Critical Damage or Spell Echo, needs some testing. SE looks nice and works great with GC, it's like you're having 6 totems(with Soul Mantle). Tooltip DPS is significantly lower with it than with Increased Critical Damage though. Citical damage gem will give you ~20-25% overall damage increase.

I'm lvl 76 at the moment, with most of gems at lvl 17-18 and 0% quality, and 5-linked Soul Mantle. Totems are destroying everything on low lvl maps, still didn't get any mid-high tier, will see how this build does there.

Hi could you say how much average dmg on your totem you have ? (the average that poe say not the real)
Thx ^^
"
alex_disp wrote:
Hi,

Hi could you say how much average dmg on your totem you have ? (the average that poe say not the real)
Thx ^^
"
adreeasa wrote:
What gems do you suggest instead of Elemental Focus , assuming you have a 6L, in order of power per skill ? What about a "7L", with a 6L Soul Mantle ?

In order of power(and significance) I think it's like:
Glacial Cascade (duh) -> Physical To Lightning (duh again) -> Increased Critical Strikes -> Increased AOE -> Increased Critical Damage (that makes it for 5-linked Soul Mantle) then either Controlled destruction or Spell Echo or I dunno... Concentrated Effect? Needs additional investigation.
"
Dromlin wrote:

Your third point makes no sense, as spell echo doesn't work through totems, it says so on the spell echo tooltip and it also won't show any sort of cast speed increase on whatever spell you're using.

It's a bit misleading because it does not work with totem skills THEMSELVES, meaning, you can't put 2 totems with 1 cast, but totems CAN use 2 spells, I first noticed that when I picked up Spell Echo shrine. My totems started spamming GC like crazy.

"
BloodLab wrote:

Thx ^^

POE says it's around 9k without Power Charges and Arcane Surge. With them it spikes to like 15k or even more. Keep in mind that it's still 0% quality lvl 18 GC supported by a 0% quality gems.
Last edited by alex_disp on Aug 10, 2017, 5:49:57 AM
So if Spell Echo does indeed work, would that not make strong enough to be a "must have " ? Or does it not copy the additional spell effects from the other support gems ? Ughh... too many questions ?
"
adreeasa wrote:
So if Spell Echo does indeed work, would that not make strong enough to be a "must have " ? Or does it not copy the additional spell effects from the other support gems ? Ughh... too many questions ?

Spell Echo does not work with totems. Period. It's easily seen by trying to link one and watch as cast speed doesn't change at all. It even says so in the tooltip description.
"
adreeasa wrote:

It should copy all effects, it's basically a second cast. As I said it needs testing, because poe tooltip shows lower increase in DPS with Spell Echo gem than with Increased Critical damage gem. maybe it's just a tooltip thing.
"
Dromlin wrote:
"
adreeasa wrote:

Spell Echo does not work with totems. Period. It's easily seen by trying to link one and watch as cast speed doesn't change at all. It even says so in the tooltip description.

Then why do I get 1.5k DPS when I put it in linked socket?
"
alex_disp wrote:
"
Dromlin wrote:
"
adreeasa wrote:

Then why do I get 1.5k DPS when I put it in linked socket?

Some crazy bug perhaps, but spell echo DOES NOT support totems. I literally just tried it myself and saw a 0 increase in DPS, but really what you should be looking at is the tooltip cast speed for GC or FB. When you link Spell Echo to a spell it should increase the cast speed, but it won't with spell totem. Only thing I can think of is you have a spell echo with quality on it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info