[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
frannyx04 wrote:
"
NaarJitsu wrote:
I am REALLY surprised people aren't seeing the synergy of these gloves in this build...

What items are you using?

are you guys having issues with survivability?

I have:( since there is no 12k ES its much easier to one-two shot your hero...dont know what to do because if you are using mind over matter you can be in situation where incoming damage just completely burn ing your mana and you cant do anything :'(
Hi.

I'm playing this build in HC SSF (level 50 and Act 6 now). I already can see that it will lack of more defense layers in the future.

I strongly advice of using Endurance Charges (4 if possible) in HC to add more defensive layers to the build. Probably, it's advisory of using a good armor/life shield instead of two wands/daggers.

Inquisitor has more DPS with Crit than Hierophant, but Hierophant it's better in survivabilty because of the 10% more damage taken from Mana before Life and the Wall of 4 Totems.

I am Inquisitor but maybe I will have to change to Hierophant, Im not sure yet.
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
Last edited by lourun_coria on Aug 9, 2017, 6:21:43 AM
On the topic of HC, I also wonder if Enfeeble is a better option than Temp Chains.
As an Inquisitor I would use Assassin's for the crit chance for more damage.

As far as survivability the Fortify gem for whirling blades is nice and you can never go wrong with the CWDT-IC setup. Just keep both gems low in that setup. Movement speed is your friend and taking the totem placement speed nodes with def help you stay out of danger. In sticky situations you can even just curse totem and get out of dodge and basically just stay on the very fringes. That's what I did for most bosses and worked perfectly fine.

Temp chains doesnt really add much that GC doesn't cover, I guess if you are using elemental focus the freeze is gone but frankly the fact that the crit chance is a debuff attached to the mob is worth a lot.
Also in a GC setup drop the cast speed gem for crit chance or crit multi (unsure which yet).
I'm trying to use this for the new Harbinger league. Is anyone actually, in charge of this post or has it turned into a free for all?

Has the original maker of this even posted anything new?

What are we using now the fire setup with a Templar or the GC setup? I'm already at level 28 with a Templar, so I guess I'll stick with him.

I'm really not sure what to do here.....
Am I supposed to start at the beginning of this post and follow the Flameblast or has this now become a Glacial Cascade build here in the end?

Is it still correct to follow the skill tree and the leveling section and all of the info on the first page or is that obsolete info now?

This seems to be kind of a mess right now....
Last edited by Viperface on Aug 9, 2017, 9:40:23 AM
"
As far as survivability the Fortify gem for whirling blades is nice and you can never go wrong with the CWDT-IC setup. Just keep both gems low in that setup.

When you say keep both gems at a low level, do you mean whirling blades and fortify or CWDT+IC?

Also what do you think about shield charge instead (for HC specifically)?
Last edited by antelopesalad on Aug 9, 2017, 9:43:22 AM
Sorry for the noob question, but why is the build using controlled destruction, when it also invest heavily into crit chance? And CD removes crit - if I understand it correctly.
Just swapped from Flameblast to GC, the gameplay improves a lot. GC is much more versatile, the damage is good as well. For flameblast, I had to run around circle so mobs gather to get hit by flameblast. On the otehr hand, using GC I just drop totems there and whirlwiling blades away like a b!tch and let totems do their jobs. Currently at level 75 with sub-par gears and can still do maps 5-7 with ease.
"
Geneq wrote:
Sorry for the noob question, but why is the build using controlled destruction, when it also invest heavily into crit chance? And CD removes crit - if I understand it correctly.

Crit mechanics have 2 parts - the base critical strike chance, and the multiplier.

Base Critical Strike Chance can never go below 5%, and is what is defined on the weapon or spell (some weapons say "Deal No Critical Strikes" which are an exemption to the 5% rule)

Multiplier is what's on Controlled Destruction, Increased Crit Strike gem, Dagger mods, etc. These are multipliers against the base chance.

Say we have a 5% Crit Chance and a 200% multiplier from gear and tree. That gives us effectively 15% chance to crit. Now add Controlled Destruction, and we are at 5% Crit and a 200%-100%=100% multiplier, so an effective chance to crit of 10%.

With gear, trees, Crit gem and Power Charges, you can easily get your Crit Multiplier up in the 500%-600%+ range. Controlled Destruction's -100% is pretty easily mitigated in this case.
"
NaarJitsu wrote:
I am REALLY surprised people aren't seeing the synergy of these gloves in this build...

I was using these until around level 71 or 72. Then I picked up hrimnors resolve helm, doryanis belt, and mutewind whisperstep boots then realized that I desperately needed resists on my gloves.

These also synergize decently well with the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info