[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
Dromlin wrote:

Some crazy bug perhaps, but spell echo DOES NOT support totems. I literally just tried it myself and saw a 0 increase in DPS, but really what you should be looking at is the tooltip cast speed for GC or FB. When you link Spell Echo to a spell it should increase the cast speed, but it won't with spell totem. Only thing I can think of is you have a spell echo with quality on it.

Nope, it had no quality. I'll have to check it later then.
Well, that leaves even less support gems to choose from, which is sad.
Last edited by alex_disp on Aug 10, 2017, 6:09:26 AM
"

In order of power(and significance) I think it's like:
Glacial Cascade (duh) -> Physical To Lightning (duh again) -> Increased Critical Strikes -> Increased AOE -> Increased Critical Damage (that makes it for 5-linked Soul Mantle) then either Controlled destruction or Spell Echo or I dunno... Concentrated Effect? Needs additional investigation.
You can try Hypothermia support, since we kinda all agree on removing the ele focus for GC version (its obvious).
"
JackyNipper wrote:
You can try Hypothermia support, since we kinda all agree on removing the ele focus for GC version (its obvious).

Hm, that's a really good alternative without any drawbacks.
And I just thought of another one: lvl 3 or 4 Empower. Or even Iron Will.
I started this build on the current league, using Flame Blast, and currently I am sitting around level 60.

Map clear is OK, but I have an issue with the bosses which move a lot, and I consider changing to GC. I guess cast speed is this case is no longer important on the daggers, so what do you think that I should focus on? Spell damage, crit chance and add phys??

Also, I consider using Soul Mantle instead of Cloak of Defiance. We gain one totem, some spell damage and a free socket to use something else, but we also loose quite a lot of flat mana, mana regen and evasion. How will the defense be in this case?
"
bibanul wrote:
I started this build on the current league, using Flame Blast, and currently I am sitting around level 60.

Map clear is OK, but I have an issue with the bosses which move a lot, and I consider changing to GC. I guess cast speed is this case is no longer important on the daggers, so what do you think that I should focus on? Spell damage, crit chance and add phys??

Also, I consider using Soul Mantle instead of Cloak of Defiance. We gain one totem, some spell damage and a free socket to use something else, but we also loose quite a lot of flat mana, mana regen and evasion. How will the defense be in this case?

Cast speed is not that important, but it's still good. You should focus on Crit Chance > Spell Damage > Added cold/lightning damage to spells > Crit Damage/Cast Speed
And what do you mean by "add phys"? Physical damage on daggers doesn't apply to GC and there's no "Physical damage added to spells" suffix.
Last edited by alex_disp on Aug 10, 2017, 10:23:35 AM
"
alex_disp wrote:
"
bibanul wrote:

Cast speed is not that important, but it's still good. You should focus on Crit Chance > Spell Damage > Added cold/lightning damage to spells > Crit Damage/Cast Speed
And what do you mean by "add phys"? Physical damage on daggers doesn't apply to GC and there's no "Physical damage added to spells" suffix.

You are right about the phys, my bad. What about using Soul Mantle, how much will the defence suffer?
"
bibanul wrote:

You are right about the phys, my bad. What about using Soul Mantle, how much will the defence suffer?

Can't say, because I'm not at that high level of maps myself, but I doubt that it will change much. Evasion is a joke, don't even bother with it. MoM is already picked in a passive tree and 10% additional damage from mana... meh, may save you from 1-shotting hit but then you'll die from next one.
And by the way, Soul Mantle has higher ES value, so it kind of compensates, but IMHO advantages from Soul Mantle outweight defense loss by a huge margin. And one of these, that is not often mentioned, is 50% increased totem life, which is HUGE, considering how fast they can die.
Last edited by alex_disp on Aug 10, 2017, 10:57:25 AM
"
When you say keep both gems at a low level, do you mean whirling blades and fortify or CWDT+IC?

Also what do you think about shield charge instead (for HC specifically)?

The IC-CWDT setup. I prefer whirling blades but shield charge works as well.

Also in Glencairn's setup, if you use an essence worm, be sure to pick up a clear mind gem.

Glencairn, what are your thoughts on Heartbreaker DW for the low end and Divinarius dual wield for the high end?

I have also been using a Doedre's Scorn for the curse setup, with arcane surge and increased aoe and increased duration for (without level 20 gems) an assassins mark that lasts almost 20 seconds and an arcane surge that lasts about 7. The crit from assassin's mark i find goes a lot further when the slow is already covered by GC.
How about Taryn's? Is it worth it in GC build?
Just hit 60 in HC (A8) with GC (4L) and I'm thinking it's probably a good idea to do at least normal labs, since I just filled out the big old life wheel, it's time to add some DPS nodes.

Any last thoughts on going Heiro vs Inquis for HC? If Heiro ends up winning, what would you skill up first?

Currently at about 2.8k HP, and 500 mana after Hatred / Clarity with self found gear. Things are going pretty well.
Last edited by antelopesalad on Aug 10, 2017, 2:41:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info