[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

Hi, I am enjoying flameblast so much!

Backstory
I just wanted to say that I was inspired by this and another guide with flameblast.
Here it is. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1840788
I wanted to try flameblast in the 2-week Turmoil event, so I checked some old guides and just started leveling. The feeling when making the flameblast on your own (no totems) felt awesome.
Suddenly, I am lvl 81 and enjoying solving the atlas.
I made my own adjustment of the build on the way and then read some posts about that my build wasn't viable anymore and was directed to the pizza stick build and eventually found this post.

Current build
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Krist90/characters - character called Vodoomann
Using a Tabula Rasa with the following gems: Flameblast+Faster Casting+Controlled Destruction+Chance to ignite+Controlled Destruction+Fire Pen+Increased AoE.
Doing fine in the current tier 4 and 5 (Atlas)

I want to know if any of you have any advice for me on how to make it better?

with the changes to ignite, is the choice of elementalist completely dead?
Well the power charge changes are another buff. If they stick. The Arcange Surge change is also really great, since we can do a 4L curse and trigger it in ~0.4 seconds by casting the curse twice. It'll then last ~6.5 seconds. Pretty easy to refresh.

Final patch notes pending, this build is in a very good spot for 3.0. Current per-totem damage stats vs Shaper:

Or, if you're brave enough to swap out Faster Casting for Elemental Focus:

Full guide will be up by the end of tomorrow.

"
Johhnny wrote:
I was still investigating the build itself and there is one more question from me - the usage of The Three Dragons is significantly increasing the damaga output, at least on paper. Will you consider also this item ?

Hmm. That's really interesting now that we don't care about ignite damage - I hadn't considered that. Since you've posted this we've heard about the changes to shock, and I don't think 3D is very good given the numbers on beta right now. Hell, I think shock as a whole is worthless with these changes. However, if shock gets buffed then it's definitely worth considering. Thanks!

"
Dustin158 wrote:
I do thank you for writing this guide and I do plan to use it again come 3.0 but RiP to my post and question getting ignored. I found and started this build on the two week race and having trouble going higher tier maps. Currently able to clear up to tier 8 when things start getting pretty hard. If you have the time I would greatly appreciate you looking at my last post from a few days ago. I did make some changes with my gear and spent most of the currency I had but still have a little over one ex to spend to further improve and get to higher tier maps. Still just under a week left in the race and will be farming my butt off. I would like to get to the higher tier maps as possible.

Sorry for the delay! Your build seems to have progressed since posting this. To me it looks like you're about at the limit of what the life version can accomplish in 2.6. I'm guessing you aren't so keen on a switch to CI in such a short race?

"
CrunCherTime wrote:
with the changes to ignite, is the choice of elementalist completely dead?

Check the discussion on page 181!
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Hey there Mr. Viperesque, amazing build guide and walkthrough! I've played Pizza Sticks quite a few times before, and this guide really helped me to sharpen my tree/gear in 2.6. This will most likely be my starter in 3.0. Just waiting for the patch notes to drop sans any surprise nerfs or anything.

One question I have for you, is could you please clarify the "Maybe better version?" tree? I plugged both the 1st and "Maybe better" ones into Path of Building. The first one seems to have far more damage, albeit with a little less life, whereas the second one doesn't seem to be that much better, unless I'm missing something. The only thing I notice about the 2nd is more totem QoL with Totemic Mastery / Scion Life wheel, but less crit around the Witch/Shadow sides. I'd love some clarification as to why it may be better overall. Thank you very much for your time!
Last edited by Corsica96 on Jul 30, 2017, 2:58:20 AM
"
Corsica96 wrote:
One question I have for you, is could you please clarify the "Maybe better version?" tree? I plugged both the 1st and "Maybe better" ones into Path of Building. The first one seems to have far more damage, albeit with a little less life, whereas the second one doesn't seem to be that much better, unless I'm missing something. The only thing I notice about the 2nd is more totem QoL with Totemic Mastery / Scion Life wheel, but less crit around the Witch/Shadow sides. I'd love some clarification as to why it may be better overall. Thank you very much for your time!

The "maybe better version" has more life, more mana (though I don't think it's worth running Essence Worm vs just turning off Anger when needed), much stronger totems due to life/duration/stun immunity. The damage lost is a fair chunk, but we still hit very close to 100% crit chance for consistent pack clear and I don't think the single target suffers much unless you're doing Shaper. I'm offering both builds in the full version.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Thanks for the lightning fast reply! Would the 2nd/tankier totem version be able to do Guardians / Shaper at all, or is the first version pretty much mandatory for that? I ask because I'm going HC, but would still love to be able to shoot for endgame if possible. Your personal take on this is appreciated much!
Last edited by Corsica96 on Jul 30, 2017, 4:22:38 AM
"
Corsica96 wrote:
Thanks for the lightning fast reply! Would the 2nd/tankier totem version be able to do Guardians / Shaper at all, or is the first version pretty much mandatory for that? I ask because I'm going HC, but would still love to be able to shoot for endgame if possible. Your personal take on this is appreciated much!

I would prefer the second for Shaper. Just make sure that you go for Pious Path instead of Instruments/Augury if you're doing Shaper.
Thanks again. I assume this because the consecrated ground bonuses are pretty good against Shaper? Also what is most recommended bandit wise 3.0? Alira or 2 skill points?
Last edited by Corsica96 on Jul 30, 2017, 3:32:30 PM
Hi,

thanks for all the work you put in here!

Is it possible you left out Arcane Surge support from your assumption till now? Shouldn't it be linked into the Orb of Storms setup somewhere?

Will the mod "cast speed with fire skills" affect FB totem? I can only find 4% cast speed on jewels, but if you add the two mods together you can easily grab 7% per jewel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info