[2.6] "Mist Eater" MoM Flameblast In-Depth Guide

============================================================
+++++++++++++++++++++INTRODUCTION++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi, guys. I'll present myself as Razielim, since it is the nickname I use in any game I play; My IGN is Razielim_BR. Feel free to ask any questions regarding this build and I'll be glad to answer.

This is an In-depth build guide based on using Mind Over Matter buffs added (a big chunk of Mana behind the Keystone) in the Passive Tree along with the Hierophant class to bring the Mind Over Matter effect to 40% of damage taken as Mana before Life.

*English is not my native language, so I beg your pardon if some typos/grammatical errors occurs. Thanks!

The Idea:
Spoiler

The idea here is pretty simple: Combine Hierophant's Divine Guidance node with the Mind Over Matter keystone to make you tanky with little to no investment.
This ascendancy class also benefits really well from the Hierophant's Illuminated Devotion node, which makes us to have an easy 5 Link on Helmet, Boots and Gloves, and since it has has free Elemental Resistance penetration from skills in the helmet, We will put our main damage skill there, which will also benefits very well from unique helmets such as Geofri's Crest or The Vertex. However, while highly recommended for endgame content, these helmets and some other Uniques are not required in any manner for the build to function because they will only ADD more offensive or defensive power.

I think that all of these choices listed above are perfect to create a decent league-starter build that can go endgame, and even more if you're planning to go Solo Self-Found mode which is now officialy introduced with the 2.6 Legacy League.

Why Flameblast?
Spoiler

I've chosen Flameblast spell due to it being able to efficiently scale with the skill tree, which has a lot of cast speed and Elemental/Fire damage. Along with the very high mana pool, mana regen, reduced mana cost and tankiness from the Hierophant ascendancy class, the spell can be very powerful, easy and satisfying to play with.

All of these together makes the perfect choice for the spell in my guess.

However, if you want to use this ideia with another spell, check out the F.A.Q. section located at the bottom of this guide.

Going for an Elementalist Witch version:
Spoiler
I've also thought about going for an Elementalist Witch using the same ideia to get that juicy prolif + Reflect damage reduction, but I think that mana costs/regen would be a problem without some investment (Elreon's jewelry or reduced mana cost from the tree, for example.) and it would not fit the ideia of getting a league-starter build that can go completely SSF, because it will require an 5L+ to add Fire Penetration.

Going for Elementalist Witch will provide more QoL and better AoE clears, but can get a bit more expensive for using GG Elreon's Jewelry, 5L+ Cloak of Flame/Carcass Jack, etc., however it's pretty much viable if you want to try and probably will scale even better in the very late game.

- I'll add some comparisons on Hierophant x Elementalist in the future once I have the data for it;

- It is worth to notice that, in any situation, this build is extremely cheaper compared to the Witch version, which still makes the Hierophant's version a better choice to fit the main idea on build a decent SSF league-starter character;

- However, if you're interested on trying out the Witch's version, here it goes my planned trees/gems:
Spoiler

------
Trees:
- Leveling (~Lvl 68): www.poeurl.com/7R4
- Endgame (~Lvl 82): www.poeurl.com/7Sa
- Finished (~Lvl 90): www.poeurl.com/7Sc

- Estimated Aura calculation: https://poe.mikelat.com/#aT_Mc/EUe.Zd

Ascendancy: Shaper of Desolation -> Beacon of Ruin -> Paragon of Calamity -> Pendulum of Destruction

Bandits: Oak--Alira--Point
===========================================
GEM SETUP:
[BODY ARMOUR]
- Damage: Flameblast--Faster Casting--Chance to Ignite--IncAoe/ConcEffect--Fire Pen--CDestruction

[HELMET]
- Aura/Curses: HoT--CoH--Enfeeble--Warlord's Mark

[BOOTS/GLOVES]
- Defensive: CWDT--IC--TempShield--Enfeeble
- EO Proc: OoS--IncCrit--CoH--Warlord's Mark

[WEAPON/SHIELD/OFF SLOTS]
- Aura: Clarity
- Taunt Tool: Decoy T--MinTot EleRes
- Movement: FDash--FCasting
- QoL: Portal
============================================
*I might create a guide for the Witch's version of this build once I roll it, but this will take some time, if it ever happen. Writting this Templar's guide got me tired, hehe.

Video Footage
Spoiler

- Uber Lab full key run: https://youtu.be/w9VPnGWE12k
****This video was recorded by another user that is running an Eldritch Battery variation of this build. Uniques used were: Cloak of Flame, Rise of the Phoenix, Doedre's Damming, Dream Fragments, Doryani's Catalyst, Rathpith Globe, Rumi's Concoction and The Vertex.
As soon as I get my own video footage I'll add here, but I hope that this one here helps you to get a better approach to the build and what to expect from it.
Credits: LaBBe_ (https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/LaBBe_)

General Considerations
Spoiler

PROS
Spoiler

-> Very point efficient tree, which translates into a very smooth leveling process;
-> Pretty tanky with a total of 40% MoM effect. Combined with a large Life pool you get a very decent EHP;
-> Free added ES on top of your Life because tankiness. Also, with this amount of free ES added, you can consider to use Eldritch Battery keystone and add more auras to your setup (ex: Anger/Wrath/Herald of Thunder);
-> Can prevent one shots with the high amount of combined Life+ES+Mana (screw CI meta);
-> Very flexible, easy and cheap to gear;
-> No need to 5L/6L body armour;
-> Build is non-crit as well, which is even easier/cheaper to get gear early on;
-> Only 1 unique is required for endgame and it is extremely cheap;
-> Can add more defensive/offensive power with some optional uniques once the currency is available;
-> With this build you can do the Uber Lab without too much of a problem, and even tank some big hits that will otherwise kill most non MoM builds;
-> The damage is more than enough to kill most things with only 1 cast and the ignites burn bosses really well;
-> You can easily achieve 10 casts p/ second on Flameblast with mediocre gear;
-> Using a Cloak of Flame will mitigate even more the Physical damage you take;
-> Can easily have Life/Mana leech and Endurance charges via Warlord's Mark curse;
-> Notable viablities: Atziri, Uber Lab and up to T14 maps (based on users feedback).

CONS

Spoiler

-> Most of the damage nodes (most, not all of them) are taken only post lvl 68. This is due that I designed the build to be tanky enough to solo carry you through most content until reaching maps/Uber lab. However, you can exchange some Life nodes for damage nodes early on if you prefer;
-> Not a Meta build (maybe this is not a bad thing, who knows);
-> Cannot faceroll the Uber lab and other endgame content. You actually need to have knowledge about on what you're facing and proper positioning (maybe not a bad thing either, hm);
-> I really don't know if the build is Hardcore viable. In theory it should be, but I don't have actual data to recommend trying this in Hardcore. You can give it a try, however. :)
-> When you take a big chunk of damage, you need to stayback and wait regen as if you were CI based with no leech (at least on single target or curse immune enemies);
-> Ignite immune enemies will take longer to kill;
- Cannot run Elemental Reflect maps (for a pretty obvious reason), but reflect rares shouldn't be a problem;
-> Curse immune maps/enemies will hit you harder and/or prevent you from leeching (without boots lab enchant or Doryani's Catalyst);
-> 60%+ reduced life regen maps are dangerous without some form of life leech (Warlord's Mark is highly recommended if running maps with this mod);
-> No Regen maps will also be dangerous since relying only on leech is kinda clunky for this build;

ETC
Spoiler

Notice that some fields are empty due to the obvious reason that I don't have the data to put there. But, this is a template for writting builds myself and I'll update it as long as I go further in the league with this build.

Change Log
Spoiler

30/05/2017
- Added the Singularity unique mace inside the GEAR's optional section;

30/03/2017
- Moved the "Going for Elementalist Witch" insided FAQ section to the Introduction section. I made this when I realized that my build was also featured inside the Witch's builds list, so it's better for people to find the details about going for an Elementalist version of this build. Ty, Kwitch. :)
- Removed the "Tests made in Standard League" section. It's now outdated info, since it was only used to give a better approach to the build before Legacy started.

27/03/2017
- Updated the Conclusion section.

12/03/2017
- Updated the Build's Cost section.

11/03/2017
- Removed some acronyms inside the Gems Setup section. This is to make the names more clear for our beginners. <3;
- Moved the Change Log section to the Introduction section. This will make people that are following the build to have an easier access to see what is changing inside the guide;
- Updated the FLASKS section on adding choices for Mana Flasks as well;
- Added some guidance/details inside the Map Mods section;
- Updated the PROS section. Added a suggestion on taking Eldritch Battery keystone.
- Added a detailed explanation about using the Eldritch Battery keystone. This is listed inside the F.A.Q. section;
- Added Geofri's Sanctuary to the Unique's optional section, as well some details about it.
- Added a Video Footage section;
- Added Rise of the Phoenix in the optional Uniques section.
- Sumarized a little more the GEAR section for better readability;

09/03/2017
- Added a whole lot of details in the Gear sections. Provided detailed information about the unique's choices and hightlighted what other stats to get on the rare gear;
- Added a FLASKS section inside the Gear section;
- Added more guidance into the Leveling tips sections;
- Added some more info for anyone interested in trying out a Witch's Elementalist version of the build. This is listed inside the F.A.Q. section;
- Improved the Gem Setup and Lab Enchantments sections readability;
- Polished the INTRODUCTION section;
- Moved the Achievements and Map Mods sections to the NOTES section;
- Removed old information in the CONCLUSION section. I am now running the build to the fullest, so I will add the actual conclusion about this build as I go further with it.

08/03/2017
- Revamped the build's format to be easier to find specific things;
- Created a General Considerations section right below Introduction with PROS and CONS inside it. Also sumarized other notes inside this section.

04/03/2017
- Improved the GEM SETUP section on adding small notes about gem choices;
- Updated the [CONCLUSION] section.
- Updated and improved the Leveling Tips section.
- Updated the Introduction section.

03/03/2017
- Respecced a Templar to get an estimated functionality of this build and the results are added in the [NOTES] section. For the experiment i've used mediocre gear that was already in the character from the Breach league and also a Cloak of Flame (which is not needed to be 5L);
- Benchmarked the build in Standard Uber lab to check it's solo capability on completing one of the endgame milestones;
- Improved the F.A.Q. section;
- Added Rumi's Concoction to the [Recommended] uniques section;
- Added PROS and CONS sections inside the [NOTE] section.
- Added one more option for the Defensive setup curse: Warlord's Mark;
- Added a Leveling section (will be updating it while I level this build myself);

++++++++++++++++++++++THE BUILD+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Trees:

- Leveling (89 points~Level 68): www.poeurl.com/6zE
- Endgame (102 points~Level 81): www.poeurl.com/6BN
- Finished (112 points~Level 91): www.poeurl.com/6BQ

- Ascendancy: Illuminated Devotion -> Divine Guidance -> Sanctuary of Thought -> Pursuit of Faith

- Bandits: Oak/Alira/Point

Estimated Aura calculation:
- Based on around 2500 maximum Mana https://poe.mikelat.com/#fCtCe/EUe.cZb

GEM SETUP:
Spoiler

[HELMET]
- Damage: Flameblast--Faster Casting--Chance to Ignite or Elemental Focus--IncAoe or Conc Effect
**** Elemental Focus is only used against ignite immune enemies/maps
**** Conc effect is used to improve damage against harder boss fights

[BOOTS]
- Elemental Overload Proc + Offensive Curse: Orb of Storms--Increased Critical Strikes-Curse on Hit--Flammability

[GLOVES]
- Defensive Setup: Cast When Damage Taken(10)--Immortal Call(12)--Enfeeble(12)--Temporal Chains(12) or Warlord's Mark(12)
**** Warlord's Mark should mostly be used on Less/No Regen maps. However, it can be quite annoying to recolour your gear to often swap between WM and Temp Chains if you want to run these mods, so I would recommend to stay only with WM or avoid doing maps with less/no regen mods.

[BODY ARMOUR/WEAPON/SHIELD]
- Auras: Arctic Armour--Clarity

- Distraction Tool: Cast When Damage Taken(10)--Flame Golem(12) or Stone Golem(12)--Summon Skeletons(12)--Blind or Culling Strike
**** Culling Strike is useful against high life bosses to cut off some time on the fight.
**** Your Golem of choice should be taken accordinly to your preference: Flame Golem is a offensive boost and Stone Golem is a defensive boost.

- TAUNT TOOL: Decoy Totem--Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance

- MOVEMENT: Flame Dash--Faster Casting

- Quality o Life: Portal

**** The numbers after the gem's name is the level that you should keep the gem at. This is important to maintain them within the Cast When Damage Taken threshold.

**** You might be also wondering "I see 3 curses in you setups, wtf??". The answer for this is: The Flammability curse is only used to kill tough Rare monsters or Bosses. The Orb of Storms will keep the curse active, and if you take enough damage to proc the CWDT curses setup, due to the OoS rapid hitting nature, it wil re-apply the Flammability right after, leaving one defensive curse still active on the target (Enfeeble/Temp Chains or Warlord's Mark). With this, at anytime, you will have both defensive curses active on a target or 1 defensive and 1 offensive curse.

GEAR:
Spoiler

[STATS]
Spoiler

In order of importance, you should look for the following stats on your rare gear:

- Life: Aim for 70+ on all non-unique pieces;
- Elemental Resists: Merciless capped -- 135% each // Elemental Weakness capped -- 175% each)
- Missing attributes: Well... whatever is missing to use your gems (prob Dex);
- Cast Speed: The goal is to reach at least a total of 100% Cast Speed modifier in the Offence tab;
- Elemental/Fire damage: It will scale both the Flameblast's initial hit and the Ignite afterwards. Spell Damage will only scale the initial hit.
- Movement Speed: Aim for a total of 20%+. This mod will make boots kinda expensive early in the league, so it's not mandatory at all;
- Mana/Mana Regen: Helps a lot for your survivability (we are using Mind Over Matter), but the amount of mana from the tree/ascendancy class is enough for most content;
- Chaos resistance: It might be only needed for the very high endgame content. If you need it against some encounters it's worth to notice that you don't need to cap at 75% (it will be expensive and painful to get), you only need to get out of the negative Chaos Res zone in Merciless (which is pretty much affordable).

[UNIQUES]:
Spoiler

MANDATORY
Spoiler

- RING:

----------->-Doedre's Damming: The build runs 2 curses, so this is needed to make it possible or else you will need to spend 5 more points in the tree to get Whispers of Doom node and make you able to inflict one more curse. However, this is not mandatory for lower tier content (leveling and maps below tier 5). Also, beyond the ability to add one more curse to enemies, this ring also has some small bonuses to mana, which is not totally wasted here while it is on most other builds;

RECOMMENDED
Spoiler

- HELMET: You have two choices here, mostly based on your budget;

----------->- Geofri's Crest: Cheap and easy to get early in the league (will cost something between 1 alch to 1c max). It will add nice resistances stats (even chaos) and the juicy +1 to socketed gems mod to boost your damage (our main Spell goes in the Helmet, remember?);

----------->- The Vertex: Expensive early in the league due to this being only obtainable from the Uber Atziri. But the stats are goddamn awesome for a MoM build: +1 to socketed gems, 50% Reduced mana cost (bringing our spell to 0 mana cost combined with the Sanctuary of Thought ascendancy node -- Which will also sinergizes very nicely if you plan to use Eldritch Battery keystone), pretty nice ES/EV, Chaos resistance and the Enemies Cannot Leech Mana from You. Too good to be true, so keep it in the low profile, guys. :)

- BODY ARMOUR: Again, two choices, but these are based on your preferences between damage/AoE coverage or defensive boost. Both of these doesn't need to be bought linked (which drops the price by a lot);

----------->- Carcass Jack: Everything you need to get more area of effect/area damage boost (which also scales your ignites) and also decent defensive stats (some life, resists + Evasion/ES);

----------->- Cloak of Flame: Alright, this body armour is so damn good against high physical damage spike scenarios. It provides no Life mod and only Fire resistance mod, however this can make you have 20% of Phys damage taken as Fire!. This is huge, and even more if you intend to do Uber lab farming, because you can avoid one shots from those Izaro's slams/big lacerates. The Chance to Ignite and Ignite duration are some great offensive bonuses too (but they're wasted if not using a Fire Spell though);

- FLASK:

----------->Rumi's Concotion: This flask is so damn useful in every situation that I can't think into another one to recommend. It has good addition to armor (it's a Granite flask base) and the most important: block and spell block. This will save your life against most of the rapid succession of hits that come from multiple monsters at the same time, and you be even more safer if you combine this flask while using two of other optional uniques mentioned bellow: Rathpith Globe and Stone of Lazhwar, which means that all of the attack block you get will also be applied to spells. Fucking huge! Too good to not take it, and these flasks aren't expensive anymore since the nerfs, but they will always be good unless they put the block chance to 5% or less;

OPTIONAL
Spoiler

- RING:

----------->-Dream Fragments: I like this ring. It's now even better with the patch 2.6, which added more cold res in the affixes and also the Cannot be Chilled mod. However, this is just a BiS if you don't like to spam flasks (like me) to remove freeze/chill, and because the ring doesn't provide life or any other resists beside Cold resistance, you should consider if it's worth getting it based on the rest of your gear. It also provides a juicy bonus to Maximum Mana and Incresed Mana Regen, which translates into more survivability for MoM users like us. Also, with this ring you'll want to run Chilled Ground maps and farm Tul's Domain with ease. :)

- AMULET:

----------->-Stone of Lazhwar: Simple but very useful stats: Cast Speed, Mana and Block chance applied to Spells. This is highly recommended to use along with Rathpith Globe and Rumi's Concoction. It has no Life or resistances mods at all, so you can skip this if you're in trouble capping resists.

- WEAPON:

----------->-Doryani's Catalyst: Best is slot for weapon. Aim for a high cast speed and Elemental Damage roll, the rest doesn't matter. This weapon also provides leech from Elemental damage, adding a little bit more defensive power.

----------->-Singularity: This weapon can be used as your endgame entry until you get a Doryani's Catalyst. It has pretty nice stats for MoM users like us, so it's a solid choice even if you're lacking currency to buy a better rare mace/wand.

- BOOTS:

----------->-Rainbowstride: These boots are the perfect choice until you get some decent rare boots with life+resists+movement speed roll. However, it's a litte buffed now in the patch 2.6 (25% movement speed), so you will might want to keep it even for higher tier content. It also provides some nice Mana and Block chance applied to Spells (sinergizes well with Rathpith Globe+Stone of Lazhwar combo)

- SHIELD: Alright, three choices here;

----------->-- Rathpith Globe: As stated in the above notes, I would choose this 99% of the time for most content. It provides a very nice % increased maximum Life mod, some Lightning resistance, a decent spell damage mod and the Block Chance applied to Spells, which you should aim to get at least 50% on this roll. This shield is not expensive and it's pretty decent for the endgame content (i've used one to raise a lvl 90 Flameblast Witch in the Breach league). This will add a big layer of defence to your character when combine with Stone of Lazhwar and Rumi's Concoction, which I highly recommend you to do so when reaching T10+ maps;

----------->-Esh's Visage: This shield is kinda hard to get now because it's a Breach league exclusive which needs to be upgraded from the Esh's Mirror unique shield, and you won't be able to reliably get splinters (even with Leagacy League mechanics) to visit Esh's domain so often to get Esh's Mirror + Blessing of Esh to upgrade it, so this item will become expensive in the current league, however look at its stats: Life, ES, Chaos and Lightning Res, and the two most OP mods: Chaos Damage do not bypass ES if not on Low Life or Low Mana and Shock Reflection. Aww yeea! This is very good with our build, all of these mods. Since we are not a low life build and don't get low on mana often too, the chaos damage not bypassing our ES is actually pretty useful since we have a decent amount of ES on top of our life, the mod seems perfect for this build. The Shock Reflection is also very nice, since you can safely face Vinktar's Square and some other encounters with high chance to be shocked.

----------->-Rise of the Phoenix: This shield has a very solid place in this build when you combine it with the Cloak of Flame unique body armour. The shield provides +8% to MAX Fire Resistance, bring you to 83% Fire damage reduction, which will have a great sinergy with the Cloak of Flame's unique mod 20% of Physical damage is taken as Fire. Fucking huge defensive boost against Physical damage (and also fire, obviously). So you can consider using one of these along with the Cloak of Flame. I would actually recommend to use this when coupled with Cloak of Flame if you plan to farm the Uber Lab and bring you extra safety.

BODY ARMOUR:

----------->-Geofri's Sanctuary: Alright, this one is added here if you plan to use the Eldritch Battery keystone and reserve more of your mana to add more auras.
This item has some nice bonuses to Life, ES, Resists, Armor and gives you the Zealoth's Oath effect, which is why this is an option to combine with the Eldritch Battery keystone.
However, if you decide to use this AND Eldritch Batterry, I suggest that you ONLY do so if you have a Doryani's Catalyst and/or the Life&Mana leech Lab enchantment for boots, or use the Warlord's Mark curse 100% of the time. The reason for this is simple: You will loose your Life regen and regen will be applied to ES instead, so you will need some form of Life leech to sustain yourself in battle (beside flasks, of course). The ES gained per 5 STR is also great since the buffs it gained in patch 2.6 (now it's 2 ES per 5 STR), so your ES pool will be very high for the keystone to be even more valuable with this build.
Just another reminder: If you are using The Vertex unique helmet and decided to grab Eldritch Battery, you don't need to use Geofri's Sanctuary. This is because that with The Vertex, your spell socketed in will have 0 mana cost, which will not prevent your ES to recharge when casting, thus the ES regen obtained through Zealoth's Oath is not needed at all.
Also, this body armour has a cool 3D art by itself, which makes you character look good if you don't have cool MTXs (like me). :)

Keep in mind that most of these uniques wont cost more than 1c each (with some exceptions that I've already listed), so I highly suggest getting at least the ones from the [RECOMMENDED] section.

Well, I hope that all of these details helps and guides you to choose your items and face higher endgame content accordingly to your budget and plans with the build.

I will try to maintain this section the most up to date and accurate as possible.

[FLASKS]:

Spoiler

Right, this is a topic where some people may have some questions, so I will try to put some clarification here to guide you on flask choices:

-> LIFE FLASKS: As a Life based build, you will be wanting 2 Life flasks as your source of healing when a heated situation occurs. Recommended affixes on life flasks are the following:
----> Seething or Bubbling *life flask* of Staunching: This is a flask that can instantly heal you up on drinking it and also remove the very dangerous Bleed effect that you will be inflicted from some monsters/bosses;

----> Catalysed *life flask* of Staunching/of Heat: The same Bleed removal effect mentioned above, but this one is not instant, however it has 50% increased recovery speed, which is pretty useful when you are tanking hits but do not need/want to spam instant Life flasks, which also maintains the Bleed immunity for a longer time than a Bubbling preffix for example. You can also roll one with Freeze/Chill immunity if not using a Dream Fragments ring.

**Recommended base type flasks are: Hallowed/Divine/Eternal Life Flasks. Reason is that they fill up faster, holds 3 uses before running out of charges and scales nicely with quality.

-> MANA FLASKS: Right, if you want to use a Mana Flask (which is useful since we are Mind Over Matter users), I would only suggest to do it if you plan to run No Regen maps as well. This is because that when using a Mana Flask without this condition you'll lose one of your defensive flasks, so it's a risky move. Another option is to use a Hybrid Flask, which should not hurt your defences too much by taking place of another defensive flask. Recommended affixes for Mana Flasks are:
----> Saturated *mana flask* of Warding/of Staunching/of Heat/of Curing: This is a flask that will remove either Curses, Bleed, Freeze/Chill or Poison, accordingly to the suffix. The Satured mod makes the flask recover with less speed, however will last longer and be more useful in situations where you need to keep the mentioned immunities for a longer time.

**Recommended base type flasks are: Sanctified/Eternal Mana Flask. They provide the most Mana recovery and also a longer time to recover, which when combined with the Satured preffix mod, can last up to 20s of recovery time.

-> UTILITY FLASKS:: Well, this is personal preference, but I will list the standard setup that I use:
----> Rumi's Concoction: Explained above why this one. If Rumi's is not available, a Granite Flask with Curse/Poison/Shock removal will do the job for a while;

----> Basalt Flask of Heat/of Warding/of Iron Skin: This flask has a great sinergy with the Rumi's Concoction or any other Granite Flask. It also provides very decent physical damage reduction regardless of your level (Stackin Armor suffers from diminishing returns the higher level you are), so it's the best choice if you're planning to go further in maps.
Recommended preffixes for this flask are: Experimenter's or Chemist's;

----> Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline: This flask is what I use for my 5th flask. I would call it mandatory if you don't have a good movement speed boots, since we're not using a reliable movement skill (aka Whirling Blades/Shield Charge), you will be very slow in clearing areas without some form of movement speed boost, which this flask provides.
Recommended preffixes for this flask are: Experimenter's, Chemist's or Ample.

Remember that these options listed above are only GUIDANCE for anyone that is not sure on what flasks to use.

If you have another preference on what flasks you use, feel totally free to apply to this build.

[LAB ENCHANTMENTS]:
Spoiler

Listed in order of importance, you should try to get the following Enchantments based on the slot used:

- HELMET: Flameblast (Increased damage or Radius)

- BOOTS: Atk & Cast Speed/Life & Mana leech/Dodge or Spell Dodge/Life & Mana Regen/Added Damage/Inc Crit/whatever you feel necessary...

- GLOVES: of Reflection/of Spite

*PS: Buying gear with the desired enchantments will make items expensive or they might not even exist early in the league, so take heed about this: It is more valuable to grind the Enchantments if you have the time/patience to do so.

[BUILD'S COST (as for Patch 2.6 - In Progress)]:
Spoiler

[INITIAL @ lvl 58]
Uniques = 3c
Remaining Gear = 1c/1c/5c/6c/2c/2c/1c (Total: 18c avg)
Total Avg: 22c
*Prices listed on Remaining Gear are for shield, gloves, boots, belt, amulet, body armour and weapon. All of them were rare.

[UPGRADED @ lvl xx]
Uniques =
Remaining Gear =

+++++++++++++++++++++++++NOTES+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[LEVELING TIPS]
Spoiler

Spells order:
Spoiler

1-12: Freezing Pulse--Added Lightning // Decoy Totem for utility and Flame Dash for movement // Grab Clarity too and mana problems would disappear from now on;

12-18: Firestorm or Storm Call--AddedLightning--Controlled Destruction--Faster Casting // Grab Arctic Armour;

18-28+: Flameblast is unlocked after completing Sever the Right Hand quest, but I only recommend using it when you get access to both Chance to Ignite and IncAoe gems, mainly because that without these gems the spell will feel weak to play -- Selfcasting Flameblast doesn't feel good without decent Cast Speed and AoE modifiers;

31+: Chance to Ignite support gem is unlocked after completing the Library quest given by Siosa;

38+: Increased AoE gem is unlocked after completing the Dialla's quest on killing Daresso and Kaom in act 4. You can now also use the complete Defensive setup (CWDT gem also unlocks with the quest mentioned), so everything else should be going smoother from here on now -- You should do the Normal Lab by this time too;

52+: You can equip the Geofri's Crest unique helmet if available. This will carry you all the way to maps. Also, by this time you can complete the Cruel Lab if you're confortable with the build.

68: This is where you should be finishing the Story line in Merciless difficulty. Prepare to buy/craft your entry endgame gear. Complete the Merciless lab if you're confident or propperly geared. Don't forget to complete the An Indomitable Spirit quest given by Tasuni in Act 4, it provides you the last Passive Skill Point available through quests.

From now on it's just a matter to complete the Atlas or your Challenges (if you're playing a challenge league), upgrade your gear when you get the currency and grab the remaining damage nodes with every level gained.

Passive skill tree order:

Spoiler

- Grab the Templar start 'til Elementalist and Light of Divinity nodes, then rush to Elemental Overload;
- Grab the +30 Dex notable for easy use of Arctic Armour;
- Grab the Mental Rapidity node;
- Make your way to the Shadow area, grabbing all the Life/Mana, AoE and Cast Speed nodes near the Witch's starting area. You can skip the Melding and Written in Blood nodes if you want to rush to Shadow's damage nodes first -- But do not forget to get these mentioned nodes later on;
- Grab Mind Over Matter + the Mana nodes behind it as soon as you complete the Cruel lab;
- Starting Merciless you will be mostly grabbing the remaining life/ES nodes and get the Leveling tree complete at level 68;
- After lvl 68 you will be only grabbing damage nodes to carry you through Merciless lab and maps. I would grab the Templar's elemental nodes first, then the Fire damage nodes above the Witch section and finally the remaining Elemental damage nodes from the Shadow start. After that it's just refining whatever you feel necessary and accessible for you.

[ACHIEVEMENTS]:
Spoiler

- Uber Lab (Full Key Run) done -- Check the Video Footage section for more details;
- Normal Atziri done -- Based on user feedback. Haven't done myself with this build yet;
- Completed up to Tier 14 maps -- Based on user feedback. However, I've completed up to tier 11 maps myself.

[MAP MODS]:
Spoiler

- Blood Magic: Turn off your Auras. You will loose some defensive bonuses and mana regen, but you already have a nice passive defensive mechanism (MoM+High mana regen/Mana Pool), so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. But be warned that, if this mod is present along with Hexproof/Less or No Regen/No leech, you cannot run this (luckly, these mods are extremely rare to happen together, and they will only appear in High Tier maps);

- 60%+ Less/No Regen: Swap Temporal Chains for Warlord's Mark, so you can have a reliable form of leech for both Life and Mana. However, as mentioned in the CONS section, this will slow you down and/or may be very dangerous if some other rippy mods are present (Monster Damage, Less Curse effect, Reduced block chance, etc). Using a Doryani's Catalyst and/or Life & Mana leech boot's Lab enchantment is highly recommended if running a map with this mod;

- Hexproof: This will make you loose a lot of defence/offence capabilities, since the curses are one of our big layers for both of these. Be careful when running maps with this mod, and you should avoid/reroll it if other rippy mods are present. Using a Doryani's Catalyst and/or Life & Mana leech boot's Lab enchantment is highly recommended if running a map with this mod;

- Cannot Leech Life/Mana: With this you shouldn't have too much of a problem unless it's accompanied with the 60%+ Less/No Regen. IF the maps has these two mods together, you can't run it and you should reroll it (if not corrupted) or avoid doing it;

- Elemental Status avoidance (90%+)/immunity: You should swap your Chance to Ignite gem for Elemental Focus. I'll loose the Ignites (which will happen anyway due to the map's mod) and get some % More damage multiplier. However, running without Ignites on Flameblast is a pain in the butt because it will hardly slow you down on clear speed and boss killing capabilities. I would avoid/reroll maps with this mod, but they are doable.

- Elemental Reflect: You cannont run this. Period.

**** Everything else not listed here shouldn't be a problem. Elemental Weakness, Vulnerability, Chilled Ground, Desecrated Ground, etc., are hard/dangerous, but shouldn't stop you from doing it, you just need to play more careful accordingly to your level/gear/map tier/etc.

[CONCLUSION]:

Spoiler

- Short conclusion is: Very good league-starter and/or SSF build (aka Cheap as fuck to No Cost at all). Very good endgame potential when some Uniques are added. Atziri, Uber Lab and up to T14 maps viable (based on users feedback).

- This build was mainly designed to be a league-starter/Solo Self-Found capable with the Legacy League starting, but can be pushed further to beat harder endgame content with some equipment tunning;

- After some weeks playing the build and reaching lvl 81, I've decided to retire him. However, I've got some pretty nice feedback on people still running this build which were able to reach lvl 90+ and do most of the Endgame content (Uber Lab, Atziri, up to T14 maps, etc), so the build is pretty solid, fun and enjoyable for many people, as it was for me of course. The main reason for me to stop playing this build by now is: I'm running a Freezing Pulse Inquisitor now, which I'm very excited about it since the new Threshold Jewels added for this spell. The build seems pretty strong so far! I might create a guide for it once I have finished leveling and clearing most of the endgame content.

- I really hope that you enjoy this build and good luck with Legacy League! See ya.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I'm Razielim, son of Raziel.

"Raziel, you're worthy..." - Elder God
Last edited by jplimab on May 31, 2017, 12:46:50 AM
Last bumped on Aug 23, 2017, 7:17:30 AM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++OUTRO+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

F.A.Q.
Spoiler

About going Totems:
Spoiler
You may say "Hierophant is made for totems, lulz", but I hate totems playstyle, so this build was made without any use of totems in mind (except Decoy Totem in boss fights, which is more of an utility tool than anything). Also, while self-casting Flameblast, which requires you to be stationary, you can get the full benefit from Arctic Armour phys/fire damage reduction (I think this applies to reflected damage as well, but I have to check it). :)

Where do I get all the required gems if I go SSF?
Spoiler

Since the patch 2.6 release, the NPC Siosa in the Library will vendor ALL available gems after completing his quest and the other required quests for the minimum level requirement of the specified gem (ex: Multistrike - lvl 38 - Gets after killing Daresso and Kaom in act 4).

You have no need to worry about getting the basic gems due to this awesome feature that GGG has provided to us.

"Can I go *insert spell here*, Raz?":
Spoiler

Yes, you can. The build is very flexible on spell choices, as long it is an Elemental AoE spell. However, you'll have to do some adaptions on the tree/gear to get things going:

- Spec the fire damage nodes (if not using a Fire spell) to the respective element for your spell of choice;

- Change links accordingly to your spell of choice;
*Ex: Storm Call--Spell Echo--Less Duration--Controlled Destruction

- Change your offensive curse accordingly to your spell of choice (if not a Fire spell);
*Ex: Conductivity or Frostbite

- Tree example for a Storm Call setup: www.poeurl.com/6P5

I already stated why I went for Flameblast but you can choose another spell of your liking. :)

"Raz, how about using the Eldritch Battery keystone?"
Spoiler

Well, this idea was taken in consideration when I was thinking about the first stages of this build.
Eldritch Battery would go really well with this build because of the high amount of ES that we get from the Hierophant class, so you don't need to invest anything to get a decent amount of ES for this Keystone to be valuable. It will also make you able to reserve almost 100% of your Mana, thus adding more defensive/offensive or utility choices for auras.

However, some downsides that I saw and made me not include this as a core mechanic of the build are:

- We need 4 more points to grab the Keystone, which will delay even more the damage nodes we take at the endgame stage;
- You won't be able to make complete use of the Mana leech that you would get from using Warlord's Mark or the boot's Lab enchament, so the Less/No Regen and Hexproof maps would be even harder/dangerous to do, or even undoable;
- You'll need to wait ES recharge when you take a big hit (Life leech might not be enough to keep you alive)

Of course, you can handle these downsides with some adjustments and/or playstyle changes, so it's entirely up to you if it's worth to grab Eldritch Battery or not.

Suggested tree if you plan to use Eldritch Battery:

Lvl 90: www.poeurl.com/9Xh

Suggested auras to add if going Eldritch Battery:

For Fire Spells: Anger+Herald of Thunder or Vitality
For Lightning Spells: Wrath+Herald of Thunder
For Cold Spells: Herald of Ice+Vitality

Also, for those wondering "Wtf is Mist Eater?!":
Spoiler

I got the ideia on being a spellcaster that abuses a lot of his high mana pool, and mana is referred as Mist in the Final Fantasy XII series, so "mist eater" is a spellcaster always hungry for mana and brings damnation to whoever dare to touch his mana. haha
Kinda silly I know, but there it is anyway.

I appreciate some constructive criticism about this build that I've created to play in 2.6 Legacy League.

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" - Benjamin Franklin.

PEACE.

Last edited by jplimab on Mar 30, 2017, 10:30:53 PM
Looks gucci my dude
"
Moist4Jesus wrote:
Looks gucci my dude

Thanks, my man.

Hope more people see it and say their thoughts about this build. :)

PEACE.

Last edited by jplimab on Mar 2, 2017, 10:49:24 PM
I am going to give this a go tomorrow as my starter build. I will keep you posted on how it is working for me. I am looking forward to your updates as well. Good luck in the self-found! I am not brave enough to try that because I feel like some of the things would take forever to find, such as some of the gems that the Templar cannot get from act rewards or buy from vendors (Inc Crit/TempChains/Blind).
"
Prozacster wrote:
I am going to give this a go tomorrow as my starter build. I will keep you posted on how it is working for me. I am looking forward to your updates as well. Good luck in the self-found! I am not brave enough to try that because I feel like some of the things would take forever to find, such as some of the gems that the Templar cannot get from act rewards or buy from vendors (Inc Crit/TempChains/Blind).

Hi there. Glad you're going to try it!

About gems: Since the patch 2.6, GGG added a nice feature that ALL gems can be bought from the NPC called Siosa in the Library, so it wouldn't be a problem to get non-templar gems. :)

I actually have an updated to add here:
======
I respec one of my Templar in standard to see how this build would function in the endgame:
- With this build I could do the Uber Lab without too much problem and even tanked some big hits that would have otherwise killed most non MoM builds;
- The damage is more than enough to kill most things with only 1 cast and the ignites burn bosses really nice;
- I could easily achieve 10 casts p/ second with mediocre gear;
- Using Cloak of Flame will mitigate even more the physical damage you take;

So, my conclusion is that the build seems pretty much exciting to play as a league-starter SSF build even for the endgame content.

I will add simple screenshots made about the Uber lab benchmark made on Standard.

=====

Good luck in the new league and I am eager to get any feedback from you!

PEACE.

Last edited by jplimab on Mar 3, 2017, 5:53:45 AM
"
jplimab wrote:

About gems: Since the patch 2.6, GGG added a nice feature that ALL gems can be bought from the NPC called Siosa in the Library, so it wouldn't be a problem to get non-templar gems. :)

Thought this was all gems that Siosa offers, as supposed to all gems in the game.
Any leveling tips? As in, when to start flameblastin, what nodes to take first etc.
you can start as soon as you get the gem from the quest. Start out will fire trap, freeze pulse.. then try firestorm until you get FB around the mid 20's.
Been looking for a nice league starter :) Will defo give this a shot but for some reason the skilltree links are not loading up for me :C

-Just checked, the site itself is down...I hope it comes back soon, really was looking forwards to this build.
Last edited by XxNovusxX on Mar 3, 2017, 2:41:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info