[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
Baugoti wrote:

You are missing a lot of cast speed on your items. Rings / Ammy / Dagger.

Cast speed is important on this build and will speed up clear-speed tremendously. The reason is, Fireblast on a totem will not cast until either it hits 10 stacks, dies, or is recasted.

Having at least 100% cast speed (higher is always better) will allow the totems to hit that 10 stack mark much faster, and at 10 stacks is when it hits the hardest. The faster the totem hits 10.. the faster it hits.. the more it hits.. the faster it clears ect.

As stated before - Cast Speed:

two 7% rings
20+% on a Dagger, or two if you want
Cast speed on ammy (I use eye of chayula for stun immunity, but with totems you can play safe without it)
running two or more 2-5% jewels (Cast speed / attack & cast / cast while holding a shield / Cast while Duel Wielding ---- multiple jewel stats to get cast speed)
Lightning Golem leveled up its 9%
Faster Castking skill gem
Skills

Damn, THANKS for mentioning this,
i already knew i would need more Castspeed but i didn't think it would make such a difference :)
changed some gear yesterday and.... WOW
DPS is slightly lower (i think it was from 2100 tooltip to 1800ish)
BUT trash still is oneshot and the flameblasts are appearing so much faster. you can dash through the mobs, cast totem, dash further and don't have to worry if they all will die.

this are the changed Items
"

so this is only 40% more castspeed than bevore and i still can upgrade to a bit more ( second ring with castspeed, jewels, maybe a second dagger with castspeed and switching to whirling baldes instead of shieldcharge)

other question:
is this build good for uberlab farming? in my opinion it should be because bosses never had been a problem till now
also merciless lab was faceroll at lvl 75

i'm still not sure if i should chage my skilltree to the skilltree mentioned in the build guide here(actually i skilled like ZIZ's build)
because i wanted to switch to vaal spark but i think much currency is needed for gear to get this vaal spark build going...
AND i have to use about 60 respec points to swap to vaal spark
Maybe i save currency for complete ES Gear and switch to the ES version...
Really enjoying this build so far for Legacy hc! I've some questions regarding weapon choice and movement speed ability. So first of all I've been wondering why daggers are so important instead of scepter/wands. Especially when I'm playing hc and will most likely use a shield. I understand that if you are dual wielding you must have daggers for the whirling blades. But I guess Shield Charge is still preferable on this build aswell, hence dagger cant be that important? Therefore you can use a wand or a scepter? Or is the base crit on daggers to good late game? so basicly, Whirling Blades or Shield Charge? and if shield charge, Dagger, scepter or wand?

Great guide aswell!
Build is crit based,that's why daggers
I playing SSF
Because I can not prepare crit dagger, I will try to substitute with wand
Does it work to some extent as crit build even in this case?
Regarding Dagger vs Sceptre, do you guys find Whirling Blades is that superior to Leap Slam? I feel like leap has a lot of value with getting over gaps or elevation differences.

I am still using two sceptres with cast speed. For now, daggers are really expensive even finding one or two decent mods on top of cast speed. The sceptres are gimping my damage, but I am still doing plenty of damage, and I frankly like leap slam much more than whirling blades. I'll grudgingly make the expensive switch in the next week, once some more daggers hit the market and prices go down. Maybe take a swing with one of these many essences sitting around.
Its HC viable?
Hello, a question, how do you deal with monsters that freeze, especially that beyond boss demon that freezes whole screen?

Kiting is one answer, but is there a method to make totems not freeze? Other than increasing their hp.
Spreading salt since 2006
I use Silverflask with "Unfreeze"
How do you generate power charges? Orb with PCoC ?
"
encory wrote:
How do you generate power charges? Orb with PCoC ?

correct
Orb of Storms linked to Powercharge on critical strike
i also linked increased critical strikes because till now i have no better use for that gem slot :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info