[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

Kinda new player here and I'm struggling a little bit with the build. I've got 429 damage on flameblast at lvl 52. Could you check out my character (Fotmblasting) and tell me what I should upgrade ASAP?
"
Remedin wrote:
"
Baugoti wrote:

You are missing a lot of cast speed on your items. Rings / Ammy / Dagger.

Cast speed is important on this build and will speed up clear-speed tremendously. The reason is, Fireblast on a totem will not cast until either it hits 10 stacks, dies, or is recasted.

Having at least 100% cast speed (higher is always better) will allow the totems to hit that 10 stack mark much faster, and at 10 stacks is when it hits the hardest. The faster the totem hits 10.. the faster it hits.. the more it hits.. the faster it clears ect.

As stated before - Cast Speed:

two 7% rings
20+% on a Dagger, or two if you want
Cast speed on ammy (I use eye of chayula for stun immunity, but with totems you can play safe without it)
running two or more 2-5% jewels (Cast speed / attack & cast / cast while holding a shield / Cast while Duel Wielding ---- multiple jewel stats to get cast speed)
Lightning Golem leveled up its 9%
Faster Castking skill gem
Skills

Damn, THANKS for mentioning this,
i already knew i would need more Castspeed but i didn't think it would make such a difference :)
changed some gear yesterday and.... WOW
DPS is slightly lower (i think it was from 2100 tooltip to 1800ish)
BUT trash still is oneshot and the flameblasts are appearing so much faster. you can dash through the mobs, cast totem, dash further and don't have to worry if they all will die.

this are the changed Items
"

so this is only 40% more castspeed than bevore and i still can upgrade to a bit more ( second ring with castspeed, jewels, maybe a second dagger with castspeed and switching to whirling baldes instead of shieldcharge)

other question:
is this build good for uberlab farming? in my opinion it should be because bosses never had been a problem till now
also merciless lab was faceroll at lvl 75

i'm still not sure if i should chage my skilltree to the skilltree mentioned in the build guide here(actually i skilled like ZIZ's build)
because i wanted to switch to vaal spark but i think much currency is needed for gear to get this vaal spark build going...
AND i have to use about 60 respec points to swap to vaal spark
Maybe i save currency for complete ES Gear and switch to the ES version...

Glad that helped.. as for Uber LAB, it can farm it just fine.. you will lose some dmg due to ignite immune, but will still pop just fine and since its totem build, you can stay mobile.

ZIZ's build grants more survivability over this build, but this build will pump out more dmg. Both will work fine for content.

"
ImSlower wrote:
Regarding Dagger vs Sceptre, do you guys find Whirling Blades is that superior to Leap Slam? I feel like leap has a lot of value with getting over gaps or elevation differences.

I am still using two sceptres with cast speed. For now, daggers are really expensive even finding one or two decent mods on top of cast speed. The sceptres are gimping my damage, but I am still doing plenty of damage, and I frankly like leap slam much more than whirling blades. I'll grudgingly make the expensive switch in the next week, once some more daggers hit the market and prices go down. Maybe take a swing with one of these many essences sitting around.

Reason for whirling blades or shield charge is that they attack faster than leap slam and easier to gain fortify with them.

but if you prefer leap slam, then use leap slam.. I use flame dash and shield charge.. shield for most movement.. and flame dash for those gaps.

P.S. reason for not using wands is that they dont allow for either whirling blades or shield charge. Plus daggers do offer a greater amount of crit chance.
Thanks for the write up. I just went CI last night. 12 casts per second and almost 70% paper crit chance with 5 power charges. Havnt even done Cruel or Merc labs yet so got that to look forward too, too.

Pulled off some really nice pieces for cheap like

The ammy was only 1 chaos! Gonna scrub off the health as soon as Eleron can.
Still have to set up CWDT or CWS. Was thinking CWS+Molten Shell+ Frost Wall?

Also I'm thinking the Beast Shawl would be perfect for this build?
Tbh I don't really know how you can survive uber labs and higher with this build. I built ratpith globe + lazh amulet + rumis + tempest shield. On top of that running CWDT+ID+IC setup, arctic armour gem and still getting near oneshoted. 3.5k hp ~500es.

E.g. Yesterday rolled Spider_Lair_Map (t5 map), rolled some average modifier on it with alchemy, got to the boss without a problem, however the boss itself was melting me like a piece of cake. All my exp i got through the map went into nowhere when i got to this boss. Small room and and it was doing like 900hp hits through all the shit I have. All resists are capped, well chaos is -20 i guess.

All above said is with ziz's build (with slight modifcation towards dmg here and there). So going build from this topic will make you even more glass-cannon.

Any help on that? Cant imagine what will happen on like breach + bloodline at like t9 maps. Or how to survive shit in small rooms with exile doing something like firestorm, or locked room in pit map, totems are dying way too fast.
"
prophets wrote:
3.5k hp ~500es.

That's not a lot. Very undergeared to be doing much of anything dangerous.

I would ditch the shield and dual wield. cast speed and crit are very important. I don't know if you're trying SSF or what but you're missing a LOT of crit and cast speed by using a scepter and a Rathpith.

I don't mean to come off abrasive here, just calling it as it is :(. Your gear is kind of inappropriate for the build, at least from a optimal perspective. Tempest Shield isn't gonna save you, ditch it. A lot wrong with what you're doing :(

Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Mar 8, 2017, 11:26:47 AM
"
"
prophets wrote:
3.5k hp ~500es.

I would ditch the shield and dual wield. cast speed and crit are very important. I don't know if you're trying SSF or what but you're missing a LOT of crit and cast speed by using a scepter and a Rathpith.

I don't mean to come off abrasive here, just calling it as it is :(. Your gear is kind of inappropriate for the build, at least from a optimal perspective. Tempest Shield isn't gonna save you, ditch it. A lot wrong with what you're doing :(

Ok, what do you expect to have at lvl 80 at the start of the league in terms of hp? Raizqt who died at lvl 93 had 4.8k hp. So I would say by the time i get to the same lvl as raizqt I would be near the same amount of hp. Just stuff wasnt dropping to me and actually will not drop if I will sit at t2-t6 maps.

But will try to squeeze more dmg if you say it will help.
Last edited by prophets on Mar 8, 2017, 11:42:21 AM
"
prophets wrote:
"
"
prophets wrote:
3.5k hp ~500es.

Ok, what do you expect to have at lvl 80 at the start of the league in terms of hp? Raizqt who died at lvl 93 had 4.8k hp. So I would say by the time i get to the same lvl as raizqt I would be near the same amount of hp. Just stuff wasnt dropping to me and actually will not drop if I will sit at t2-t6 maps.

But will try to squeeze more dmg if you say it will help.

I don't "expect" anything. Again, sorry if I came off in any sort of way, trying to help. I think the build is not very set up well to try for block. Block is all or nothing IMO to really shine. And You don't have enough armor for it to matter ( again a all or nothing thing). So you're going to be squishy.

I fully recommend you concentrate on damage, namely cast speed and crit. Things that are dead can't kill you. I found stun dangerous as life ( leveling) and is more dangerous now as CI. On that note I'm about to sort out a cast when stunned gem set up. I have almost 5k engery shield and it's not enough for higher level stuff. I have to grind more and save for a 6L.

Try and think of ways to improve your EHP ( effective health) and CWS or CWDT are viable options but you need to make your totems nuke stuff. The less they cast the more they have to go pop for stuff do die. The less they crit the less damage they do when they pop.
The build really shines when you're setting off the totems quickly and they crit, and when you have high EHP or go CI.
I personally use a shield.. 2nd dagger does add a lot of dmg.. but so far up to t11 maps.. has not been needed. Also I find shield charge to be better for getting in and out than whirling blades.. but just my preference.

I am CI.. so a shield does add a ton of ES.. 200ES shield with all the % increases adds up quick, and you can get shields that have crit on it as well:

although rare and expensive currently, but they do exist.

That being said.. life based I think rathpit is a trap as it is missing armor. Life lives with mitigation, from resists and armor (or evasion at least).

Hybrid is an option, but you are looking at at least 3k life 3 ES (2k /2k ect.) to be properly hybrid-ed out

Also cloak of flames, while adding nice ignite damage, if you are building crit, I would avoid using it as you lose a lot of survival.

Additionally if you want to use cloak of flames, use a scepter as elemental damage scales with ignite.
Last edited by Baugoti on Mar 8, 2017, 12:08:58 PM
Is pious path going to be better for farming t16 bosses?
"
j0hanSE wrote:
I use Silverflask with "Unfreeze"

What i meant is, flasks dont affect totems and frozen totems deal no dmg, so how to counter it except the ways i already posted?
Spreading salt since 2006

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info