[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

I'm at dried lake merciless and having an incredibly difficult time. I die every time an enemy looks at me sideways, clear speed is poor at best, and its not fun. Please take a look at my build and tell me what I'm doing wrong because everybody has said this build is supposed to be great and its the opposite for me.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/gumballdad/characters

http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAKcVAABRA3UEBwSzBx4I9AmqDkgRlhZvGmwfAiL0JKok2CoTNsU26TwFPV9BlkWdSbFMs06uUlNTUljlWitd8l8EZp5qQ2wLbRl_xoKbg_OFbYuMkyeVLpeVl_SaO5rgnWOdrp_fogCj8qcIrhKus7E2vOrAVMBmwJrQH9D11YHVptfP2CTZ_ONq5CLr7u0873zviO_r8B_w1fk3-d360gKWDFKoudJ8AAAAAAA=
Is there any reason to play daggers over wands?
"
GabeScrumbles wrote:
Is there any reason to play daggers over wands?

Daggers>wands because of the global crit,and with the essence thing you still get inc spell dmg

About crit,since the nerfs on area dmg,would it be worth on templar ignoring the inc area/area dmg on witch tree,and spend 3/4 more points to get inc crit/crit multi next to it?
Last edited by sieg_hart on Mar 6, 2017, 2:13:34 AM
"
gumballdad wrote:
I'm at dried lake merciless and having an incredibly difficult time. I die every time an enemy looks at me sideways, clear speed is poor at best, and its not fun. Please take a look at my build and tell me what I'm doing wrong because everybody has said this build is supposed to be great and its the opposite for me.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/gumballdad/characters
http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAKcVAABRA3UEBwSzBx4I9AmqDkgRlhZvGmwfAiL0JKok2CoTNsU26TwFPV9BlkWdSbFMs06uUlNTUljlWitd8l8EZp5qQ2wLbRl_xoKbg_OFbYuMkyeVLpeVl_SaO5rgnWOdrp_fogCj8qcIrhKus7E2vOrAVMBmwJrQH9D11YHVptfP2CTZ_ONq5CLr7u0873zviO_r8B_w1fk3-d360gKWDFKoudJ8AAAAAAA=

If you play life based, at dread lake you should have somewhat 3k and preffered positive resistances. And go dual wield wands for more cast speed and more total spelldmg to kill things. Your blasts should kill white trash from 1 hit, and rare packs depends on hp.. mostly like 2-5 blasts.

I can put later maybe video as life based who says they are dieing in early maps as life based from few hits..
Thank you very much for this helpful guide!
In your skill-tree links, there are some tiny inconsistencies, perhaps you may wish to look into that at some later point (for instance, in one version, you choose all of the totem nodes on the crit totem wheel, while in another you leave one out...). Nothing of consequence, just thought I'd mention it.

May I ask a question? I'm still just starting out, and had just switched from Flame Totem to Flame Blast/Spell totem around 32 when I got the gem, and I switched back out a few minutes later because of its slowness: You are obviously correct, this is very dependend on cast speed. I'm sure it will feel different later with more cast speed stats and higher leveled FC gem (even though I have a surprising amount of cast speed on my self-found gear for level 37).
My question is this: How do you feel about taking Mental Rapidity (small cast speed cluster above EO) early, and then Nimbleness later (they are right on the way), perhaps at the expense of some crit...?

Thank you

Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
"
onomastikon wrote:
Thank you very much for this helpful guide!
In your skill-tree links, there are some tiny inconsistencies, perhaps you may wish to look into that at some later point (for instance, in one version, you choose all of the totem nodes on the crit totem wheel, while in another you leave one out...). Nothing of consequence, just thought I'd mention it.

May I ask a question? I'm still just starting out, and had just switched from Flame Totem to Flame Blast/Spell totem around 32 when I got the gem, and I switched back out a few minutes later because of its slowness: You are obviously correct, this is very dependend on cast speed. I'm sure it will feel different later with more cast speed stats and higher leveled FC gem (even though I have a surprising amount of cast speed on my self-found gear for level 37).
My question is this: How do you feel about taking Mental Rapidity (small cast speed cluster above EO) early, and then Nimbleness later (they are right on the way), perhaps at the expense of some crit...?

If you plan to stay as life based or invest/relevel to switch to CI, then its good idea to take cast speed cluster. I saw here enough profiles, which have that cluster learned.. As for early leveling, if you feel flame totem + firestorm is faster, you can level that way. I leveled from 28 with flameblast 3-4L and feel it was okay.. Not the fastest blasts, but 1 blast enough to clear pack. :) You can go dual wield wands with some cast speed and spelldmg and it should be enough to reach merciless lake.
So here is life based T5 map video, who saying that they die from few hits.. With beyond, bloodlines, warbands stones:

https://youtu.be/w9dSm2W_vzY

Gear (nothing worth than 1c, half of gear are self found pieces):
Anyone feels the clear speed it's low because the circle expanding? Damage it's ok but i feel unsafe when the circle expands. So unsafe and slower. Any help there?

Im with Spell totem - FB - Inc AOE - Faster Casting - Inc. Crit Strikes.

For mapping (and for me) i think SW > FB Totems.

Thanks!
"
Matematikas wrote:
So here is life based T5 map video, who saying that they die from few hits.. With beyond, bloodlines, warbands stones:

https://youtu.be/w9dSm2W_vzY

Gear (nothing worth than 1c, half of gear are self found pieces):

Do you run hybrid hife/es version? If yes, is it better for hybrid to use pure ES gear compared to ES/evasion or ES/armor? I did not play hybrid builds before.
Im got instrument of virtue and it seems to not be working even with whirling blades/shield charge. Is it me or is anyone else also experiencing this problem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info