[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

How is it that his ES is CONSTANTLY regening? I watched all the vids and scoured his Skill tree and I dont understand how? That would make me SO much more tanky if I could do that as well.
I'm currently 62 and about to approach mapping but I'm sort of running into an issue. I know this is a starter build and it's not going to be optimal but can everyone tell me how they're obtaining the cast speed to efficiently run maps? I'm farming a bit of docks right now and kill speed is very slow since the FB is taking its sweet time without cast speed on my gear. I've looked on poe trade and any daggers with that mod are super expensive (making it not beginner friendly).
What is the best Cast when Damage Taken setup for the life based build?
"
Brentc wrote:
How is it that his ES is CONSTANTLY regening? I watched all the vids and scoured his Skill tree and I dont understand how? That would make me SO much more tanky if I could do that as well.

I am absolutely wondering this as well.
A few questions on items.
1. If you get skyforth, is the unique items that deals with stun issues needed? i.e. eye of chayula or valyrium ring? I dislike the eye as the OP said it doesnt have other great attributes and the valyrium ring has -40% cold resistance which would be a pain to offset. Wouldnt ideally you get skyforth and then get better ring/amulets?

2. why do i see flame surge as the enchantment on the helm slots - wouldnt increase area or increase damage to flameblast be the way to go?

3. what enchantment would be good for the gloves?

4. What is a good target for ES once you move over from life build?

Lastly, is the items updated for 2.6? With all the cool legacy gear out there, is there not much improvement on how far we can push the build?

thanks. Great build by the way, loving it as I have bad RSI issues, the build helps greatly.
Last edited by swiftwilly on Mar 5, 2017, 9:25:06 PM
Another question: I see lightning golem used when you talk about gem links, however every time you've linked sample gear it uses flame golem. Is there any noticeable difference between the two or does it not matter or is it just situational?
Last edited by projectoffset on Mar 5, 2017, 9:26:23 PM
"
DeathStatus wrote:
"
Brentc wrote:

Ok well I'm not the OP here but just by looking at the guy that OP references; https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/blajo/characters

You can see he uses ZO + 3% life regen ... so that would explain that ^^
"
sklipnoty wrote:
So on a budget and t3 map the build looks like this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6K4Hn8ZTkc

I would recommend both IAoE and Ele Prolif for Dried Lake running. (otherwise it feels slow, breaches without Ele Prolif = crap)

gear:

Spoiler

Doing good so far ... Really izi leveling so that's a plus :)

Really nice sklipnoty, can you please send a screenshot of your stats? I'm around your level and I wanna know whatIi should aim for to have a clear speed like yours.
Last edited by _Betamax_ on Mar 5, 2017, 11:41:14 PM
"
swiftwilly wrote:
A few questions on items.
1. If you get skyforth, is the unique items that deals with stun issues needed? i.e. eye of chayula or valyrium ring? I dislike the eye as the OP said it doesnt have other great attributes and the valyrium ring has -40% cold resistance which would be a pain to offset. Wouldnt ideally you get skyforth and then get better ring/amulets?

2. why do i see flame surge as the enchantment on the helm slots - wouldnt increase area or increase damage to flameblast be the way to go?

Lastly, is the items updated for 2.6? With all the cool legacy gear out there, is there not much improvement on how far we can push the build?

thanks. Great build by the way, loving it as I have bad RSI issues, the build helps greatly.

"

Skyforth is BIS for this build but it is too expensive for league starter. OP avoids stun by not getting hit. It required a bit of skill play or you can get 80% stun avoidance on boot enhancement.
Whatever easier, go for it.
I concern about freezing more than stun with totem buid.

"

Disregard his helm enhancement. With nerf on AOE, I prefer increase AoE enhancement on helm for mapping

Spoiler

does not matter much. However, I would prefer world of ice.

"

Try to get around 5.5-6K if possible when moving from life build. Around 8K + for red map.
And 10K+ for end game bosses. However, because it is totem build so lower ES can be tolerated.

"

I do not see any "ancient prime" legacy stuffs which are "useful" for this build. Just get 6L high ES Regalia then it is good to go.
However, it is only my personal opinion. Take it or leave it up to you.

BTW, Im just random POE player and Im not OP.

"
DeathStatus wrote:
"
Brentc wrote:

Check his ascendancy. He specs into "Sanctify" for consecrated ground on hit and kill in combine with sulphur flask and ZO. I think it is a bit overkill. Sulphur flask is enough.
Prefer Instruments of virtue for QoL improvement ( faster shield charge, whirling blade) and also +30% spell damage is sexy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info