The Carnage Mystery Box

"
Xavathos wrote:
I'll save you and her the trouble. She won't. :)

Nice. :) Oh wait, you mean she won't allow it. Crud. :( Well, I PMed her anyway. Hope she'll allow the swap.
Last edited by Hlifhildr on Sep 3, 2016, 7:41:51 PM
"
"
"
Toma_Hawk wrote:

Always read the fine print.

Always read what my suggestion is, no lack of understanding how mystery boxes work here.

I just want a way to get rid of the Mess in my MTX Stashtab.

But Rather deleting the unwanted mtx, why not make it tradable with a tax on it?

I would have no problems paying GGG money so that i can get the mtx out i don't want and get the one i want.

I'm with you, man. The way GGG operates this mystery box scheme is pretty ugly. It's weird that they don't offer a trade in for the addicts. However, for some odd reason, they've made they intend to hold their ground on this one.

At least GGG made it clear that people would be getting repeats.

The best way to play, is to either just give for the sake of giving, or save your sheckles until the shinies hit the shelves of the mtx store.

The Problem is, i think ppl. that have a certain amount of addiction should get some protection.

I even consider asking GGG in en email, do disable the option of buying mistery boxes for me.
Since yeah, i stepped into that "trap" (a bit to harsh word for that) again and i'm not mad at ggg.

I just couldn't help myself there

Last edited by Toma_Hawk on Sep 3, 2016, 7:43:06 PM
That's why I think that these boxes cross that 'ethical' line.

Sorry, bro. Hope you can stay away from it in the future.

Cheers.
"
Hlifhildr wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

Nice. :) Oh wait, you mean she won't allow it. Crud. :( Well, I PMed her anyway. Hope she'll allow the swap.

Me and a friend asked before, and I've asked once or twice before that too iirc. A long time in between, but the answer remains the same.

As far as those standards go, they are 100% fair. There will be NO favours for supporters or any of that. Like it should be, imo. Doesn't take away the fact that these boxes are the opposite of fair. The more of them you buy, the worse they get.

My advice, if you don't want to end up like me, buy 10 MAYBE 20 at most and call it a day. You'll thank me in 4 months.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
We could always use more gore!
Not the "boxes are unethical shit again"

People are responsible for their own actions.

Me, Ill just wait until the inevatable free box with purchase and game the system MUHAHAHAHA
first box I bought I just happened to be purchasing my first currency tab and got the only portal I ever bought :(, but hey, at least I bought a weta (first pet as well) and got a scorpion the second time :p

EDIT: WAIT WTF, I just realized the obsidian seraph armour pack was never released onto the mtx store? I thought the only thing that was BOXES ONLY was some hideout decor? or will just have to wait longer for it?
if just wait longer I dont mind, but otherwise then its starting to go into NOPE territory
EDIT 2:nvm, read the old box description and yep, it was only hideout decor (and you stopped doing exclusives with this box which is better for you and the consumer so all's good. guess will have to wait if ever want to buy more pieces of an armour set.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Sep 3, 2016, 8:07:57 PM
Thank you for making none of the items box-exclusive; it was a major drag to burn through hundreds of points for the last box getting one of each of the exclusive effects.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
Those are all looking great

which is the problem

You dont release single nice MTX anymore, they all come behind the rng of mystery boxes. You are playing with people's goodwill to support and sometimes dependence to generate more and more cash.

at this point, stop using the " support" us and straight use "buy our products"

I wish you'd spend less resource on the Customer milking department and more time on the quality control and balance dep.
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Sep 3, 2016, 7:59:32 PM
nope
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Hlifhildr wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

Me and a friend asked before, and I've asked once or twice before that too iirc. A long time in between, but the answer remains the same.

As far as those standards go, they are 100% fair. There will be NO favours for supporters or any of that. Like it should be, imo. Doesn't take away the fact that these boxes are the opposite of fair. The more of them you buy, the worse they get.

My advice, if you don't want to end up like me, buy 10 MAYBE 20 at most and call it a day. You'll thank me in 4 months.

Ah, I see. Hmm, well I only bought 2 and am definitely stopping there. I know the chances are stacked against you with these gacha boxes. I'll definitely wait for the mtxs to be released in the shop as direct purchases. Would be nice though if some were released this October since it'd be nice for Halloween, haha.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info