Atlas Map drops...are terrible?

"
Deliverme wrote:
I have never had this issue.

Sure. New mechanics, new rules.
Current map drops are...cough..."balanced" around the atlas bonus. So at best you have to unlock every map type available. And buy and run the maps you lack.

So, did you play every map no matter its tileset and difficulty, or picked the cherries?
If you did, I simply can't believe you are stuck at T2/3. Looks like impossible, or you are the most unlucky person ever.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Sep 9, 2016, 9:10:36 AM
"
torturo wrote:
"
Deliverme wrote:
I have never had this issue.

Sure. New mechanics, new rules.
Current map drops are...cough..."balanced" around the atlas bonus. So at best you have to unlock every map type available. And buy and run the maps you lack.

So, did you play every map no matter its tileset and difficulty, or picked the cherries?
If you did, I simply can't believe you are stuck at T2/3. Looks like impossible, or you are the most unlucky person ever.

Obviously I have not played them all yet if I am on T2 and T3 lol.

My point is that in order to progress to the 2nd and 3rd tiers, it is ridiculous that I have to buy them. That has never been an issue. You should have to MAYBE start trading at T8 plus. I frankly have never bought a map in POE before now and have always been able to get into T13 and 14 without any issue. And maintaining T10 plus was never a problem. Now, I am trading for access to T2 and T3? That is a problem...
"
Deliverme wrote:

Obviously you are not smart either. The question can be paraphrased to "did you play all the map types related to the current and previous map tiers you are playing", but it should be obvious by default.

Your point is that you got none. Besides the ability to type you got to skill in reading comprehension as well.
You just complain. When you are told where could eventually be the problem, you ignore the advice, ignore the question, and keep complaining. That's plain retarded. Stay at T2 forever, just stop complaining.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:
"
Deliverme wrote:

Obviously you are not smart either. The question can be paraphrased to "did you play all the map types related to the current and previous map tiers you are playing", but it should be obvious by default.

Your point is that you got none. Besides the ability to type you got to skill in reading comprehension as well.
You just complain. When you are told where could eventually be the problem, you ignore the advice, ignore the question, and keep complaining. That's plain retarded. Stay at T2 forever, just stop complaining.

I dont know why you are resorting to childish insults on my intelligence. It was not obvious what you were stating. Cherry picking T1s? How the hell do you cherry pick T1s. They're T1! Theyre all easy peasy.

Anyway, again not sure why you are being a douche. But, to answer the now explained question: Yes, I played all the T1s. And no, I did not have a single >T1 map drop.
^
Still seek advice about best way to reach Yellow maps and sustain them. Wanna do solo with limited trade.
Because of an old habit, I often run some Dock runs now and then with my IIQ farmer. A habit from the days when The Docks were a great place to farm. But, "today", that area has a lot of Divination Cards available, and the "Cartographer's Delight" is one of them. It drops pretty often. And "Dying Anguish", "Lucky Connection" and "Jack in a box" cards are nice bonuses. With my 130 IIQ char, I average about 2-3 cards per run. I nice place to start your map pool.

Boxes are also a welcome sight, and the new "Diviner's" is a nice addition to the game - and The Docks.

And no, I'm not agreeing to the map drop rates, I just try to adapt.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
From my experience i can say that the high level map drops have been increased substantially.

I started out with 1x t15, 2x t14, 1x t13, 8x t12, 12x t11, and 20x t10, in Standard, when the Atlas update hit. After playing all these "legacy" maps i now always have a full stack of 20+ t10/11, ~10x t12, 5-7 t13/ 14, and some t15 wih occasional t16. I only killed Chimera and Pheonix Bosses.

This is a pretty nice improvement since you finally can sustain high level maps. What bothers me though, is that the experience gain has been gutted. Currently i'm at lvl 99 on my Ranger and won't even bother to try and get to 100.
Just don't die and u will get to level 100 (after some time xD)

I just started mapping. After I ran 4 T1 maps, I had 3 T2 maps, in those 3 T2 maps I dropped 4th T2 map (I was lacking Ghetto) and 3 T3 maps...
"
Deliverme wrote:

Ok, look. Unless you unlock your Atlas, you got to run it in a different way than before.

Don't run maps tier by tier, like before. Once you have a +1 drop of an unlocked map, run it. To enable the chance of +2 drop. Then go back to the map pool of a tier, which fits your current char progression.
For ex. you start T1, you focus on T1, but if you have a T2 unlocked map, run it straight away. Then keep grinding T1s. Etc.

Also, once again, unlock every map of the tiers you are currently playing. Buy the maps missing, if needed (it's not needed at low levels,though). Don't pick a pool of certain maps, ignoring the "inconvenient" ones. Just do these once, than back to preferred tilesets. You will sell all the "bad" ones expanding your map pool this way, the key is to make them drop at all.

Do Zana dailies and buy every map related to the current map tier you are running and above.

If you don't swim in maps a day later, you got to be the unluckiest person on this earth. Go to a church, light a candle, and pray. Nothing left.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Sep 10, 2016, 4:51:08 AM
muhomorov, thing is you unlocked like entire Atlas with your Legacy maps drastically increasing map DROPRATE bonus. This is the power of Legacy maps. Therefore everything you said is invalid for League players like me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info