Atlas Map drops...are terrible?

Edit. Double Post.
Last edited by xpress69 on Sep 8, 2016, 9:22:17 AM
I believe that we can now sustain T8-10 maps somewhat reliably. Which is probably intended. Opening the entire atlas is a must now it seems. There isn't much choice as to what maps you will unlock. You must unlock them all to sustain maps.

But I had 5x T12-13 maps in a row with 80-145iiq and one even with 45 packsize. All I got back was 1 colonade, a graveyard and another lowish map. It seems that once you go over T10 the droprate goes down MASSIVELY. It seems as if we are intended to stay at T8-10
Last edited by silverdash on Sep 8, 2016, 3:44:22 PM
I was looking forward for atlas of worlds for a rework on the map system. But it seens it got a bit worst now.

To play high content, you will have to use poe trade. It is simple as that. Before AoW, highest content available was Core, for 30-35 chaos, and Uber Atziri, with hope around 2.5 exs, for a total of 3ex i could play all high content. Now will have to pay 2ex per guardian + 60c for new core, + 2ex for hope for uber atziri, total of around 10ex, more then 3x more then before AoW.

I dont know, i am a bit disapointed with this "new expansion" focusing on endgame...

My suggestion for Poe End Game:

- Make a new currency, with drop rates like Chaos, that gives +1 tier to maps. If you beat that given map, you will have a chance that a +1 tier from that same map will drop anytime

- On Atlas, you will be able to track your record, the highest tier for that given map, including the number of maps mods, and if you beat that given map deathless

- New hideout decorations with maps records, per example: If you beat the new Dark Forest tier 15, you will get the Rigward wolf head as a map decoration. If a player inspect that decoration, he will see your highest tier map from Dark Forest

- Make some random dungeons inside maps, like vaal dungeons on story mode, that are 1-5 tiers higher then currently map, with diferents mods on it. If you die inside that dungeon you get back to the entrace and will not be able to go inside again

- Increase drop rate of maps on map bosses.

Hmmm so it seems that it become easier to sustain Yellow maps with drop rate and Zana change. Red maps are still rare af?
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Hmmm so it seems that it become easier to sustain Yellow maps with drop rate and Zana change. Red maps are still rare af?
Lower tier red maps you will see so now and then. But the higher tiers yeah... And red maps have no sustain regardless of rolls, packsize, iiq and atlas unlocks it seems. Best to just chain tons of T8-T10 maps imo if you wanna go lvl100 and a few lower tiers even (only good layouts).

Just use redmaps for the unlock once. Then if you get them again sell them and buy lower tier maps for the currency.
Last edited by silverdash on Sep 9, 2016, 5:19:35 AM
Yellow maps are definitely easier to sustain. I dunno about red maps yet, I looted only a handful of them so far.

Early progression is a bit harder now and this should be corrected. The best way imo is to make Zana a guaranteed spawn in say first five maps you run. This way you'll be able to buy early maps from her and fill in the Atlas gaps.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Sep 9, 2016, 5:25:30 AM
In my experience,the drop rate are clearly better,i got one red map yesterday,and now i can't get out of them. Cant say i stacked my stash but i think they have a very good drop rate.

Love it so far.
Last edited by Kasapnica on Sep 9, 2016, 6:07:46 AM
I see. How do you guys think, what is the best way to enter maps? My aim is to just play enjoyable yellow-red layouts with my own pace.

1. Buy bulk of good layout Yellow and few Red maps? Can I sustain map pool if I will unlock mostly maps with sweet layouts?

2. Play everything I get, buy some maps and aim to get as much bonus as possible? What is strategy in general?

How much time I will need to start sustain Yellow maps from scrath, if don't buy anything.
find a buddy, tell him to run from a different part of the tree than you. go do your meeping for a few days

share maps .. profit
Just started mapping. Over a dozen T1 maps. I have had to purchase all T2 and T3s so far. This is utter malarky, GGG. I should not have to trade to go through Tier 2 and 3 f***ing maps...

You guys clearly Did "SOMETHING". I have never had this issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info