[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

skin of the loyal is only worth it if you have RGGGBB (as an alternative to LL, it is very strong before you can get another 6L). With those colours it is almost as strong as going LL. Yes, really. the +1 to all gems gives you about 20% damage increase from +2 levels to ED + 4% damage from your supports. Your decay scales poorly with skin of the loyal however, so in terms of real DPS, the increase to our DPS is probably around 15% compared to 30% as LL.

Ziz is currently running an occultist version of ED in BHC, and is killing guardians without any problems it seems. His pathing is quite different from mine since he does not rely as heavily on ZO as Occultist. You can check out Zizarians stream/videos on the ED build if you want to see highend performance for this build as CI, but keep in mind that trickster boss DPS is a bit lower than that of the occultist. We focus on map clears, and Occultists focus on boss killing.
i've heard a recently that decay weapons ( Base item was not specified ) are worse than The Consuming Dark's poison, Would a decay wand be used only if it has good %Spell damage? or is decay actually better?

This is the wand i am currently using:

Feel free to ask any questions / add me in game! IGN: WatashiWaLamDesu

Hey, I'd like to thank you for your build. I followed your build for awhile until I theory crafted my own upgrade for the build. This build has been working very well for me and is rather tanky once you pop the Ruby and Sulfur. Additionally, I also have endurance charges (from the Red Nightmare jewel) which are pretty sweet. It is not possible to run both enfeeble and temp chains because you are now forced to run PoF and Vitality. Therefore, you can take your pick at enfeeble/temp chains on your helm. You could also entirely not use Heretic's veil, and use the 5 points traveling up to +1 curse elsewhere. In doing so, you can just utilize the curse from witchfire and get a 400+ ES helm.

I run 5 araus: Vitality, Purity of Fire, Clarity, Discipline, and Temp chains/Enfeeble. I have 107 mana left after reserve, with a mana cost of 91 with a 4% reduced mana cost of skill jewel and 103.5 mana regen/sec. The mana regen on the rings are rather crucial to help sustain.

I have also attempted Chayula 4 times with this build. The first two times were successful but was tight on the timer (6-8 seconds one time, and 12-13 seconds another). The last 2 attempts I couldn't get past the time for some reason. However, the times I did get past the timer, Chayula was a breeze. Once I did it deathless, and the second I died twice due to my own cockiness and carelessness.

My Passive Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAPuC2EMXw18DkgPqxEvEVARlhhqGS4Ziho-GmwajxslHKcc3B2-IcAi9CSLJogn7Sj6KS4rCi9vM4c1uTlSPC08tkGHSRNJsUuuTINTpVcNV8lYB1yKXfJfP2hlaPJsC20ZbWxwu3DUdIF2gnvXfA58uH_GgLOCx4Nfg8yExYngjxqPRpFHkc6TH5MnlmyXBpuhm7WdrqEvpwinK62Nr2yw2LMOtAy1SLcwtz64k7vju-2-isHFwzrEosT2xq7IDMrTz37Xz9kT2VvZYdo75ljoWukC6rrrY-vu7BjviPGs8i_zm_ba98H5N_mk-ej7Cf66

DPS Screenshots
This is in my hideout with no RF

This is in my hideout with RF on

This is buffed with RF on + 5 Frenzy + Witchfire + Sulfur

Defensive Screenshots

This is in merciless town

This is in my hideout

I Currently have 89% fire res, and I am currently trying to get 90% so when I pop my ruby, I will be taking 0 damage from RF. I have corrupted over 40 rise of the phoenix trying to get +1 gems... Once I get that along with a level 21 purity of fire. If that doesn't work... perhaps enlighten + empower + PoF... I should be rather close to 90% fire res then.

Another alternative idea I have is to drop a few damage nodes (from the very few I already have lol) on the tree and drop my rise of the phoenix in favor of a Saffells for more defensive stats since I am easily able to sustain RF already.

Also... 46% movespeed is so nice with 17% MS boots!

Feel free to ask any questions. Also, I would not recommend without at least a 6L shavs, a level 3 empower, and decent ES gear or somewhere close to mind or better.
Last edited by Zaffrex on Jan 1, 2017, 9:31:24 AM
Decay is still very strong, but it is true that poison gets better on bosses where you are able to stand still and nuke some. I would go for decay until you have full lvl 21 setup, and then consider using a CD for bosses where it might be beneficial.

@Zaffrex, nice to see someone trying out the LL RF ED build. It seems like you have managed to find a better way to sustain the RF than I did, but in doing so you sacrifice almost all the increased damage we have in the tree for the 60% more from RF and end up on roughly the same DPS as the normal LL build does. I am a bit torn between what might be better of your version, the normal LL version and my original LL version. In my original LL version the DPS would be better, but you might feel forced to turn RF off and on more.

Personally, I think I would prefer straight up LL to the RF version, even with your version with far better sustain of ES with RF up, but it is cool to see someone trying it out (and ofc boss DPS should be quite nice by itself with the extra damage from the RF).
Thanks for the Clarification!
Hey,
I am running an ED build as a low life trickster. I currently use the Shaper boots for the free Pierce and a decay weapon. What would be the best link setup?
Currently i am running: ED- void mani.- rapid decay- controlled destr.- slower proj and empower.
Would the poison gem be better than the empower in my case?

I would be nice if someone could elaborate his thoughts/ideas/experience on my situation :)

EDIT: Oh, and of course thank you for the build guide, i learned many things about ED here!
Last edited by DerBommeK on Jan 2, 2017, 8:15:25 AM
You could check out the math I did in 2.4 under the decay weapon bit in the gear section. The math is outdated due to decay nerf, but it should still give you a pretty good idea of how different options could work out. Do keep in mind that poison and decay is not spread when the target dies, and you will lose out on a great deal of AoE and regen by focusing a lot on secondary effects.

Personally, I decided to stick with empower as the suggested sixth link and recommend dual wielding for poison purposes. Another option is to go with GGGGBB and swap poison and pierce gems as you see fit.

I am very happy that you have learned a bit in this thread. My goal is not to dictate what is best while playing ED, but to discuss our options and what I personally feel is the most comfortable among our many options.
HI!

what about The Beast Fur Shawl ?

40% increased Spell Damage
123% increased Energy Shield
+57 to maximum Energy Shield
10% increased Radius of Area Skills
5% increased Damage taken
30% increased Energy Shield Recovery rate

No any resistance here and es a bit low..
But not so bad for 7ex 6L? or not?
Interfice Errorem Diligere Errantem
It is quite nice if you opt to stay CI. If you can live with slightly less defense for more damage and utility, go for it.
If I use the poison support, will it kill bosses faster? Like The Shaper, can I kill it faster than that video run that you used as exemple on the post? As fast as a BV/Poison or a Blade Furry build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info