[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

Soooooooo... (silently continue oooooo...)

I was thinking ED is boring and its not my playstyle same as totem build. League before this one i made WC totems kondos pride shadow and it was AMAZING! So i decide give a try ED. But at this point I need help n tips from expirenced ED players. My gear is under acceptable level but its not a problem at this point. I have few questions and possible help.

1. From where pure ED dmg comes from? I have 11k tooltip with cuming dark dagger and a 5L ED. atm ED is at L17/20%q Some of dmg will come from that missing gem level.

2. Does crit chance and CD is important for ED and will it improve dmg?

3. flat chaos dmg is nice and how much?

4. about jewels: which is best? spell damage(i think not) -> damage over time(maybe) and now serious question. +%Damage and +%chaos damage?

Im going LL when ill get few more ex for 6L shav. But for now pure CI since budget.
Here's my gear but i think its not that much important "HOW GOOD" my gear is. Question is do i made mistakes like for example "physical damage" <----- just a example.

Spoiler

Thanks for time spent reading my "book" and lookin' for ya to shine.
Szafka
May RNGesus be with you!
Would it be a good idea to switch to IC without any of the uniques? I'm still new to the game and figuring out how to make currency. I only have maybe a couple of exalted to spend. I can't afford to buy the heretic head or very good ES gear. My character is 87 atm and I have hit a bit of a wall doing t11-12 maps. It's going a bit too slow and dying is an actual risk with certain mods.
"
Rhacius wrote:
Would it be a good idea to switch to IC without any of the uniques? I'm still new to the game and figuring out how to make currency. I only have maybe a couple of exalted to spend. I can't afford to buy the heretic head or very good ES gear. My character is 87 atm and I have hit a bit of a wall doing t11-12 maps. It's going a bit too slow and dying is an actual risk with certain mods.

Heretic veil is BIG upgrade. Go for it first. Switch to CI when you feel comfortable. I usually switch at 70-75lvl. Grab some ES nodes. When you get around 4-5k ES go for CI.
May RNGesus be with you!
I am new to this game and I dont know what I am doing wrong. I transitioned to CI at lvl 75 and now I am 79. I am only doing 4k tool tip damage with all the buffs. Something just feels wrong. Monsters only die quickly if they are 10 lvls below me. Any help would be appreciated. Below is my gear.

Spoiler
"
Szafka wrote:
"
Rhacius wrote:

Heretic veil is BIG upgrade. Go for it first. Switch to CI when you feel comfortable. I usually switch at 70-75lvl. Grab some ES nodes. When you get around 4-5k ES go for CI.

Thank you. My tree looks a little bit different, I will need to move around 35 points to get on track, so I can't really use the 4-5k metric.

Could you maybe let me know how much ES is good enough to get on gear pieces? how much ES to is good enough for chest, gloves/boots, head and jewellery. For example, I have close to 600 ES on my hybrid 5-link chest but I am not sure whether that is good enough or if I need to invest in a new chest.
For the CI transitions with a budget, I usually go like this: Get a cheap 5L Vaal Regalia, scour alch for some reasonable ES (500+), buy Eye of Chayula for the stun immunity, Rainbowstrides for some cheap boots.

You can then craft/buy some 150+ ES gloves and a 250+ ES helmet. As an example you get about 170-180 ES on sorcerer and fingerless gloves with just a 40+ flat ES roll and a craft from haku. If you get a good flat roll on a hubris, that is 300+ ES with haku craft. After this you balance resists out with rings and a belt, where you can prioritize ES lower to start with. Try to get a belt with reduced flask charges used, and you are good to go CI.

I usually wait quite a while before transitioning to CI, and this is how I do things. I like to always stress that there is no perfect way to do it, and your way of doing it might be just as good as mine.

@whoa154: You should get a 5L as fast as you can. Slower projectiles is a 25-30% DPS increase for you. When you have the 5L, you should just focus on getting as much %increased damage as you can. Everything in our link has a "more" multiplier, so the %increased damage we can get hold of is extremely valuable.

@Szafka: The ED damage consists of two components. The initial hit + the DoT. The DoT does not rely on the initial hit doing damage, so we can kill enemies with proximity shield from afar. With Consuming Dark, you abuse the damage of the initial hit to apply a secondary DoT as well in the form of poison. With Consuming Dark, it is this mechanic that we are abusing as much as possible. We want damage modifiers that affects both the initial hit and the DoT components of both ED and poison.

Due to ED's modifier that state that "Modifiers to Spell Damage apply to this skill's Damage Over Time", We are very interested in Spell Damage as well as chaos damage. This modifier also applies to secondary DoTs applied with ED, which includes poison and decay. This means that we have several different kinds of damage mods that double dips to poison in addition to the usual % increased chaos damage:

Projectile Damage, Spell Damage, Damage, Chaos Damage all double dips to poison, and are extremely attractive for us. Damage over time on the other hand does not modify the initial hit of ED, and is thus second tier for us as long as we use poison.

Hopefully this has indirectly answered all your questions. Crit and flat added chaos damage is basically useless for us since it only affects one aspect of the build, and not both like other stats. In theory you could try to play crit ED with assassin and focus solely on huge poison stacks, but I haven't tried it, so who knows. Might work.
@Nedieth Thaaaaank you!!! I was looking for exacly what you wrote. This will help me a lot in future. Im playing since 2013 and some more since 2 leagues and PoE still suprise me. Ill post feedback when i hit 90lvl and some gear. May RNGesus give u rain of mirrors <3
May RNGesus be with you!
Hello, thank you for this build !

Can you advice me some gear buy while leveling, i'm actually level 26 and I miss damages.
ED does not shine at low levels. When I was sick after ripping 2 chars in 2 days, I leveled with blade vortex until level 60 just because BV is crazy strong for leveling compared to ED. ED just requires too many links.
Hi first of all i would like to thank you for an awsome build mate! I had a question regarding gems. im planing on using empower as my sixth gem but for my fight link it stands between pierce or projectile gem. But than i noticed i had an added chaos gem in my bag ? how come you dont use that instead? is it to low dmg end game compared to the others?

With friendly regards Annarchy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info