[2.6 Video Guide] Cheap "New League Viable" Warchief Totem Axe Build [HC/SC]

"
Olystar wrote:
What about Abyssus for HC player ?
I think Lightning coil could be mandatory if using Abyssus, should I prefere devoto for HC without LC ?

Note: I'm a SC player. Yes I'm a filthy casual.

Coil is a great migigation, paired with Champion it'll be fine I guess. But this may need confirmation from a HC mate.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
I have really enjoyed this guide and playing the build but honestly I am having trouble surviving. I do not know how to link my items but here is my profile link
Psalmz

Please if anyone can give me some advice let me know what I can do to improve on my gear or setup. My tooltip dps in town is 30k and all resists maxxed. I changed a few gems because from what I understand Enduring Cry & Decoy Totem no longer work with when damage taken gem?? Please help me out someone, I do not want to make a cookie cutter BV char but I do want to be able to do end maps and right now even some lvl 10 map bosses can give me troubles with certain mods.
IGN: Psalmz
Your account is not marked as public, so we can't see your build.

I am enjoying this build a whole bunch. I was on Lifting's Earthquake, which was lots of fun, but really rapidly hit a wall at about t6. Luckily, the skill tree was only about 20 points different, so it only cost me a couple Regrets to swap over. I had a 5 link chest already, and basically only needed to buy a super cheap Hezmana's to get started.

I'm cruising through mid tiers now, and my total investment is about 60c. I die far, far less than I did as a true melee. I'm saving up to get a 6 link rare chest, although I suppose 5L coil would perhaps be better. DPS against solo mobs is slow. I do swap between AoE and Concentrated Effect with barely thinking as I progress through a map.

Some stuff I simply don't have the DPS for - that goddamn lizard at the end of Terrace is completely unkillable - he hits about 80% health and leans on my totems while drinking a beer.
I think I fixed it so that you can see my characters now.
IGN: Psalmz
...x
● Tristram Guitar DI http://tinyurl.com/mpnhsep (I am HC DI,II player since 1996)
● DII intro http://tinyurl.com/kpvzr8u
● Zana's story is the best of story from all ARPG
● Nerf do a fun PoE. That's challenge to build a new Phoenix and be HC
● I have no time to be slow in HC. It's not ARPG/fun
Last edited by stastu on Sep 19, 2016, 1:54:15 PM
Hey, what else I can add for 5L weapon? And what about Utility, which gems will be best to add instead of Decoy Totem and Enduring Cry?
Last edited by Kromar5112 on Sep 17, 2016, 10:21:13 AM
Great guide. I don't have time to have all your uniques, but I used some rares and still it's fun and cool for casual's ! Thanx a lot ! And keep going on :)
Can u add please which levels we need Enduring Cry & Decoy Totem with CWDT?
Utility:

- Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 6), Flame Golem (lvl 8), Enduring Cry & Decoy Totem (optional, but recommended)

enduring and decoy at maxim i think
I am now using double Vaal Haste with Increased Duration, which I consider a huge boost, especially going into boss fights, having 18 seconds of Vaal Haste is excellent.

Before I bought those, I used Vengeance/Culling/FasterAttacks/Leap Slam, and a CWDT/IceNova/Culling/Golem. Trash dies so fast that it was tough to tell if I was ever actually benefiting from the Culls. I also now manually cast my Golem - it didn't have enough uptime to rely on CWDT for me, especially since I'm often not taking damage.

So right now I am manually casting my Golem, and Enduring Cry when I'm near a pack. I alternate my Vaal Hastes, and save both up for boss fights. I swap over to Concentrated Effect for bosses - even mid map (it's practically second nature now, very little pause to duck into inventory), and back to Inc AoE for the majority of the map.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info