Inevitable Judgement 'fix' is poorly made

"
TheLastZica wrote:
I roll my eyes every time I see a thread like this trying to bandaid some comparatively trivial aspect of PvP while ignoring the big 2 points:

1. PvP is dead. The lead designer has said so. GGG isn't going to "waste" any significant time on "fixing" it, so kneejerk tossoffs are all you can expect, if that. You should be happy they haven't removed dueling and the arena entirely! It would not come as a surprise to me at all if they do one of these versions... and treat it as a trivial removal at that, because it would be. The % of PoE players that actually PvP at all is already insignificant! Just look at how ignored and relatively empty this entire subforum is.

2. There are lots of much more important things if GGG were to suddenly start caring about making PvP non-silly, starting with dealing with offscreening and the lack of a proper newbies bracket or something similar to get any significant portion of the playerbase interested.

I like how you're going on about all this while your signature indicates that you're part of a vocal minority that goes out of their way to state how much they dislike the Labyrinth and how it should change for the better (kiiiiinda like us with PVP, in case what I said goes over your head).

Also, PVP wouldn't be "dead" (I put quotes around it because I see plenty of people in Arena and 1v1s, during temporary leagues, and even more when they're over) if GGG hadn't neglected PVP in the first place. If they'd balanced their shit from the start, it'd be fine, and a fun side-thing to do besides endless map-grinding. PVP being "dead" according to the lead designer doesn't mean it's necessarily true, either, it just means he doesn't care about it. It's dead to HIM. As for the small % of people who do PVP, it's not our fucking fault people are too scared to go into arena and test their characters out against other players.

As for your second suggestion, holy shit that's what we've been campaigning for THE WHOLE FUCKING TIME. Not one of us really WANTS OHK off-screening to go on, it's awful. We want the PVP community to grow and flourish. Maybe if you spent less time rolling your eyes, and spent more time pointing them at the goddamn screen while you're here on the forums, maybe you'd understand that.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
"
TheLastZica wrote:
I roll my eyes every time I see a thread like this trying to bandaid some comparatively trivial aspect of PvP while ignoring the big 2 points:

1. PvP is dead. The lead designer has said so. GGG isn't going to "waste" any significant time on "fixing" it, so kneejerk tossoffs are all you can expect, if that. You should be happy they haven't removed dueling and the arena entirely! It would not come as a surprise to me at all if they do one of these versions... and treat it as a trivial removal at that, because it would be. The % of PoE players that actually PvP at all is already insignificant! Just look at how ignored and relatively empty this entire subforum is.

2. There are lots of much more important things if GGG were to suddenly start caring about making PvP non-silly, starting with dealing with offscreening and the lack of a proper newbies bracket or something similar to get any significant portion of the playerbase interested.

I like how you're going on about all this while your signature indicates that you're part of a vocal minority that goes out of their way to state how much they dislike the Labyrinth and how it should change for the better (kiiiiinda like us with PVP, in case what I said goes over your head).

Also, PVP wouldn't be "dead" (I put quotes around it because I see plenty of people in Arena and 1v1s, during temporary leagues, and even more when they're over) if GGG hadn't neglected PVP in the first place. If they'd balanced their shit from the start, it'd be fine, and a fun side-thing to do besides endless map-grinding. PVP being "dead" according to the lead designer doesn't mean it's necessarily true, either, it just means he doesn't care about it. It's dead to HIM. As for the small % of people who do PVP, it's not our fucking fault people are too scared to go into arena and test their characters out against other players.

As for your second suggestion, holy shit that's what we've been campaigning for THE WHOLE FUCKING TIME. Not one of us really WANTS OHK off-screening to go on, it's awful. We want the PVP community to grow and flourish. Maybe if you spent less time rolling your eyes, and spent more time pointing them at the goddamn screen while you're here on the forums, maybe you'd understand that.

I'm having difficulty hearing your points over how mad you are. Perhaps you could tone it down a notch.

There are quite a few key differences between lab and pvp. For one, lab content is forced on nearly all PoE players, while PvP has been purposely left by the designers to sink into utter obscurity other than the occasional bone we get tossed such as with the recent patch. That tempers which is worth spending time campaigning about. Furthermore, the vocal minority thing is purely propaganda, which is part of why my sig is what it is. And it has influenced others to add similar things to their own sigs. Minority my arse: Lab is pretty widely disliked and GGG continues to try to ram it through anyways, with the effect that it keeps annoying those of us who don't like it into rightfully slamming it on a semiregular basis. Just have a good look at general discussion over time. The lab's been up how long and negative threads about it are STILL pretty much a daily occurrence. If it weren't for the FLOOD of outrage over the poor launch, there'd be one on the first page right now, I'm sure. Instead we have a bunch of locked threads bashing GGG's launch fizzle for the moment.

Your attitude is also partly at fault for PvP's deadness. Many of them aren't scared, they simply don't care about a minor broken nook of the game. They don't see PvP as worth the time. And to a large extent, they're right. It's so unbalanced it is scarcely worth the time.

Whether you've been campaigning for similar things doesn't really matter relative to my reaction to the OP because the OP's thread topic is nitpicking over one very specific part that comparatively doesn't matter, which is exactly what I was addressing. And really, since we want similar things anyways, how is it productive to rage at me over my post?
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
That wasn't rlowe raging, that's just how he talks. I hope someone that has a good amount of arm crossing and wifelike nagging in their post history would understand.

Good luck changing lab, sir. It does indeed suck donkey balls
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
TheLastZica wrote:

Your signature is literally trying to get people to act for what they want, but you're bashing us for discussing and fighting for what WE want. Pretty ironic.

Seems to me you don't like PvP and you don't like Lab. Most people who don't like lab just really fucking suck at the game in general tho. Lab is one of the most awesome additions to this game there ever was. The rewards are great, the challenge is great. It's amazing.

Every time I see someone complain about lab (and then watch them complain about basically everything else), I lose virtually all respect for them. You literally only have to do it 3 times per character if you don't like farming it. Yet you guys still find a way to bitch because you probably rip all over the place in there and get upset. That feel-good vibe you're used to from the ARPG genre from never having to put effort in what you do gets cockblocked. I think it's hilarious.

/rant

I get fkin triggered by lab haters (grrrr).
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
why are you feeding the attention wh*re? i can't see a reason. he doesnt like pvp... okay who cares. he is einsteining around with the most cliche claims about pvp.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
TheLastZica wrote:

mhuu mhuu lab too hard derp derp, pvp useless derp derp.

Wrong section of the forum for you it seems, pve for kiddies not this way.

(thanks god those russians from Garena have balls, awesome to see sarn full those days.)
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Sep 3, 2016, 3:57:17 AM
yeah those russian kiddos are kickin asses with their 5ex gears all day. t
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Aodui wrote:
I like how extreme this change was, I hope they take the same approach for aegis (only works on monster hits).
It goes in line with not letting juggernaut have free max endurance charges; I'd rather have ascendancies be special differentiators not build definers so we have more diversity in characters.

Excited to see if fireball does something or not, more excited about these new channeled skills, as they will probably be broken, or at least one or two will be.

Not happy with what looks like a bunch of trappers littering the floor with junk.
If the next three months are just trappers and EA that would be sad, even without Frostwall EA is too easy, maybe if they hired someone to clean up the debris in Sarn Arena.

"
MullaXul wrote:
Time to be a mere mortal and endure the struggle along side us melee.

But you use a bow offhand and spam EA when fighting other melee right?
Replace the bow with another melee weapon to enjoy true suffering.

And for any other brothers, perhaps disgruntled Inquisitors looking to turn melee, who are considering using "Lacerate" and "Earthquake"; it is time to forsake such things, they are not true melee, true melee requires you to hit your opponent directly, with your weapon or fist, not from ten paces away as you swing at the air, or by punching the ground causing poison to bubble up in the surrounding area.

Look at all the newly buffed choices!

Cleave: 19% more damage.
Sweep: 15% more damage.
Viper Strike: 11% more damage.
Double Strike: 13% more damage.
Heavy Strike: 5% more damage.
Glacial Hammer: 6% more damage.
Dominating Blow: 6% more attack damage (not minion damage).
Lightning Strike: 9% more damage.
Wild Strike: 19% more damage. It now also gains 1% increased area of effect per level.
Static Strike: 16% more damage.

Now is the time for melee to shine in the wake of the inquisitor's fall!
This is a buff!

Actually I have a staff and another sword offhand. I only use EA versus shithead Discharger "melee" because they freeze up my computer and basically...fuck them.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Best Changes Ever...

GZ GGG you are doing the right things
Well my concerns in term of damage due to inquisitor nerf and the new anti-crit armor is now gone.

Tested my firestorm dmg on dismantle with the new armor and even fireflask, i could still kill him and the damage was good.

Using elementalist class now, got up to 68% total fire pen.

@castersrstillalive

Overall good call on inquisitor disabling, i did not feel it very much and its healthier for the meta in general.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Sep 5, 2016, 4:06:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info