Inevitable Judgement 'fix' is poorly made

"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
I learned more about game mechanics in 2 weeks playing pvp than I did smashing mobs for a year+. The pvp community taught me things about the game I had no idea existed, and gave me inspiration to make the best character I could make instead of just doing what "worked".

While the amount of active PVP players might not hold a candle to the PVE'rs (rightfully so), saying that no one cares about PVP is the same old crap the community has heard for years that just isn't true. As you well know from your hatred for the lab, there are many ways to play this game, and just because the way a minority (in this example, pvp'ers & lab haters) might prefer to play this game differs from the majority doesn't mean they are wrong.

But we can chat about it all day, how about some actual content?

Recent videos and reddit posts:

https://redd.it/4zvxph

https://redd.it/4uyqah

https://redd.it/4q1kyt

I started a YT channel about 3 months ago and got 40k views. Not amazing, but far from no one caring.

Let's not forget you had no viewer base to begin with and no brand name which says a lot more than it seems.

My channel was derived from back when I made educational League of Legends videos. We had a series called Diamond N Bronze and we ended up with about 10k subs. I repurposed the channel for PoE and some of my music compositions when I quit League and kept a fairly regular viewerbase since then with an average of 12-30k views per videos for PoE. Which again isn't big, but it was years in the making.

So getting 40k pvp views out of nothing with no self-promotion, no talking on your videos, no community interaction, random music slapped on things you recorded in your off-time, no sub base, no streaming, etc...it's nothing to laugh at.

Thanks man! Yeah, I got ppl bugging me to stream and do v/o's but my professional and home life does not allow for either of those things. Generally, when I'm playing it's very quiet. And I'm only able to record stuff during my off time, so I can't commit to a schedule since I actually have a 50hr+/wk jerb with day and night work. I'm just too all over the place, and of course having a kid makes it near impossible to grind at all these days. Glad I hit lvl 100 before I was a dad, HA!

I was curious how you got all those subs/views, makes sense! Haha :) Well done, sir.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
MullaXul wrote:
I can see the guys points but still regardless he has 0 interest in PvPing so why the fuck is he even here? Let alone trying to argue with people that do PvP. Yes some have their heads up their ass as far as he does but the people he's arguing with are not those people. We've already concluded PvP is niche, that was a given since day 1. We know we either get blessed or doomed solely based on PvM balance decisions. Those are our handouts, the few we get. We've become comfortable knowing we're basically bastardized hobo's begging for change.

This guy just strikes me as the typical bed pan, butt pillow nerd. He'll battle with you on the forum to the death, or until he runs out of Mountain Dew game fuel and Doritos. After he has his mom get him more, he'll be back in full force to not play the game...but to be a lil bitch on the forum(s) over and over and over and over and over.

See his points? All none of them? The only people he's "arguing" (keep in mind, arguing means an exchange of points or ideas, he's just being a dink) with are people who enjoy PVP for non-dick measuring reasons.

Again, I think he's just some PVE fuck who didn't get his daily handed to him and he's throwing a shit conniption over it.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
"Outside perspective?"

"OUTSIDE PERSPECTIVE?"

My God. That's exactly what most of the past dozen or so repliers seem to be blind to and part of WHY PvP's in the shape it's in... do you literally never think about why people aren't beating down the doors to join PoE PvP besides the lack of dev support and "lol dey must be chickun and butthurt"? That kind of tomfoolery is a major contributing factor making sure PvP stays trivialized to less than 1% of the playerbase, and certain people here continuously refuse to see it then get all bent out of shape and start slinging around twelve-year-old-grade insults when I point out some of the problems. The only perspective most of you are obviously really considering is your private little stagnant "club" so to speak. If you actually had the clout of the major youtubers and the like you'd still be able to get something done even so, but you don't, so you... don't.

If I actually had a strong interest in trying to get PvP fixed, I'd be annoyed by that, since you're literally sabotaging yourselves, but since I'm relatively uninvested, I have the fortunate position of merely rolling my eyes and carrying on. Keep deluding yourselves if you want, it doesn't make any real difference to me. It's just kind of silly and unfortunate because things don't -have- to be this way. You're your own worst enemies, making sure dev time on PvP remains negligible.

The sheer degree to which some of you will go to try to rationalize your positions is ludicrous. Clearly anyone who disagrees with you must be someone who's "butthurt" about some imagined loss even though they've quite possibly never encountered you in PvP due to any combination of realm, timezone, etc (give you a hint, if English isn't your first language it's highly unlikely I've ever encountered you in-game other than global chat.) You'd be far better off if you dropped the whole butthurt thing as a standard reaction to disagreement because it makes you look very, very immature and tends to create a bad impression to those "outside perspectives." Most of PoE, and most of society, don't care at all about wins, losses or rankings in PoE PvP, especially the way things are currently. Even a lot of people who actually play PoE PvP don't (what, you think all those people who only show up for Leo do?) Many of them probably wouldn't remember any of you even if they had dueled you at some point. Wake up to reality. When's the last time you brought up how well you did in the arena that morning at the watercooler at work? How'd that go for ya?

In two words: Grow up.

Three words: Did not read

Two more: Git Gud
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"
"
MullaXul wrote:
I can see the guys points but still regardless he has 0 interest in PvPing so why the fuck is he even here? Let alone trying to argue with people that do PvP. Yes some have their heads up their ass as far as he does but the people he's arguing with are not those people. We've already concluded PvP is niche, that was a given since day 1. We know we either get blessed or doomed solely based on PvM balance decisions. Those are our handouts, the few we get. We've become comfortable knowing we're basically bastardized hobo's begging for change.

This guy just strikes me as the typical bed pan, butt pillow nerd. He'll battle with you on the forum to the death, or until he runs out of Mountain Dew game fuel and Doritos. After he has his mom get him more, he'll be back in full force to not play the game...but to be a lil bitch on the forum(s) over and over and over and over and over.

See his points? All none of them? The only people he's "arguing" (keep in mind, arguing means an exchange of points or ideas, he's just being a dink) with are people who enjoy PVP for non-dick measuring reasons.

Again, I think he's just some PVE fuck who didn't get his daily handed to him and he's throwing a shit conniption over it.

Well his points that are valid I already sort of noted. He states were basically grasping for change in an area of the game that gets little attention. So in that regard he's right but we all know that. Who he's arguing with is basically you and a few others. I'll admit though my comment basically doesn't apply to anyone remaining in this section. The pvpers with their heads up their ass are fewer each day and really only found in game. He's just that type of guy that goes places he has no interest nor experience in to start shit. They are usually called trolls but this guy sincerely feels he serves a purpose. Him winning versus anyone in these forum "logic" battles gives him micro wood.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Sep 7, 2016, 8:29:05 AM
Been a few days and this thread's been quiet, no more pompous arrogance from him. Was really looking forward to an entire wall of text to ignore.

Funny how he only goes after us and not Mulla. Hmmm.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
It really does say it all how much most of you guys incessantly resort to name-calling with no point whatsoever rather than actually address the points or be realistic. Mocking people doesn't make you right. It does leave you wide open to the same in kind, however. Again: You are a major part of why PvP will likely never realize any significant fraction of the potential it has. You can stop characterizing me as hating PvP just because I'm realistic about how hard it's going to be to ever get it meaningfully fixed anytime, too. Feel free to characterize me as disliking quite a few of you individually because you're clearly part of the problem, though. That would actually be true.

And Mulla, part of what I'm replying to is the people who ARE delusional and think the devs are giving major consideration to pvp balance instead of admitting they're beggars getting scraps that are mostly based on PvE. Look at the thread. There are several. They're completely out of touch with reality. Nice to see you aren't. Pity more of the PvP'ers aren't more like you and less like the people my first paragraph addresses.

Oh and for reference, dailies? I hand those to myself daily on the accounts I want them on, just like a lot of other people. I certainly don't need help - yours or anyone else's - to get them done. If you're among those sad players who get off on trying to keep the poor schmucks who can't/don't multi-instance from getting their dailies, well, that only further reflects on the type of person you are. Personally, I tend to hand out freebie dailies to the single-client crowd when they're polite and I run across them. Does that make you sad? Either way, it's kind of hilarious how wrong that entire tangent is. Keep trying to insult me if you really want to, but you'll keep failing, especially if you keep taking such wildly wrong potshots.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
"
TheLastZica wrote:
It really does say it all how much most of you guys incessantly resort to name-calling with no point whatsoever rather than actually address the points or be realistic. Mocking people doesn't make you right. It does leave you wide open to the same in kind, however. Again: You are a major part of why PvP will likely never realize any significant fraction of the potential it has. You can stop characterizing me as hating PvP just because I'm realistic about how hard it's going to be to ever get it meaningfully fixed anytime, too. Feel free to characterize me as disliking quite a few of you individually because you're clearly part of the problem, though. That would actually be true.

And Mulla, part of what I'm replying to is the people who ARE delusional and think the devs are giving major consideration to pvp balance instead of admitting they're beggars getting scraps that are mostly based on PvE. Look at the thread. There are several. They're completely out of touch with reality. Nice to see you aren't. Pity more of the PvP'ers aren't more like you and less like the people my first paragraph addresses.

Oh and for reference, dailies? I hand those to myself daily on the accounts I want them on, just like a lot of other people. I certainly don't need help - yours or anyone else's - to get them done. If you're among those sad players who get off on trying to keep the poor schmucks who can't/don't multi-instance from getting their dailies, well, that only further reflects on the type of person you are. Personally, I tend to hand out freebie dailies to the single-client crowd when they're polite and I run across them. Does that make you sad? Either way, it's kind of hilarious how wrong that entire tangent is. Keep trying to insult me if you really want to, but you'll keep failing, especially if you keep taking such wildly wrong potshots.

Soooo... Basically you ignored the valid points made since your last post, made no actual point yourself, focused only on the negative feedback you got for your awful dismissive attitude and tried to suck up to Mulla to get him on your side.

Nice.

You're a top notch guy.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847

"
TheLastZica wrote:

poor little thing :(

wanna hug? <3

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Sep 10, 2016, 1:49:41 AM
"
1Tokimeki2003 wrote:
"
Head_Less wrote:
how is bear trap working in pve? DO it also 1 shot bosseS?

"
Simplesim45 wrote:

And...let's not talk about spark lol (I feel a great shame. I'm sorry people! I really am)

yesterday in Sarn was thus guy FX_Taranis, he one shotted everyone but sonehagal in sarn with spark using warp to shotgun ppl on their face . I would think spark still good when speced for pvp.

I heard, Sidro, has a secret Bear traps experiment for PVE~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13At6NoK0mo

Incase anyone missed it on reddit.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Nice job exposing the deeps sidro!
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info