Inevitable Judgement 'fix' is poorly made

"
Firebitch and plexus dropping truth up in here.

EFFBFBFBFBFBFVF, who are you in game? What's your IGN?

Something tells me it's head_high lol
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
No he's firestick2000
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
I'm so glad I don't have to level a templar now :D
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
GGG has a habit of combining too many nerfs that target one thing in one patch.

I would have liked to see how the new chest that lets players take no additional damage from critical hits changed the pvp meta first. Inquisitor needs significant crit investment to get that penetration and the chest voids the critical damage multiplier. It may have been enough to balance inquisitor (and there's not even that many inquisitors in the top 200 pvp leaderboards in any mode on any server).

I'm not sure why it needs to go from 100% to 0% either. They could have given it a reduced effect on players, for example. Pathfinder gets 25% penetration from vinktar + ascendancy. Elementalist gets 25%, hierophant 20%, saboteur 10%, chieftain 10%, scion up to 11%. Inquisitor goes to 0% and ya'll are like it's balanced? Where's the objectivity?

I like to see options not a small set of very OP stuff with everything else being trash. They didn't need to make the ascendancy trash to balance it.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Sep 1, 2016, 4:31:34 PM
"
Vhlad wrote:
GGG has a habit of combining too many nerfs that target one thing in one patch.

I would have liked to see how the new chest that lets players take no additional damage from critical hits changed the pvp meta first. Inquisitor needs significant crit investment to get that penetration and the chest voids the critical damage multiplier. It may have been enough to balance inquisitor (and there's not even that many inquisitors in the top 200 pvp leaderboards in any mode on any server).

I'm not sure why it needs to go from 100% to 0% either. They could have given it a reduced effect on players, for example. Pathfinder gets 25% penetration from vinktar + ascendancy.

I like to see options not a small set of very OP stuff with everything else being trash. They didn't need to make the ascendancy trash to balance it.

You're acting like every single player's gonna be running around with that shit, and every player who feels targeted by nerfs has these weird, knee-jerk reactions to their problematic mechanics being stopped. Crit's been something good for a long time, it's not suddenly gonna be COMPLETELY useless, you just gotta figure out a way to make that shit work.
And the reason there's not a lot of inquisitors in PVP leaderboards is 'cause they're all getting 1-shot by Lightning Arrow users.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Last edited by I_am_Upset on Sep 1, 2016, 4:37:51 PM
My guess is that they'll target inquisitor after this league and fix it then. All the PvE crowd is surprised inquisitor made it through another patch, but then again everyone was surprised CoC lasted as long as it did. I think them disabling it in pvp until they can get a grip on it is the responsible thing to do. Put your pants on and pick a different class ;)
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
I'm happy it was targeted because it needed some adjustment (it's why I made inquisitor to begin with), but GGG could have done better here.

Anyway, I have great plans for my Templar. It's time for 5x totem hierophant with cluster trap. You're walking along and all of a sudden BAM, 5x ancestral totem whack you like the mole you are. Or 5x flame dash totem.

It will do no damage but it will be funny. And for pve coop trolling, 5x portal spell totem with movement speed will be a beautiful thing to behold (spell totem portals are targeted on top of the player).
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
I'm happy they started making fixes that affect PvP in a good way, meta changing and all, but it also seems too partial, leaving too much overpowered stuff in. Anti crit chest + inqusitor full disable is together a too big nerf for self casters, and as simplesim asked even before we saw the inquisitor nerf for a spell that will be a viable in 2.4 against T1 builds.

Sadly as I see it atm the viability of self cast will be very bad in 2.4 compared to traps and mines.

Self cast has the advantage of applying damage much faster, rushing people, or getting better range / aoe, while traps and mines have a much higher burst damage through applying multiple hits at the same time and getting additional modifiers through supports and passives that stack with spell damage or elemental damage.

Conversion talismans comes much more into play now that inqusitor is destroyed, and that combined with other counters which affect both, traps and mines still have enough spare damage to oneshot people, while self casters will be much easier to kite or outheal.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
To be honest the fix is indeed poorly made, they should have left some % penetration no matter what.

Now it makes the whole class useless, and casters dont have any ways to make use of crit against the new ''broken armor that mitigates crit completely''... and ontop of that they can put on conversions talismans... i can see casters being very weak in the upcoming meta.

Sure we got skill buffs but that's not going to be enough imo.

40% would have been fine so it gives a free gem slot sort of.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Sep 1, 2016, 6:46:01 PM
Psst.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1682118

I published a LA build, And Guess what? It got Nerfed.

:3

Same happened to ALL of my Other guides, LLBMST, PA etc.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Sep 1, 2016, 6:49:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info