[2.5] Freezing Pulse Inquisitor. Perma-Freeze everything including Tier 15 bosses. 250K DPS.

Why aren't you using ES boots @ThatsSoGoodman ?
With vorici it's easy to color i think
"
TryKilleR wrote:
Why aren't you using ES boots @ThatsSoGoodman ?
With vorici it's easy to color i think
My resist requirements are pretty tight, I bought some rare boots with the right resists but I still have to run lab a few times to get the leech enchant on them. I got a crystal belt so I'm up past 9k ES now, with the boots I'll be at about 9.5k.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
@thatssogoodman
1.Flask with poison flask removal would be great?
2.If you're using mana leech to sustain your mana , why you've picked mana regen etc etc?
3.What do you think about using any unical flasks?
Hi, I followed this guide as a newbie playing PoE for the first time, and I'm getting my face wrecked by seemingly freeze immune elites/bosses on maps (either that or I'm not dealing enough damage even with diamond flask up, which shouldn't matter since crits inherently freeze 100%).

Also, I have trouble dealing with reflect mobs because I guess I'm not used to looking at their attributes and the aura isn't as easy to see as the physical reflect one. How do you keep your golem up? It seems to die quickly and that means I can't keep Vaal Disc on my slots.

I have 4.2k HP, 422 ES (lol).

Freezing Pulse with all buffs up, no charges/flask:

My character is Thorai:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Thoraine/characters

Do you have any tips?
Last edited by Thoraine on Sep 18, 2016, 1:01:16 PM
"
Thoraine wrote:
Hi, I followed this guide as a newbie playing PoE for the first time, and I'm getting my face wrecked by seemingly freeze immune elites/bosses on maps (either that or I'm not dealing enough damage even with diamond flask up, which shouldn't matter since crits inherently freeze 100%).

Also, I have trouble dealing with reflect mobs because I guess I'm not used to looking at their attributes and the aura isn't as easy to see as the physical reflect one. How do you keep your golem up? It seems to die quickly and that means I can't keep Vaal Disc on my slots.

I have 4.2k HP, 422 ES (lol).

Freezing Pulse with all buffs up, no charges/flask:

My character is Thorai:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Thoraine/characters

Do you have any tips?

first off what is your tool tip?

also about freezing: dealing a critical strike doesn't mean you will freeze the enemy. It will depends on this: "Base freeze duration is 60 milliseconds for every 1% of the target's maximum life (before party scaling) dealt by Cold damage, up to a maximum of 50%. If the duration would be below 0.3 seconds, the freeze effect is not applied". So, the amount of damage dealt is extremely important for achieving perma-freeze on enemies.

also you should get a granite flask and a rumi's to help you reduce phys damage

as for elemental reflect mobs you should notice you lose a chunk of life if your hit it off your screen so it should be a warning to look out for a possible ele reflect mob and just throw ice traps on it(its a lil slow but w.e gets the job done).

what is your resistance when you go into a map? are they capped?

if you can get a 6L armor with high life and ES. it will help

also get some jewels and you dont need trap dmg % on your jewel you need to focus on your FP dmg

hope this helps
"
TryKilleR wrote:
@thatssogoodman
1.Flask with poison flask removal would be great?
2.If you're using mana leech to sustain your mana , why you've picked mana regen etc etc?
3.What do you think about using any unical flasks?
1) I'm CI, so poison doesn't mean nothing :)
2) The mana leech mostly helps vs single targets. The way I actually sustain my mana is the Pious Path node, which grants 4% base mana regen while on consecrated ground. I use the Sulphur flasks like mana flasks, which also give status immunity, 25% cast speed and 90% damage.
3) I've been thinking about what unique flask to use, to replace the Sapphire flask I carry around for reflect. I think either Rumi's Concoction or Taste of Hate would be good in that slot, especially Taste, since it gives physical mitigation. Vinktar's is always an option, too. For now, there are things I would rather spend my money on. For example, an expensive shield or helm would be a huge upgrade over the ones I have.

@Thoraine: I think you should change up your gems a little bit. Crit Strikes, Faster Projectiles, and GMP are all not damage multipliers. Crit Strikes and GMP are pretty necessary -- and by the way, you should carry around an Added Cold Damage gem to swap out for GMP on bosses! You can level it in an offhand weapon, and then weaponswap to change out the gems before a tough boss; gems in offhand weapons still gain experience. So, only Faster Projectiles is left as a gem that can be cut... I'd fiddle around with Pierce, Controlled Destruction (if your crit chance is high enough), etc and see what you like best, but make sure it's something that says %MORE damage.
Fast Proj helps your clear-speed, but damage per cast is of the highest importance, or you won't freeze bosses.

Also when you fight bosses, are you standing in melee range? With FP you have to. Freezing Pulse's damage decreases based on the projectile's range. You should be standing right in boss's faces to maximize your freeze damage, and use Whirling blades to dodge when you need to.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
@CatInASuit not sure what you mean by tooltip. Thought I posted a pic of my offensive stats of my FP, with a dps of 39k.

You are right that I'm gimping my defensive stats with a tabula rasa but i got that from a drop so it was a blessing to me. Proper 6ls are pretty pricey for me atm. I will keep my eyes peeled for better jewels but the one in my tree is mostly for the other two lines.

@ThatsSoGoodMan i have added cold linked to my ice trap to swap out when I need to haha.My crit chance is 80% atm so with Controlled Destruction I'd probably be around 72%. Kinda wary of standing in Melee range of the boss as I'm not very used to what they can do yet.
Last edited by Thoraine on Sep 18, 2016, 6:39:20 PM
"
Thoraine wrote:
@CatInASuit not sure what you mean by tooltip. Thought I posted a pic of my offensive stats of my FP, with a dps of 39k.

You are right that I'm gimping my defensive stats with a tabula rasa but i got that from a drop so it was a blessing to me. Proper 6ls are pretty pricey for me atm. I will keep my eyes peeled for better jewels but the one in my tree is mostly for the other two lines.

@ThatsSoGoodMan i have added cold linked to my ice trap to swap out when I need to haha.My crit chance is 80% atm so with Controlled Destruction I'd probably be around 72%. Kinda wary of standing in Melee range of the boss as I'm not very used to what they can do yet.

link to your tooltip for me is broken, im currently at 90k roughly, it looks like what your lacking in is crit multi for your damage output

heres a link to my characters gear to give you a rough idea name is FreezeNCrit: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/CatInASuit/characters
Last edited by CatInASuit on Sep 18, 2016, 9:30:38 PM
Here's my tooltip on imgur.

Not sure how I can get more crit multi without breaking the bank. Crafted the wrong mod on my dagger too and not sure who I can trust to help me unmod it.

I'll check your character out when I'm home.
Last edited by Thoraine on Sep 18, 2016, 10:37:01 PM
Which gems would you run for a 5link?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info