[2.5] Freezing Pulse Inquisitor. Perma-Freeze everything including Tier 15 bosses. 250K DPS.

"
DGTLDaemon wrote:
Got a bunch of questions, this is my second build in this game after a TS ranger, so I'm new to CI/ES builds:
1) The gear shown in the original post has a bunch of "+ maximum life". Why do we need it if we're using Chaos Innoculation anyway?
2) The First Snow jewel description says "40 intelligence in radius". Does that mean 40 allocated intelligence in radius, or just a total of 40 int nodes, regardless of whether they are allocated or not?
3) If I want to abandon the HoI + CoH setup and just run Warlord's Mark + Assassin's Mark with Blasphemy for better reliability, can I link both of them to a single Blasphemy support, or do I need two separate setups for Warlord's Mark and Assassin's Mark?
4) Is there anything wrong with running CWDT + Immortal Call + Increased Duration + Enfeeble/Temporal Chains? The original post suggests CWDT + Frost Wall + Enfeeble + Warlord's Mark, but I'm used to using IC on my ranger, and it works quite well. Also, if I already have Warlord's Mark and Assassin's Mark running, doesn't it mean that I've reached the limit on my curses, even with the appropriate curse node? So Enfeeble or Temporal Chains will have no effect?
5) How critical is the Valyrium ring for this build? I really dislike the penalty to cold resistance. I haven't used any special means of mitigating stun on my ranger, and I didn't seem to have any problems with stuns. Why do we need it with this build?

ad1) The +life doesn't matter because we're indeed full ES with CI.
ad2) Allocated means allocated. ;) There need to be at least 40 Int on nodes that you have skilled.
ad3) Every curse linked with a single Blashemy can be cast as an Aura, so you need only one.
ad4)
Feel free to try different CWDT setups. I replaced Frostwall with other gems, e.g. Phase run, for some time, and in party play it trapped and killed my mates on more than one occasion. But in general it's alright.

Towards the curse questions. Yes, if you can have at most 2 curses active and the CWDT triggered a third one, then one of the 2 other will be overwritten. So when you attack you apply certain curses, when you get hit you apply a defensive curse, but once you are safe and attack again the original 2 curses are reapplied.

Additionally, I don't use Enfeeble or Assassins Mark in my setup anymore as I followed a suggestion from a couple pages back in this thread, where someone posted a 1 curse setup (freeing up quite some points). Thus, in my boots there is only CWDT-Immortal Call-Frostwall (and a Vaal Skill) and the single curse is in my Shield, where I have CWDT-Warlords Mark (and another Vaal gem).

ad5) I've played for so long with this ring, that I can't remember that well how playing felt before. But getting stunned was unhandy sometimes as far as I remember.
this is a great build to play, but it would be nice to have a couple "leveling" passive trees to show what you go for first. its usually defenses before damage but sometimes it matters what order the passives are taken... and some early lvling skill gem setups could be nice too... for newer players. :)
I really wanted to play freezing pulse all the way and with the new threshold jewels It was a no brainer. I was playing a few diff specs this league, last one was HOWA. I have to say this plays very similar to howa with its strength/weaknesses but its 1000x less expensive to gear.

I am currently in the middle of min/maxing this and here is my input.

If you can get skyforth, they are amazing for the power charges in this build. This opens up stun resistance so you can use jewelry for other things. Snakepit is a great ring for this build to start off with, even two of them is noticeable. But, Deafening essence of Hatred is amazing to craft with. Its super cheap, like 2c each cheap, and you can spam the heck out of them on jewelry to get some amazing results. My current necklace has over 30% cold dmg, 20% crit multi, and over 20% spell damage on it. This blows other options out of the water and was almost a 20k dps increase alone. I can multimod Es/ES% on it still.

This also goes for rings. Get a max crit rating ring and use essences on it to get cold% / stats / res / es on it.

Get a ilvl 84+ shield (titanium or a good spell dmg one) and use deafening essence of scorn on it. This will give you 110%+ crit chance. My current one is pretty good, almost 400ES with tons of crit on it but far from ideal. This one is way more expensive (4-7C each) because you also want to craft spell dmg on it too. It's really hard to get spell dmg on a shield with high ES. You can put massive currency into getting a perfect shield with high ES, crit, spell dmg and enough for 1 spot to craft cast speed on it. But if you do, it'll be godlike for this builds dps.

Of course, the new jewels allow you to get GMP without the dmg reduction multiplier, as well as them having up to 10% projectile dmg each and shatter dmg increases baked into them. This opens up 1 gem slot. I currently use this setup for max clear speed and dps:

21/20 Freezing Pulse
Faster Projectiles -> swap out to slower projectiles for high tier bosses. For endgame bosses that are immune to freeze you can use elemental focus for even crazier dmg.
Empower 4
Controlled destruction
Inc Crit
Inc Crit Multi

My gear still has a ton of room for improvement and I have a big dmg cluster coming up to take. I'm over 11k ES in shoddy gear, I could easily break 14-15k with more nodes and top notch gear. My dps unbuffed with nothing up is over 150k already. I can see with perfect crafting and fine tuning that this build could break 600k quite easily with the new jewels.
OK, after reading about all these crazy DPS numbers, I've got one question: what the hell am I doing wrong here? I'm currently level 69, and I'm sitting on just 45k DPS unbuffed. OK, my gems are not completely levelled up yet, my freezing pulse is just lvl 18, and I'm missing a couple of damage nodes on the skill tree, but those aren't gonna double or triple my DPS. My gear is pretty close to what is linked in the original post, and I'm using the same gem links except for Faster Projectiles insteald of LMP (since I'm using the First Snow jewels and don't need LMP). Can someone take a look at my inquistor in my profile and tell me what's wrong with him?
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
Last edited by DGTLDaemon on Apr 17, 2017, 11:02:48 AM
"
DGTLDaemon wrote:
OK, after reading about all these crazy DPS numbers, I've got one question: what the hell am I doing wrong here? I'm currently level 69, and I'm sitting on just 45k DPS unbuffed. OK, my gems are not completely levelled up yet, my freezing pulse is just lvl 18, and I'm missing a couple of damage nodes on the skill tree, but those aren't gonna double or triple my DPS. My gear is pretty close to what is linked in the original post, and I'm using the same gem links except for Faster Projectiles insteald of LMP (since I'm using the First Snow jewels and don't need LMP). Can someone take a look at my inquistor in my profile and tell me what's wrong with him?

Read my post above yours I listed some tips. I actually dropped essence crafting on diamond rings and instead did opal rings. Opal gets up to 25% elemental damage coupled with 33% cold dmg from the essence. My dmg jumped a lot doing this. Get the rest of the damage clusters, use both new first snow jewels and don't use lesser/greater projectiles. They both lower your damage. Use empower or faster projectiles instead. Also gen quality and level make big differences in your damage as well. Good luck! Still working on min/maxing it myself. I'm already way higher damage then my HOWA char was as 1/10th the price. It's really strong.
"
DGTLDaemon wrote:

It looks pretty good already. I'm sitting at 75-80k unbuffed and the gem level should not be underestimated. It will provide a couple k damage. And I see that you don't have any Jewels besides the Threshhold ones. Those will provide anonther couple k.
All these small improvements will sum up.

But even without the highest unbuffed DPS you're are still missing 4 Ascendency points, and especially Instruments of Virtue triggered by Whirling blades is a great damage buff.
(And as always I suggest looking through the last 10 pages of this thread for some alternative setups. I too play one of those.)
Hi

Where is the leech coming from?
"
BreadBreadOH wrote:
Hi

Where is the leech coming from?

From Warlord's Mark. For trash mobs, it's triggered by the HoI + CoH + Warlord's Mark setup. For bosses, you either have to hot-swap to Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark as the original guide suggests, or cast Warlord's Mark manually (which is what I'm doing, since I figured it's less hassle than hot-swapping). Another alternative that was suggested in this thread is to use CWDT + Warlord's Mark and rely on being hit in boss fights to trigger your curse.
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
Just a heads up to an earlier post, right now actually you don't need the 40 int -allocated- in first snow radius, there just needs to be 40 int worth of nodes. GGG said they are trying this, who knows if it stays that way. All the threshold jewels currently act the same.
Last edited by velcroshooz on Apr 22, 2017, 4:28:33 PM
I just completed Hall of Grandmasters with this build. There was one block chance tank that was a pain in the ass (which I ended up shotgunning him with Arctic Breath) but apart of that it was an easy run.
Permafreeze ftw!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info