[2.5] Freezing Pulse Inquisitor. Perma-Freeze everything including Tier 15 bosses. 250K DPS.

"
Which gems would you run for a 5link?

i guess you need a 6 link for this build !!! buy a cheap 6 link ...!

another question ..
can you do Atziri with this build???

Somebody did atziri already ???

Any tips for her ?

i am a noob atziri player

"
Which gems would you run for a 5link?
Personally I'd go FP - GMP / added cold (for single target) - Crit Strikes - Crit Damage - Controlled Destruction/Spell Echo based on preference. I like the base damage that Controlled Destruction provides, and I don't like Spell Echo without a LOT of cast speed to make it feel smoother. I played that gem lineup up to level 86 or so, when I 6-L'ed my Beast Fur Shawl in 33fus (:D)

@Cajun - I'd expect this build to be worse at Atziri than other builds b/c Atziri can't be frozen, so for an Atziri noob who wants to farm Atziri I'd recommend a different build, like BV poison... But if you're clearing T8-9 maps comfortably, I don't think it should be too difficult to take her down. It just won't be as easy as with some other builds.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Last edited by ThatsSoGoodman on Sep 20, 2016, 5:27:50 AM
@thatssogoodman -> What do you think about this skilgem setup ? FP -> GMP -> Spell Echo -> Crit Chance -> Crit Dmg -> Added Cold
@OP

Just wondering, what is the toughest boss you've been able to keep perma-frozen? Have you tried T14+ map bosses?
Fresh builds all day.
"

@Cajun - I'd expect this build to be worse at Atziri than other builds b/c Atziri can't be frozen, so for an Atziri noob who wants to farm Atziri I'd recommend a different build, like BV poison... But if you're clearing T8-9 maps comfortably, I don't think it should be too difficult to take her down. It just won't be as easy as with some other builds.

ok thank you im gonna try ...!!

@DarthPwn : who do you mean with "OP" ??
Last edited by Cajun82 on Sep 20, 2016, 8:31:35 PM
"
TryKilleR wrote:
@thatssogoodman -> What do you think about this skilgem setup ? FP -> GMP -> Spell Echo -> Crit Chance -> Crit Dmg -> Added Cold
That should be fine! Added cold is a ~25% damage boost iirc, so it's less damage than Controlled Destruction but you crit more consistently than CD. With your 6L setup, for single-target, I think you'd want to swap in Pierce or maybe Hypothermia for GMP.

General update, I reorganized my gems yesterday so now I'm running Vaal Lightning Trap. VLT is SO good for this build, it allowed me to perma-freeze T14 Dominus both forms. I highly recommend using VLT.

I also started using Cold Snap+Elemental Prolif in my cwdt setup with immortal call (cwdt gem level 10 / Cold snap level 15 seems to be working well enough). The way it works is, you get hit by some mobs and proc Cwdt, and instantly cold snap freezes the pack of mobs that hit you, and since cold snap has 30% inherent freeze chance the freeze is almost guaranteed if you hit a few mobs with it. Then the mobs can't damage you anymore and you can kill them at your leisure. I really like this setup because it makes it safer to whirl into the middle of a pack; you don't have to position as carefully because things get auto-frozen.

@DarthPwn, I'm not OP (original poster), but so far I've frozen all (that I can remember) bosses up to T14. If I had an extra 3ex I could buy a better dagger with +cold to spells and higher crit multi; I'm also levelling up gems to try for lvl 21 Freezing Pulse, which will be about a 10% damage boost when I get it. The only things that can prevent me from freeze-locking are enfeeble, monster life, and status avoidance mods, but usually even those aren't an issue unless they're stacked. I have to say I was surprised when I could freeze Palace Dominus in both forms!
I don't understand, why would you wanna put pierce on FP when that spell pierce by default? what's the point of using that=

"

I changed faster proj with lvl 19 20% controlled destruction, and I make like 10k more dps both with gmp and add cold dmg.

Also what do you think about "Gifts from Above " unique ring, is it worth it?
"
haloja wrote:
I don't understand, why would you wanna put pierce on FP when that spell pierce by default? what's the point of using that=

"

I changed faster proj with lvl 19 20% controlled destruction, and I make like 10k more dps both with gmp and add cold dmg.

Also what do you think about "Gifts from Above " unique ring, is it worth it?
For the 19% damage multiplier, that's the only reason.

Gifts from Above would be awesome, I completely forgot about that ring! But, I don't think I could run it myself, because I'm already using Valyrium and need the other ring for resists... If the rest of your gear is tip-top GG gear with high resists, then maybe you could run both unique rings, or replace the ammy with Chayula perhaps. Good suggestion, I have to figure out how to fit that into the build...
I found iron will contribute a lot to damage output while levelling. Using a 4-link now with spell echo, improved crits and iron will. Lack of multiple projectiles doesn't seem to slow me down at this point. I'm nowhere near endgame yet (lvl53) and I wonder what you guys think about this.
What is your Vaal Lightning Trap setup?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info