[2.5] Freezing Pulse Inquisitor. Perma-Freeze everything including Tier 15 bosses. 250K DPS.

"
ClaudioSala wrote:
Hello. I'm trying this build in Essence League but I'm facing some problems. I don't understand if they are due to the fact I'm a noob player, or are relatet to bosses changes in 2.4 maps.

Here is a link to my character:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ClaudioSala/characters

Basically running tier 6-7-8 maps (but I had the same problem in tier 3-4-5 with the 5L chest), I'm not able to permafrost bosses and I usually take huge amount of damages. I was forced to replace increased duration with Immortal Call in the helmet socket and I removed MOM because I find myself OOM with half life too many times.
Your gear's pretty good but there are two things I would fix:
1) not scaling spell/cold/projectile damage high enough, I think you're prioritizing crit multi over inc damage but it's easier to get enough %multi than just %inc. If you have enough crit, you could even consider going something like a Catalyst instead of your offhand dagger, since that would give a huge boost to your base damage.
2) most or all of your added damage to spells is Fire damage, so you're not doing enough cold damage. Lightning damage could also be good, but in general you want to be doing pure cold with FP. Other damage types don't affect your maximum freezing damage potential, so they don't matter as much.

From experience, I'll tell you that my Inquis build got MUCH stronger after uber lab, it wasn't exactly comfortable to play before that, bosses were still dangerous etc. I used my other 4 ascendancies on the Pious Path ones, also I went CI, so for me uber lab granted me double ES regen (ZO with Beast Fur Shawl, have 14% ES regen/s now, Vaal Disc makes me unkillable with 12k health 5k regen) while solving my mana problems and making me status-immune. The Pious Path node even grants cast speed, so it's not a total damage loss. I don't remember when they buffed those nodes, but they're definitely worth considering, even on an MoM build because 4% base mana regen is a lot, but as I said, this is all post uber-lab. You can check out my character, Ice Pops, if you want. I haven't broken into red maps more than once or twice yet, so I can't say how high it scales, but I'm comfortably freeze-locking bosses up to T11 at least (in non-monster life/enfeeble maps anyway).

edit: by the way, the boot enchant "life/mana leech if killed recently" is pretty amazing, it's my only source of either leech yet I'm leeching both just fine, and I'm only using the Merc lab tier.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Last edited by ThatsSoGoodman on Sep 15, 2016, 5:15:13 PM
So I'm following this build and I'm getting my ass raped.

My char is lvl 82 and it only has 3.6k life and like 700 es with all res capped, this is hard specially when it come to map bosses, almost all of them 2-3 shot me (tier 3-4)

You can see my designatedshitStreet char here
Last edited by haloja on Sep 15, 2016, 10:21:28 PM
"
haloja wrote:

My char is lvl 82 and it only has 3.6k life and like 700 es with all res capped, this is hard specially when it come to map bosses, almost all of them 2-3 shot me (tier 3-4)

Gotta make it public, I can't see it!
"
Cajun82 wrote:
"
mas_mariano wrote:
Because when CWDT is triggered, you cast a frost wall and enfeeble enemies around you. Of course, all gems should be leveled according to CWDT restrictions.

Ok got it my mistake !!
THX
nice build !!

"
ClaudioSala wrote:
Hello. I'm trying this build in Essence League but I'm facing some problems. I don't understand if they are due to the fact I'm a noob player, or are relatet to bosses changes in 2.4 maps.

Basically running tier 6-7-8 maps (but I had the same problem in tier 3-4-5 with the 5L chest), I'm not able to permafrost bosses and I usually take huge amount of damages. I was forced to replace increased duration with Immortal Call in the helmet socket and I removed MOM because I find myself OOM with half life too many times.

I dont know ..i guess you need some more dmg ... look at my character i can do easy t9 and even t10 !!

i have no t11 map yet but i guess its ok...
And you need MOM ..without you gonna die! How much Mana and Life and shield do you have? And how much dps on FP ?

I currently have 4.3k life, 1.7k ES, 1.7k Mana. I have 470 mana pool left with Herald of Ice, Purity of Ice and Clarity up.
The tooltip of Freezing Pulse with the buff above and Ice golem shows 54k DPS with GMP and 87k with added cold damage; Critical Strike change with FP is 75% and Critical Strike Multiplier is 490%. I'm quite sure that fully buffed and with flask I'm quite near 95% cap for Critical strike chance and above 100k dps.
I'm not saying I cannot run tier 7-8-9 map; I'm saying I cannot run most of them easy; bosses hit me really hard and a lot of affixes are really annoying (Elemental Reflect, no regen, hexproof)
"
"
ClaudioSala wrote:

Your gear's pretty good but there are two things I would fix:
1) not scaling spell/cold/projectile damage high enough, I think you're prioritizing crit multi over inc damage but it's easier to get enough %multi than just %inc. If you have enough crit, you could even consider going something like a Catalyst instead of your offhand dagger, since that would give a huge boost to your base damage.
2) most or all of your added damage to spells is Fire damage, so you're not doing enough cold damage. Lightning damage could also be good, but in general you want to be doing pure cold with FP. Other damage types don't affect your maximum freezing damage potential, so they don't matter as much.

From experience, I'll tell you that my Inquis build got MUCH stronger after uber lab, it wasn't exactly comfortable to play before that, bosses were still dangerous etc. I used my other 4 ascendancies on the Pious Path ones, also I went CI, so for me uber lab granted me double ES regen (ZO with Beast Fur Shawl, have 14% ES regen/s now, Vaal Disc makes me unkillable with 12k health 5k regen) while solving my mana problems and making me status-immune. The Pious Path node even grants cast speed, so it's not a total damage loss. I don't remember when they buffed those nodes, but they're definitely worth considering, even on an MoM build because 4% base mana regen is a lot, but as I said, this is all post uber-lab. You can check out my character, Ice Pops, if you want. I haven't broken into red maps more than once or twice yet, so I can't say how high it scales, but I'm comfortably freeze-locking bosses up to T11 at least (in non-monster life/enfeeble maps anyway).

edit: by the way, the boot enchant "life/mana leech if killed recently" is pretty amazing, it's my only source of either leech yet I'm leeching both just fine, and I'm only using the Merc lab tier.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm surely going to replace the 2 daggers as soon as I have enought currency for that. Your build look really nice but it needs a big respec as far as I understand
"
ClaudioSala wrote:
Thanks for your suggestions. I'm surely going to replace the 2 daggers as soon as I have enought currency for that. Your build look really nice but it needs a big respec as far as I understand
Yeah I didn't mean to suggest you should switch to my build, I just kind of went off on a tangent there... Those daggers are pretty nice, but I think they're nicer for a different build than FP.

One last thing to look out for is Freeze Duration, it's like a More multiplier on freezing damage (not the damage itself, but its ability to freeze gets multiplied). It's not widely available, only on a couple passive nodes and on jewels, but (in my opinion) it's worth picking up anywhere you can get it for cheap. E.g. your jewels look good for right now, but when you do upgrade them you could think about looking for freeze duration. Just something to keep in mind.
"
"
haloja wrote:

fixed
@ThatsSoGoodman
At the beggining i wanted to say sorry for my english but i think we can cooperate.
Im trying to make your build -> FP CRIT ES INQUISITOR but i devised that we can take mod from tree -> "overcharged" -> 12% chance to gain power,endurance and frenzy charge on kill. With this we can replace assasins mark with other curse , we have % dmg reduction, more as , more cast speed. What do you think about it?
im playing always in HC and i want to try this build but i want to learn, this build available for HC ? how is coming reflects? eating too much hp's ?

*anyone died from reflect ?
"
haloja wrote:
"
"
haloja wrote:

fixed
Hm, I'm not sure why your life is so low. Your gear mostly has life on it, and you're not low-level, so I'm surprised you're below 4k life. Regardless, that's something to fix. You can replace your rings and belt with jewelry with higher life on it, and you can refund the Mind Drinker and Infused nodes to get Blood Drinker for more life. Also, your Maelstrom Pillar jewel in Templar could be replaced with a jewel with life on it.
Here's a tree with some modifications to increase your survivability, see what you think. It's 6 points off from your current tree, and gives +14% life, +8% mana, +20% mana regen in exchange for -1 power charge, -8% ele damage (the node next to Elementalist in templar start). You're running double daggers with a diamond flask, so you should still have more than enough crit.

That should fix life. I also have to add, you didn't mention how much mana you have, but with MoM you want to have at least 43% of your life total as unreserved mana. With 4.5k life, that's almost 2k mana, so you might have to drop Herald of Ice, and proc Ass Mark some other way.

If you're getting hit, I assume you're not ~perma-freezing bosses, and that means that you probably need to drop Faster Projectiles for a gem with more damage. Pierce is a green gem, or if you recolor it to blue, I think you have enough crit to run Controlled Destruction. I see you have Added Cold in your gloves, I assume you swap that with GMP for bosses? For me, I have enough damage to mostly-freeze bosses up to T11, I usually freeze bosses at least once or twice during every attack they make so it's easy to dodge with WB. I'm running FP - GMP/Added Cold - Crit Strikes - Cont. Destr. - Crit Damage, and my planned 6th link is Faster Casting or Echo. I personally am not a fan of spell echo, it locks me in place too much and slightly reduces my freeze potential; in a 6-link it'd probably be fine I guess.

Let me know what you think, and if you continue having problems!

"
TryKilleR wrote:
@ThatsSoGoodman
At the beggining i wanted to say sorry for my english but i think we can cooperate.
Im trying to make your build -> FP CRIT ES INQUISITOR but i devised that we can take mod from tree -> "overcharged" -> 12% chance to gain power,endurance and frenzy charge on kill. With this we can replace assasins mark with other curse , we have % dmg reduction, more as , more cast speed. What do you think about it?
I haven't tried those nodes, they're only 4 points away so they would be within reach. Since Overcharged gives Frenzy Charges, it would probably be fine to drop some damage nodes to pick it up. The only thing that might be a problem is that it only gives 12% chance to give 1 of 3 different types of charges, which is an average of 1 charge of each type per 25 kills. I don't know if that would be enough. But, there's enough upside (end. charge, frenzy charge, curse options) that it's definitely worth trying out, good idea! I'll burn some respecs and post back with results.

edit: Okay I tried out Overcharged. I ran some Dried Lake as well as some mid-tier maps, and I couldn't sustain endurance or frenzy charges (I used Ass Mark for pc's). I did get to max charges, but eventually I would hit a bad streak and the charges would fall back off. Therefore, for the CI version, I don't think those nodes will work. For life-based, they might work if you use the Restless Ward chestpiece, which is an interesting idea.
Last edited by ThatsSoGoodman on Sep 17, 2016, 10:47:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info