[2.5] Freezing Pulse Inquisitor. Perma-Freeze everything including Tier 15 bosses. 250K DPS.

"
DiamondSnake wrote:
Did read the guide again and I must say very solid and good work.
Think I will respec my templar for this build.

Frostwall for blocking hefty attacks looks very good thats why I asked about totems^^
But there can be risky situations I guess..get into fight takes a short time with no freeze effect. BUT whirling blades should fix this ?

Also gameplay is more active thats a + point compared to totems.

And freezing pulse is such a awesome spell. what could be better then freeze alot AND do alot dmg ?

Thanks, hope you enjoy the build.

About getting into a fight with no freeze effect: that's why I consider Diamond Flask as mandatory. You reach almost cap Crit Chance under two different situations, 4 power charges clearing mobs or diamond flask with no charges during a solo boss fight. In both scenarios, you freeze from the very beginning. If under any circumstances you don't freeze, you can quickly move thanks to whirling blades.
"
sotoran1 wrote:
How do you want to use MOM if I see no EB in tree? You want to use HERALD OF ICE + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark i don't understand from where are u trying to take your mana and using MOM as well... please explain if u can

First try was of course using MoM+EB as common sense told. But then I realized that you don't need MoM for tankiness, you just need it for dealing with only occasional sources of damage. You play all the time as far as you can from mobs or bosses and almost all the time, they are freeze.

Faster Projectiles support stays in FP setup because I wanted to make a truly ranged freezing pulse use.

Additionally, hybrid Life/ES gives you more survivability and you take MoM just for what you need, 30% damage reduction in the occasional hit you couldn't avoid.
"
"
sotoran1 wrote:
I think that faster projectile isn't require. Cold pen would be better because of we have got enough Faster Projectile modifier. Cold pen would give us better dmg , what do you think guys? Sry for my english , so bad.
Cold pen is bad, enemy resists are always 0 due to Inquisitor node, so penetrating resists doesn't matter. I've levelled Freeze Pulse before, Faster Projectiles is nice until you get a 20/20 FP gem (FP gets proj speed with level). Instead of Faster Proj, I recommend either Controlled Destruction or Added Cold.

Also tips on levelling, picking up a Bitterdream sceptre will really help the levelling, it gives the damage of a 6-link starting at level 30. Also I'm liking Frostbolt, it does slightly more damage and can hit at range, which is nice when I'm underlevelled and squishy. Lastly Decoy Totem is super-great and everyone should use it! It makes bosses a breeze.

About Faster Projectiles, it seems to me that 20/20 FP was not enough for having a truly ranged FP that hits hard at the edge of the screen. But if you remove faster projectiles support, I think Added Cold is the right choice. Imo, Controlled Destruction is not an option because you loose so much Crit Chance and you need to crit all the time, if not, you will not perma freeze bosses.

Tips on levelling much appreciated. Thanks!

"
diabloxxx400 wrote:
Just started this build, looks interesting hope it will be my coming back build. question why Templar and not shadow? because of inevitable judgment? because for crit shadow might be better because you almost reach it, but your build is your build. Just hope it will be updated constantly.

Hope you enjoy the build!

I choose Inquisitor because with gear/tree posted you already hit an almost capped Crit Chance. Practically you always crit. But, for a 100% elemental skill setup, Inevitable Judgement is just too great.

Enemies resistances set to 0% all time and additionally, when dealing with freeze, is not enough that you always crit, you need to deal a huge load of damage to cause freeze effect on high life bosses.
"
Loseyourmind wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWAx4EBwSzBUIHHgdjIoEJqgxSDkgPxBEtES8Rlp6hG8gc3B9BJpWOPCoLKwosnC0fMtHlizpYF1Q7fEGWRKtFR0WdSVFJsUyzUXRTUlVLVa5Vxl3yXyph4vnbZJ1MLWjyakNrF52ucFJ8S3yDf8aCEIKbg9uFMhEPidOLjIw2jumPGo-mj_pWSpJukyeVIJUulnSaO5rgpwiexKEvogCio6aZpr6nNKi5rrO4yrxWvOq-isBUwGbAmsCcwfPLvc_d0B_Q9dJ81abXz9n837Dhc-OE6-Tr7uv1Ow3tPO-I7-vwH_DV8YryHfk3-d1-xw==
slightly change for more dps -50%maxhp +116% cold damage too squishy or ok?

I don't see a good trade-off loosing Life for Storm Weaver/Heart of Ice cold damage increase. Life is already pretty tight, and damage is already really high. Plus, those nodes are pretty expensive for what you get.
"
ward3n41 wrote:
hi , noob here

can i follow this build if im a shadow character ?

Hi, guess not. This build is really based on Inquisitor ascendancy class. You could use some general concepts from this build, but no more than that.
"
Bawheidbob wrote:
"
Shtong wrote:
Quick question : why keep the cast on damage taken / frost wall / enfeeble et low level? what's the problem with leveling them above 1/10/5 ?

At a guess I would say to allow them to proc more often.

CWDT trigger depends on damage taken. At low level, will be triggered with low damage and scales while it levels. At level 1, triggered gems should be level 38 or lower.
"
Urdix wrote:
"
CosmicMidget wrote:
Been doing kinda similar build on HC Essence.

It more or less ok, but 2 points i'm right now unhappy with:

1) Leveling with FPulse is not easy, especially in act 4 normal and further. You really need your 5-6 link here.

2) Elemental reflect is a problem. I didn't try the trap yet which you proposed, but i nearly died in Cruel 3 or 4 times to reflect mobs.

Maybe i'm still quite nooby at this point, but hard to spot reflect mobs on the fly(i know i'ts white aura). So they really cause a lot of problems.

Trap works fine imo but it slows down the speed a bit. U can also use a sapphire flask and pop it, helps alot.
Ele reflect will be your enemy but im starting to learn to spot it and always keepeing an eye on my hp/es. To help u can add small hp/mana bars over your charachters head so u see if something is about do go wrong. I love this build, t11 maps with perma freeze right now and just getting stronger and stronger. dont give up, it rly rocks

Seems that elemental reflect mobs spawn way more often than on 2.3. Maybe is time to consider exchanging Arctic Armour with Purity of Ice to solve this problem. I suggest you give it a try.
"
nds2 wrote:
Hey there nice Build,

is this UberLab and Atziri viable?

Didn't try Atziri because of laziness, I'm pretty tired of Atziri, but I assume will be no problem at all.

About Uber lab, didn't try it because I respec a level 90 templar I got on Standard League, and will try it out directly on league (really bad luck with spawn of uber trials).

But, one important consideration, you don't need to rush uber lab at all, 4th ascendancy point is nice but not that great and not mandatory at all, at least I don't need it on 2.3 to deal with up to T13 maps (with the mediocre gear you see posted on guide).
"
brunowa wrote:
Build looks awesome... but can't help but think it would max out in T7-T10 maps.

Every boss changed on 2.4, so all need to be tested again, but with tree and mediocre gear posted, I perma freeze T13 bosses on 2.3 with no problem at all. I upload Springs map video because is a T11 boss with high life, and freeze depends on enemies life mostly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info