☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

"
AntSunrise wrote:
So, I am using PF right now. The whole flask thing is annoying. I am used to quicksilver but do not want to get rid of a life potion for that.Any tips on using flasks quickly?

Also, damage seems too low. My tree may be goofy. If any suggestions let me know. Also perhaps I should use belly instaed of Kaoms for flask buff and res?

With PF the playstyle is flask based. You could try adding a Wretch belt that increases your flask duration fairly significantly.

Actually have you swapped to Raider????

Either way you have 3 jeewl sockets within 2 points of your current routing. I'd drop heavy draw and cloth and chain for those jewel sockets. I would also seriously consider getting druidic rite and primal spirit for the increased flask charges gained / duration.

This build doesn't really use a life flask that often in my experience. With Vaal Pact / Atziri's Acuity you tend to be either moving / killing and leeching back up to full constantly or dead to a one-shot / stun / freeze....etc. Especially with Vinktar's up which it should be nearly always "active" on a fast clearing PF running a fairly linear map.

@Maciegk

Sorry, didn't ever get to 100 Chayula splinters!! If you need the drops from the chayula, ie: the blessing then I wouldn't run it. Just get someone in your guild to do it / buy a carry. If you can afford to fail it then sure, give it a go. Probably have an Atziri flask for it.....

Let me know how you get on :)
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:

@Maciegk

Sorry, didn't ever get to 100 Chayula splinters!! If you need the drops from the chayula, ie: the blessing then I wouldn't run it. Just get someone in your guild to do it / buy a carry. If you can afford to fail it then sure, give it a go. Probably have an Atziri flask for it.....

The point is Im playing SSF, cant ask anyone to run it for me ;) wanted to just see if I can manage and... I failed ;(
Clear was not bad, had 4 seconds left once, but made it to boss with around 15s on timer. Then boss.. first encounter was smooth, almost whole vinktar uptime + barrage at point blank range, over 1/4 hp of boss was down. But then, I had to tp back to refill flask. Once I got back, I got 2x 1 shoted (4,6k hp with 2x Ming's Heart). Rest portals would be enough if I use Kaom's Roots or other stun mitigation. Im pretty sure that what killed me was stuns from boss and his minions, I just started to deal dmg and then I got knocked/stunned/idk and die. If I could dmg him for whole vinktar uptime 3-4 times, it would be done. Anyways, had just 1 shot and unless I dont find chayula leaguestone I'm pretty sure I wont collect 100 splinters again on SSF.
hey, how did you get on 6k maximum life ? ive followed your build and all my equipment is pretty the same as yours besides AA , but my hp is somewhere around 3,5k. not sure what ive missed, could you give me some advice, where you're getting such a huge life boost
"
maciek2g wrote:

The point is Im playing SSF, cant ask anyone to run it for me ;) wanted to just see if I can manage and... I failed ;(

Sorry, lost track of who was SSF.

Yeah, getting stun-locked is definitely a problem at times. My golemancer uses a Kiara's Determination and there have been times I have tried running it on my raider as an oh-shit flask!!! Pretty good in breaches as it tends to refill rather quickly. Not great for bosses I would think unless you do have plenty of portals.....
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
"
AntSunrise wrote:
So, I am using PF right now. The whole flask thing is annoying. I am used to quicksilver but do not want to get rid of a life potion for that.Any tips on using flasks quickly?

Also, damage seems too low. My tree may be goofy. If any suggestions let me know. Also perhaps I should use belly instaed of Kaoms for flask buff and res?

With PF the playstyle is flask based. You could try adding a Wretch belt that increases your flask duration fairly significantly.

Actually have you swapped to Raider????

Either way you have 3 jeewl sockets within 2 points of your current routing. I'd drop heavy draw and cloth and chain for those jewel sockets. I would also seriously consider getting druidic rite and primal spirit for the increased flask charges gained / duration.

This build doesn't really use a life flask that often in my experience. With Vaal Pact / Atziri's Acuity you tend to be either moving / killing and leeching back up to full constantly or dead to a one-shot / stun / freeze....etc. Especially with Vinktar's up which it should be nearly always "active" on a fast clearing PF running a fairly linear map.

Yeah I went back to Raider but I m down for some tree help. Trying to use Path of Building but not sure how i can add rares I ue to it and still learning
On his helmet, Sarang put CoH, mark, HoI, and ice golem. To my knowledge, neither minions nor buffs work with CoH. Is that a mistake, or am I missing something? This is only from my experiences playing my level 50 pf.

Would the explosion from shattering enemies apply the mark?
Last edited by shadowhunterv9 on Jun 24, 2017, 2:45:35 AM
"
On his helmet, Sarang put CoH, mark, HoI, and ice golem. To my knowledge, neither minions nor buffs work with CoH. Is that a mistake, or am I missing something?

Would the explosion from shattering enemies apply the mark?

Yes, Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark does work as you suggest. Power charge generation is fairly constant on a good map but never really up for boss fights in separate arena's.

@Antsunrise,

Yeah, it can take a while to get used to it. I just watched a load of Tarkecat streams when he was creating and editing builds and picked it up from him.

Creating most rares is fairly easy though. I just use the yellow rare box at the bottom. Double-click the appropriate rare base. Then towards the right hand side of the screen use the drop down menu to select the required stats and the slider to adjust from zero to the max roll. Do this for all the stats you need and then once done add to build. You can add modifier for master crafts or add corruption to remove implicits...etc.
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
@Iztooi

I know what you mean about the budget gear. I would have been a little happier if he had of said "I was able to farm maps up to T13 comfortably and a player of similar skill should too". For new players then running alch'd T13 maps is almost surely going to cause them a few deaths over a play session. With leaguestones like Breach and Beyond added in then that will be higher.

If you really want to run those maps then be very conscious of what map mods you roll and what leaguestones you add in. Solo and myself have covered this to a large degree. The map guide he linked is also very useful for learning which bosses suck!

I lost your message since no quote, now re-reading the thread i stumbled upon your post.
I usually run magic/rare maps with tri-leaguestone so I thought too that a few death might be normal. If he ran white T13 maps, with no leaguestone, two patches ago, while being cautious 100% of the time and then defines this course of actions "comfortably", that's poor choice of words. There's also no need to say "Well, I was able to run those maps, so you should too, and if you can't do it then there's a different ability level; I'm better than you!", because I could too create a guide saying that I can do T15 maps easily with a budget equip and then I'm running it with my best one.
And that's why I was asking if anyone had succeded to run the budget version "comfortably" and why I couldn't.
Any advice I received wasn't about a "budget" version, but just about upgrading the budget version if I wasn't able to clear contents.

Anyway now, since I stock up a good amount of currency, I'm leaving that budget raider version and I'm switching to the pathfinder one, cause clearly that's not satisfying dieing over and over while blindly following a guide. I'm sure that it will be more rewarding.
"
Iztooi wrote:

And that's why I was asking if anyone had succeded to run the budget version "comfortably" and why I couldn't.
Any advice I received wasn't about a "budget" version, but just about upgrading the budget version if I wasn't able to clear contents.

I started with Neversink's guide but on a similar budget / gear to Sarang's budget gear and I was getting wrecked in T10 with breach or beyond leaguestones.

However even in the OP at the top Sarang says:

This guide is intended for experienced users who are comfortable with playing as a Pathfinder, mainly the Flask-management playstyle but also life-based.

So no, I definitely wasn't able to farm t13 up comfortably or at all really if I still wanted to try and level. But I am new to the bow user playstyle so I accept it will be a learning experience involving more than the odd death along the way!!

However I don't think that there is any doubt that a player of Sarang's skill level is able to do what he said with the build on the budget gear he linked. Plus he does mention that the budget gear's goal IS to get you to the more expensive versions so you aren't supposed to stay on the budget gear longterm.

So my guess is that you were not able to run the budget gear comfortably as you have less gamesense and skill than Sarang. Others that have also played the game at the level that Sarang has achieved, probably through 1,000's of hours of gameplay, are likely to be able to achieve similar feats as him. You and I, not so much!!

Anyway, good luck with your pathfinder - once you get a fair amount of gear in the character it feels SO AWESOME. Moving so quickly, clearing offscreen, rarely dying (even in my case with a pitiful 4.5k life) and making reasonable ccy at the same time. It's worth the investment IMO.
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Jun 29, 2017, 8:58:26 AM
Stop trashing the beginner/budget guide. It's meant to be played as a Raider, so no "difficult" flask juggling and the only questionable item is Tabula Rasa (just get a rare instead for the same price). The rest of the sample gear has a combined life bonus of 330 (plus strength). Without my chest, I have less and still get 4.6k hp. So with Tabula it would still be above 4k, which is fine for a budget. Of course you get one-shot by dangerous shit with that. But I don't see issues farming red maps so long as you avoid stupid mods and leaguestones.

edit: A section naming those toxic mods and leaguestones would probably be helpful in the beginner's section. But it's not labeled as such but as a budget one, so he might expect the reader to be familiar with those things. I doubt other 4k life 0% chaos resist builds fare better vs Naem and friends.
Last edited by Solmyr77 on Jun 30, 2017, 5:35:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info