☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

Yes, the Vaal pact tree is the right choice w/o those gloves. There's sadly no endgame version of the budget Raider guide for the PF version lacks Frenzy charges.

But that's not why you fail at Izaro. I've checked poelab.com and seen that today is quite a good day. Lieutenants in p1 and Fonts in p2 can both be killed so you get an unbuffed Izaro in p3. Make sure you do kill them.

Maybe you should respec from Avatar of the Slaughter into Avatar of the Veil to get elemental status immunity for this fight (and get back Slaughter after beating uber lab).

You may need to practice the fight though if you already have trouble with the boss Oak in t10 Shaped Mesa. Yes, he one-shots you when he jumps on you. You need to move out of the way. Bind the feet on your left-click and use them. Don't try anything fancy with Blink Arrow. You might point on a tree stump and the skill won't go off. Izaro has multiple attacks that will one-shot you, nothing you can do about that, but all of those attacks can be avoided. The trash isn't supposed to kill you but to grant flask charges. Imo that whole encounter is a bs chore but apparently there are people who like it.

In your position with a 6L and a 5L (gratz on that in SSF) I would take 6L Barrage and 5L LA as suggested by the guide, but I may be biased toward LA. I already had a 6L LA Ranger in the PoE beta (before a loooong break) and Tornado Shot just feels weird to me. The reason for prioritizing Barrage is that single target means bosses, which are more important than trash because the risk of dying is much, much higher. Plus 5L LA clears most anything anyway.

Regarding the specific support gems. If you have configured your PoB profile accurately and it says gem A is more dps than gem B, by all means, go for gem A. The worth of crit chance is directly dependant on your crit multiplier, which may be low.

Also, I've noticed that you have upgraded your flasks to 20% quality but you forgot to roll their affixes. Get "Chemist's" prefix on all the utility flasks and distribute your suffixes over Staunching (anti bleed), Heat (anti freeze, redundant with Avatar of the Veil) and Warding (anti curse). Drop the Quicksilver flask for Izaro (get Basalt or another life flask for that one occasion).
Last edited by Solmyr77 on Jun 13, 2017, 12:11:21 PM
Thanks for ur reply, Im going to hit few more lvls today and with 90 Ill try again.
Luck doesnt leave me tho, I found The Wise Oak and managed to cap all my res at same lvl - means Ill benefit from all offensive and defensive stats on all elements?
About 6l barrage, my Belly is 4G 1B 1R, it works great with TS/LA, but idk what gems would be best in those colors for barrage? PTL, WED, PPAD, Slower proj and 6th? I dont really want to mess with those colors cus Im running low on chromes right now.
"
maciek2g wrote:
Thanks for ur reply, Im going to hit few more lvls today and with 90 Ill try again.
Luck doesnt leave me tho, I found The Wise Oak and managed to cap all my res at same lvl - means Ill benefit from all offensive and defensive stats on all elements?

Just so we're on the same page: Yes, if you mean the numbers in parenthesis. Having something like
75% (140)
75% (136)
75% (154)
does not grant bonuses to more than one element.

"
About 6l barrage, my Belly is 4G 1B 1R, it works great with TS/LA, but idk what gems would be best in those colors for barrage? PTL, WED, PPAD, Slower proj and 6th? I dont really want to mess with those colors cus Im running low on chromes right now.

maybe Faster Attacks then
"
Solmyr77 wrote:
Iztooi

How much HP do you have? How much chaos resist? And can you specify who or what is killing you?

Beyond bosses?
Rogue Exiles?
Map bosses?
Bleeding?
other damage over time stuff?

I have 3.3k hp and it's random stuff mostly. Sometimes multi-essence monsters, sometimes map bosses. Even though my chaos resistance is null, there are so few chaos sources to think that chaos damage is the one who kills me. And I have the flasks up most of the time with backup charges for bleeding removal. Also reflect damage is out of the question since I avoid reflect maps (again raider is not the best when you don't have VoV 100% of the time), and I keep the VoV when there are reflect mobs.
I have blood rage as a gem but i'm just "baking" it, since raider is more than enough to keep frenzy charges up.

Again as the guide says, I should be doing up to T13 mindlessly, but there's random damage that kills me and it's frustrating. That's why I was saying that the budget version is not really updated.
I'm seriously thinking about changing to the pathfinder (since i'm stacking up some currency), but i really want to give some other shots to this build

I don't know why but my profile was private, now it's public, if anyone can suggest something it's really appreciated.

"
Iztooi wrote:

I have 3.3k hp

Well sorry but this is the issue. Small wonder everyone and their grandma is one-shotting you ;) I've checked that you have mediocre life rolls on most of your gear but that just doesn't cut it. For the price of the Tabula Rasa you can get a random evasion based 6 link and craft something out of it.

My archer has around 4.6k hp with a rare chest armor. At that point the list of one-shotting enemies becomes shorter though it's still too long. That's why the guide only has Belly and Kaom's for endgame chest armors.
"
Solmyr77 wrote:
"
Iztooi wrote:

I have 3.3k hp

Well sorry but this is the issue. Small wonder everyone and their grandma is one-shotting you ;) I've checked that you have mediocre life rolls on most of your gear but that just doesn't cut it. For the price of the Tabula Rasa you can get a random evasion based 6 link and craft something out of it.

My archer has around 4.6k hp with a rare chest armor. At that point the list of one-shotting enemies becomes shorter though it's still too long. That's why the guide only has Belly and Kaom's for endgame chest armors.

Still I was checking the budget version. There's no point on writing "budget" and "Up to T13 Maps Comfortably" - "Normal Atziri" , showing some equip that you can obtain with less than 100c, and still not meeting the written expectations.
I know I can change all my equip to follow half of the main guide (still costs a bit much) and i'll get to the good part.
And I know I can get better jewelry and belt/gloves/boots with better rolls, but that doesn't stay in the "budget" section. My upgrades should be part of equip from the main guide, not upgrading the budget version, and they shouldn't happen before getting easily to T13 maps and normal atziri, or again there's no point on the budget version.

Sorry for the rant, I didn't mean to sound aggressive, but I wanted to express my opinion on this.
"
Solmyr77 wrote:
"
maciek2g wrote:

Just so we're on the same page: Yes, if you mean the numbers in parenthesis. Having something like
75% (140)
75% (136)
75% (154)
does not grant bonuses to more than one element.

"

maybe Faster Attacks then

Well I did something like this with a bit help from master crafting
75% (146)
75% (146)
75% (146)
it means I get 20% pene on cold, light and fire? and i get 10% less dmg from those elements?

About the skill choice, definitely going TS over LA. This skill is awesome. For big bosses Ill try barrage, tho I dont really know how to play with it. Let's take boss from Shaped Mesa. I put vaal lightning trap, pop potions and I can face tank him (in fact I think I deal more dmg standing right on him). He dies pretty quickly most of the time now. IDK about ranged use of barrage tho... it feels like Im loosing DPS. And ofc with less than 5k health I cant facetank Izaro.

How exactly should I fight him? I watched video posted by OP and this fight seems a lot easier (with less health), idk why. Right now Ill run with 6l and Oak too, so maybe it will be easier...

Also, how important is Druidic Rite node? inc mana, inc flask charges and inc flask duration are worth jewel slot(in my case, more DPS, no life% yet) or frenzy charge (Raider = free DPS)
Last edited by maciek2g on Jun 13, 2017, 3:24:57 PM
@Iztooi

I know what you mean about the budget gear. I would have been a little happier if he had of said "I was able to farm maps up to T13 comfortably and a player of similar skill should too". For new players then running alch'd T13 maps is almost surely going to cause them a few deaths over a play session. With leaguestones like Breach and Beyond added in then that will be higher.

If you really want to run those maps then be very conscious of what map mods you roll and what leaguestones you add in. Solo and myself have covered this to a large degree. The map guide he linked is also very useful for learning which bosses suck!

@Maciek

Yes, if your resists are as you say you get the 20% pen in all of the elements and the 10% reduced damage taken too. I haven't quite equalised all my resists yet but having dropped a Taste of Hate recently and then a map later a Wise Oak getting them all equalised should mean I can pop all 4 of my dying sun, vinktars, Taste & the Wise Oak and still benefit from all the pen & reduced damage.

I'd stick with barrage on the 6L if you are going to be killing Izaro. Otherwise for general mapping and bosses I would probably use the TS in the 6-link. Most bosses should be killable with TS from a distance. Barrage is definitely best at face-to-face range! Like you say drop your vaal lightning trap and then hammer away. If you actually want to survive you would pop Vinktar's at this point too ;) Hence for you TS may be better.

Barrage is very good once you have it on a 6-link with vinktar's + dying sun. You do stand in melee range at the beginning but most of the time they are knocked back aways a fair bit. Whilst my Vinktar's is up I am pretty much unkillable except to one-shots....which with 4.5k life in my case is still fairly common.

I really like Druidic rite. Helps me keep up my Dying sun, ToH and Vinktar's for most of the map - vinktar's tends to drop every so often. YMMV. If you are clearing from pack to pack quickly then quite often you can have all your flasks up constantly. That's when the build becomes rather OP!

Still kill myself to one-shots quite often though. Not too sure if it's reflect or possibly corrupting blood stacks.....wish there was a combat log really.

TBH for Uber Lab I just bought a carry. Not an option for you. As Solmyr says check PoeLab each day and see when it looks not too bad. Then keep running it. Hopefully a couple of extra jewels will be another chunk of life and some damage too!!! Good luck!!
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Jun 14, 2017, 3:13:26 AM
I have a dumb question. I have a Kaoms heart which i intend to use, so does that mean i need to get a second Death opus bow to put the barrage gems + support? I guess that would also mean i need an extra quiver correct? that way i can swap weapons when i need single target dmg

"
dmac303 wrote:
I have a dumb question. I have a Kaoms heart which i intend to use, so does that mean i need to get a second Death opus bow to put the barrage gems + support? I guess that would also mean i need an extra quiver correct? that way i can swap weapons when i need single target dmg

Well, this is not a stupid idea if you have the funds to pull it off, might even be optimal. The guide however assumes you only use Tornado Shot for everything with Kaom's chest and a Barrage-combo with either LA or TS with Belly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info