☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

Hey everyone!

I have been following this guide for a week now and have been loving it so far, everything seems to be going great.

I do have a stupid question, I feel like maybe I am missing something...

Am I supposed to be generating endurance charges from anywhere, or do we just use immortal call with no endurance charges? I just feel like maybe I am not understanding a key part of the build!

And a follow up question -

I have been playing as pathfinder but I do read in the guide that maybe raider is better for budget builds using vaal pact, I was wondering how come raider would be better, and is it still okay to stick with pathfinder if I am enjoying it?

Thanks for any help!
"
OcnMn wrote:

Am I supposed to be generating endurance charges from anywhere, or do we just use immortal call with no endurance charges? I just feel like maybe I am not understanding a key part of the build!

I have been playing as pathfinder but I do read in the guide that maybe raider is better for budget builds using vaal pact, I was wondering how come raider would be better, and is it still okay to stick with pathfinder if I am enjoying it?

No, there are no endurance charges. Immortal Call isn't supposed to last long, but to prevent deaths from sources like Porcupines, where you get hit by 20 needles within a very short time frame. It's also not a very relevant part of the build. If you have it, fine, if not, I doubt, you'd notice. The curse on the CWDT setup is more relevant.

If you enjoy your Pathfinder, you may absolutely stick to it. I've only played as a Raider, which sounds better for a budget, yes. Vaal Pact should be used either way unless you have the Atziri gloves, for the instant leech. The benefit of the Raider in this case is that you don't need to use Blood Rage to generate Frenzy charges. You also get Frenzy charges vs bosses. Last thing, a PF is as good as her flasks whereas the Raider's abilities don't scale with your equipment.
Last edited by Solmyr77 on Jul 7, 2017, 3:42:55 AM
I'am following this build and i have invested so much, but i cant still reach some high dps, my attack speed is low and life only 3600 at lvl 84.

There is my skill tree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAABeAO4DHgUtBbUGIwguES8VIBX9Fr8XlhmOGbQajR9BIXYj9iSdJP0mlSpNLOktgy5TMHwx-jY9N9Q51D8nQzFHfkrITZJRR1VLWlJbJluvYeJiWmKsZU1sjG9Xb_JwUnTtdct1_Xb3eBl4-XrvexR9dX7dfyt_gH_7hG-E2Yazhs6J04w2jX2Nfo2BjbmNv5uNnaqet6CfoaSjiqfUqJq0xbVIt7a74702vqfBM8GgwuzEotNv037UI9RC1orawd0N4dvnVOmY6mLrY-0_7YPuDu968W32o_1u_rr-yP8Q_94=?accountName=eRko16&characterName=NeverDieAgainEz

There is my GEAR:
Spoiler

Also how do i gain Frenzy charges?! I have to always manually cast my Blood Rage.
Last edited by eRko16 on Jul 7, 2017, 8:45:26 AM
"
eRko16 wrote:
I'am following this build and i have invested so much, but i cant still reach some high dps, my attack speed is low and life only 3600 at lvl 84.

There is my skill tree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAABeAO4DHgUtBbUGIwguES8VIBX9Fr8XlhmOGbQajR9BIXYj9iSdJP0mlSpNLOktgy5TMHwx-jY9N9Q51D8nQzFHfkrITZJRR1VLWlJbJluvYeJiWmKsZU1sjG9Xb_JwUnTtdct1_Xb3eBl4-XrvexR9dX7dfyt_gH_7hG-E2Yazhs6J04w2jX2Nfo2BjbmNv5uNnaqet6CfoaSjiqfUqJq0xbVIt7a74702vqfBM8GgwuzEotNv037UI9RC1orawd0N4dvnVOmY6mLrY-0_7YPuDu968W32o_1u_rr-yP8Q_94=?accountName=eRko16&characterName=NeverDieAgainEz

There is my GEAR:
Spoiler

Also how do i gain Frenzy charges?! I have to always manually cast my Blood Rage.

Not enough life. You need to get more/higher rolls on your equipment. I would also guess that you miss some life nodes on the passive tree, but you'll have to check that yourself. Just compare your tree point by point with the guide (reference the Vaal Pact version). May be more comfortable if you use Path of Building.

As a Pathfinder, you only get Frenzy Charges via Blood Rage, yes. But you only have to cast it when it runs out. There's a mechanic that extends the duration during fights. Don't know if it's hitting/killing a mob or sth else.
"
eRko16 wrote:

As Solomyr says you really need to get flat life rolls on your rings and amulet. Having a belly is great but it depends on flat life rolls to maximise it's effect. You want life rolls everywhere you possibly can. You already don't have them on your quiver which is mandatory for the build and for your helm so getting them everywhere else is HIGHLY recommended.

I would potentially consider speccing out of the 20% crit chance node below Lethality, the 2 proj nodes above Sentinel and then one other, possibly Master of the Arena to route to constitution in the Scion life wheel.

With regards to DPS a couple of things to look into. Your Death's Opus has a really low implicit crit chance roll. Bless that thing up to 50% or as close as you can.

You are also not using a diamond flask?? I'm guessing you aren't at the crit cap so you should likely be running one with Bleed removal on it.

Blood Rage as Solomyr says should refresh on a kill so as long as you are killing every 10 - 11 seconds or so it should be constantly refreshing.

Also not too sure how much Call of the Brotherhood is benefiting you. I expect a good rare would be better....with flat life of course ;)

You've got a fairly good amount of gear there and most of the few things you are missing needn't be too expensive. Take another readthrough of the OP - look at Sarang's gear and try to get as close to it as you can. I'm sure good things will happen if you do!

Plus I will keep mentioning it but check out Path of Building. It really does help!!
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Jul 7, 2017, 2:03:19 PM
Lots of great advice from you guys, thanks a lot!

Would it be worth upgrading my Tabula Rasa to a 5 linked Belly of the Beast? I can't afford a 6L one yet

I get the stats from the Belly of the Beast which is nice, but lose the 6L barrage, losing some damage.

Thanks again everyone.
Your characters aren't public, but regarding the question: I'm on the fence about this particular sidegrade. Yes, you would gain more life, which means one-shot-protection, however you also lower your damage where it matters the most - vs bosses, giving them a longer time frame to still one-shot you.

I assume you don't have a 6L Opus yet, so you could put Barrage in that and LA in the 5L Belly?

For the time being, I would advise to do what I did: Buy a cheap white evasion 6L armor and craft it with your best Essence of Greed. That way you get a guaranteed life roll, which makes it already better than the Tabula. If you try multiple times you may even get some resists on top.
Hey guys, I've played a ton of archer builds in PoE, mostly TS, but I took a break from them the last couple leagues. I was just curious if anyone knew how archers (and specifically this build) are looking for the 3.0 league. I'd like to go back to a TS build but I'm trying to plan ahead of time for what specific TS build to do, and how strong/weak it is looking for 3.0. Thanks ahead of time.
"
Solmyr77 wrote:
Your characters aren't public, but regarding the question: I'm on the fence about this particular sidegrade. Yes, you would gain more life, which means one-shot-protection, however you also lower your damage where it matters the most - vs bosses, giving them a longer time frame to still one-shot you.

I assume you don't have a 6L Opus yet, so you could put Barrage in that and LA in the 5L Belly?

For the time being, I would advise to do what I did: Buy a cheap white evasion 6L armor and craft it with your best Essence of Greed. That way you get a guaranteed life roll, which makes it already better than the Tabula. If you try multiple times you may even get some resists on top.

Yea I was logged into the wrong account, should be able to see the characters now.

Yea I don't have a 6L Opus yet either, I like your advice to craft an evasion armor piece. I will be doing that now!

Thanks again for your help.
Bandits in 3.0? Just Points?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info