[2.4 | Video Guide] The Big Dipper & Galaxy Ripper - Non-Crit & CoC Vortex Ignites

"
dragonsroc wrote:
"
Xendran wrote:
"
dragonsroc wrote:
Have you ever tried using that 30% more elemental damage essence on helms with a 4L vortex? I'd imagine it would come out to be better than a 5L.

I didn't think of that, it would be better for the Selfcast version. Remote mine is better in a 5L, but you can definitely do it with the helm as a 4L if you manage to get one.

This way you could also maybe fit in Kaom's Roots to get stun immunity and not have to give up an amulet slot. But I don't know how it would feel without movespeed on boots. And the health isn't completely lost on LL since it's just extra chaos protection since this is a Shav-less build.

Health makes it harder to sustain Righteous Fire, doubly so since you'd lose ES. We don't give up an amulet slot to get stun protection, use boots:

We also aren't even close to being able to give up 4 sockets.
You can also get stun avoidance as a suffix on a helm as a defensive option if you are not using Vertex/Scold's/Heretic's Veil
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 28, 2016, 2:14:25 PM
Update: Added some more gear variants with another set of links.
This is for Tri curse (both corrupted and uncorrupted) and quad curse (which is excessive but would be funny to see).
ok i've finally managed to drop a T15 Core and went for it.
unid.: - temp chains - elemental reflect and few other fucked up mods.

success; only 1 death @ early malachai (stupid piety)

i know core isn't the same as before but it was really a challenge. i also made a video (2 pieces) but im too lazy to merge lol. the whole run took me like 15 minutes.

one thing i noticed after i did the transition to hrimburn/decay/doedre ring: Elemental Reflect is really really dangerous!!! you cant fight 10+ mobs at once. thats the reason why it took me so long. maligaro, doedre and shavronne were one-hits btw.... the dmg of this build is very very enormous; i think i will drop some damage from jewels and get ES instead; im only running with 7800 now because of hrimburn -.-

Gear

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAA0fDXwOSBEvEVARlhcvGFYabBslHNwdFB2qHxgi9CSwJogo-isKLKYvbzQKNbk3ZjeDPAU8KD1fQYdGUkZxS65R-1IpUlNV1lXgVkhXyVhaW6Bca1yKXfJk52ZUZp5odGjya3psC20ZcLtyD3vXfA58S3_GgKSCm4LHhEiFMox2jxqPRpDWkPqTJ5RvlnSX9JitmjuboZy-na6f36EvpuunCKcrp1W0DLaGtzC3MbiTvorAZsHFw23Iv8rTzRbUB9Wm2CTZE9lb2mLcjd9t34rhiOQi6FrpAuq66-7sGO0g7TzvfPfB99f56PrS_Ez-SQ==?accountName=airparisderjesus&characterName=Yoga
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Sep 29, 2016, 4:52:42 AM
Reflect is pretty sketchy now on the selfcast version yeah, that's one of the reasons i personally switched to the remote mine setup. Once you get used to detonation and you have an Adrenaline quicksilver, it really is nice and fast. Also lets you set up essences and boxes safely.

If you want a bit more ES, you can get a crystal belt!
I've got 8,012 ES with this setup at the moment at level 83 (I'm halfway between standard and advanced build here, just need level 3 enlightens).

Spoiler

I also crafted these but they have no movespeed :(

Last edited by Xendran on Sep 29, 2016, 9:18:36 AM
Can RF apply decay? Or is it only the initial Vortex hit that can apply it?

And I read earlier that elemental damage doesn't double dip but spell damage does. Doesn't elemental damage double dip on the ignite still?
decay is applied on hit. RF does no hit, nor a dot does. only vortex's initial hit or movement skills
"
dragonsroc wrote:
Can RF apply decay? Or is it only the initial Vortex hit that can apply it?

And I read earlier that elemental damage doesn't double dip but spell damage does. Doesn't elemental damage double dip on the ignite still?

Elemental damage does on the ignite, but fire and cold damage individually don't.
Like said above, only a hit can apply decay, and RF isn't a hit.

EDIT: I'm updating the advanced remote mine build a bit.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 29, 2016, 3:45:08 PM
So i'm pushing my gear a bit more, and looks like it actually could be reasonable to swap in Rise of the Phoenix when you have VERY good gear. You'd still obviously have way less energy shield than a rare, but you could get around 8k.
Have you considered running Vitality, Purity of fire or Discipline in Essence worm? Should make us able to run every aura without investing so much in the gear or passives.
This is my take on the build.

Did uber lab and atziri (haven't tried uber atziri though) for the first time today, which was my goal with this build except for getting my first Shav's. Both of them goes down easily with this build. Uber Izaro basically melted within 5 secounds with ignite conflux (with temp chains and enfeeble). I'm lvl 86 with 7.5k ES (with Shav's). Could get more than 8k if I wanted to invest into more ES nodes.

The reason I went with Shav's is because I don't like the idea of running LL without chaos immunity. In high tier maps (10+) it doesn't really matter if you have 75% chaos resist or not. You're basically rolling the dice every map, eventually you'll get some random burst of chaos damage that takes more than 400 hp and you're dead (which is a pain the ass after lvl 85). I guess you could do LL without Shavs if you're only doing Izaro (maybe Atziri). But for higher lvl maps I would recommend against it.

I tried doing RF but it doesn't seems to be worth it or necessary. Sure, I could get 60% more damage but I don't think its worth the investment or the loss of ES recovery.

Overall I think its a cool build (Vortex MTX is awesome). However if we're going to be honest, there is other builds that does the same thing but is easier to gear.

Spoiler

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAQ18DkgRLxFQEZYRwhcvGFYabBslHNwdFCL0I18miCj6Kwospi9vMhg1uTeDPAU9X0SrRblGUkcGSbFLrlJTUzFUYlWuVdZWSFfJXIpd8mTnaHRo8mt6bAttGXBRcLt2b3vXfEt-sH_GgKSCEIKbgseEd48aj0aPpo_6kNaQ-pMnl5WX9Jitmjudrp3Zn9-gQ6EvpuunCKcrswO0DLaGtzC3dbiTvorAZsHFyL_K09DQ1AfVptfP2CTYVNkT2VvaYtvn3I3fbd-K37DkIuha6QLquuvu7BjtIO087hXvfO-I98H5N_no-tL8TA==
Last edited by CharlieCage on Sep 30, 2016, 12:15:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info