[2.4 | Video Guide] The Big Dipper & Galaxy Ripper - Non-Crit & CoC Vortex Ignites

"
so whats the secret behind Decay?

"
Weapon: Your Hits inflict Decay, dealing 1000 Chaos Damage per second for 10 seconds

this 1000 doesn't add on your vortex right (would be op..)? it's a plain DoT which is added to any enemy you hit. we have no general DoT scaling, we have just the scaling of vortex's dots because of it's effect
"
Modifiers to Spell Damage apply to this skill's Damage Over Time

so why is Decay special for this build? i mean any other class or build could use Decay on a weapon... additionally: wouldnt it be better to have Decay on a wand? (spell damage double tips, elemental damage not)

Decay applies when you hit an enemy with Vortex. We don't care about the Cold DoT from vortex, it does like no damage. All of our spell damage and mine damage on tree and gems (except the remote mine gem itself) increases this decay, just like Poison.

Basically, it's free poison without needing to convert to fire or chaos.
The downside is that it doesn't stack, but the benefits are huge.

You're right about a wand, i just didn't have one yet. The gear linked isn't optimal, just an example. I'm not even level 80 yet on essence :P
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 27, 2016, 1:16:28 PM
Can you explain the interaction between Hrimburn and EE?
Hrimburn allows our cold damage to ignite. We hit with cold, causing -50% fire resistance and igniting. This causes the burn to be stronger.
Is the ignite 100% or what? Why do we need them at all?
The ignite isn't 100%, but it allows us to ignite when conflux isn't up.
If you can only ignite half of the time, your damage is basically nothing.

What mods are you looking for in a decay weapon except maybe 1+ fire gems? Spell damage and cold damage?
Mainly just look for a wand with an open prefix so you can craft Spell Damage.
A good wand with 40% spell damage crafted will have around 80% spell damage, which is still higher than The Consuming Dark.
Resistance is also nice.

If you can get +2 to fire gems you can do the advanced build without a +2 aura helmet.

Decay itself definitely doesn't do as much damage as poison, but it's also a Suffix and the amount of damage we get elsewhere by switching to it outweighs the poison by far.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 28, 2016, 1:21:45 PM
Have you ever tried using that 30% more elemental damage essence on helms with a 4L vortex? I'd imagine it would come out to be better than a 5L.
"
dragonsroc wrote:
Have you ever tried using that 30% more elemental damage essence on helms with a 4L vortex? I'd imagine it would come out to be better than a 5L.

I didn't think of that, it would be better for the Selfcast version. Remote mine is better in a 5L, but you can definitely do it with the helm as a 4L if you manage to get one.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 28, 2016, 1:21:22 PM
"
Xendran wrote:
"
dragonsroc wrote:

I didn't think of that, it would be better for the Selfcast version. Remote mine is better in a 5L, but you can definitely do it with the helm as a 4L if you manage to get one.

This way you could also maybe fit in Kaom's Roots to get stun immunity and not have to give up an amulet slot. But I don't know how it would feel without movespeed on boots. And the health isn't completely lost on LL since it's just extra chaos protection since this is a Shav-less build.
Last edited by dragonsroc on Sep 28, 2016, 1:43:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info