[2.4 | Video Guide] The Big Dipper & Galaxy Ripper - Non-Crit & CoC Vortex Ignites

Did you consider picking Mastermind of Discord instead of Liege of the Primordial? Is 40 % increased fire damage + 20 % increased damage better than 25% fire pen?
"
CharlieCage wrote:
Did you consider picking Mastermind of Discord instead of Liege of the Primordial? Is 40 % increased fire damage + 20 % increased damage better than 25% fire pen?

Now that you mention this, there have been changes to the game that are making me reconsider this.

The reason I personally didn't choose it in the original 2.3 build is because the Stone Golem synergy with The Beast Fur Shawl provides a great defensive bonus, and the 60% ignite double dip damage and 20% poison dip is still solid at competing with the fire pen since penetration doesn't double dip. In addition, you get a little bit of ignite chance on the way to it. I found the stone golem died frequently without the fire golem to draw aggro off of it.

HOWEVER, 2.4 has changed some things.

I run with a tri-curse setup on my original XendranVortex character, and the build guide was very much focused around what I was playing at the time and then modifying the build down to a more affordable level. I had my tri-curse setup in ooooold versions before i made my guide, and all of my minmaxing was done around that.

Because most of you won't be running tri curse, you're going to be reducing enemy resist WAY less than if you do it, which will actually greatly increase the value of Mastermind of Discord.

Also, bosses now have LESS curse effectiveness instead of REDUCED. This means we reduce boss resists less than before, because our 40% Curse Effectiveness does not mitigate the bosses curse resistance as well.

In light of this, i'm definitely changing the Advanced version to use Mastermind of Discord, and I'm going to recommend to pick between Mastermind and Liege on the standard version.

Thanks for bringing this up, I forgot to reconsider this after the changes in 2.4!

EDIT: Something to note, if any of you want to ONLY farm bosses you can straight up get rid of both Southbound and Beacon of Ruin. You can swap Beacon for Mastermind, and use whatever gloves you want, since southbound only exists for beacon, and beacon only exists for map clearing aoe.

I'm going to update the guide with these options listed.

EDIT 2: Fixed the broken flask section. Sorry about that.
EDIT 3: Updated Ascendancy portion of the guide.
EDIT 4: Added boss rotation info:

1. Wait until just before triple Conflux.
2. Lightning Warp into boss. Procs Shock, Elemental Equilibrium and Mastermind of Discord[/b].
3. Vortex boss twice to ignite and poison. If lightning warp failed to deal enough damage to shock, use Vortex twice instead of once.
4. Lightning warp away from boss to get to safety and re-trigger Elemental Equilibrium for the ignite (since Vortex changed it back to +25% fire resist).
5. Boss melts.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 23, 2016, 8:41:09 PM
Ah, good idea replacing Southbound when doing bosses. Forgot that it doesn't serve any purpose in those cases. You can get 200+ extra ES, or a lot of spell damage with Doedre's Tenure or a mix of both with the item base Fingerless silk gloves (however at the cost of not having an lab enchantment on gloves).
if you use
it is really hard to cap your resis and chaos res and to get to ~100 dex

edit: for dropping precision, you need more dexterity for rapid decay
Last edited by MrZimz on Sep 24, 2016, 1:11:08 PM
"
MrZimz wrote:
if you use
it is really hard to cap your resis and chaos res and to get to ~100 dex

edit: for dropping precision, you need more dexterity for rapid decay

Yeah, getting the stats can be tricky. You can do it with some really good gear rolls, but it's pretty tough.
I'm going to recommend in the guide to use a rare ring, and the boot enchant that has stun aviodance on it. Also, grabbing a +30 dex node isn't too bad, if it allows you to use Valyrium instead of a rare ring when you get resists capped.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 24, 2016, 2:38:36 PM
Update: Added a Remote Mine tree and link setup for boss farming.
The Vertex is no longer needed, so will be removed.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 24, 2016, 6:56:28 PM
"
Xendran wrote:

just mention vertex as an option for the standard version if ppl cant afford +2 but would like +1 to gems

a +2 rare helm will be hard to get with 300+ es and useful suffixes
"
MrZimz wrote:
"
Xendran wrote:

just mention vertex as an option for the standard version if ppl cant afford +2 but would like +1 to gems

a +2 rare helm will be hard to get with 300+ es and useful suffixes

I never mentioned +2 helm, you only need that for the advanced setup.
The vertex will be mentioned for people who want +1 to curses and enlighten.

Last edited by Xendran on Sep 25, 2016, 9:54:06 AM
hey guys, so in case you wanna see how gear looks like @ advanced version. btw no idea if Valyrium is really worth it. would have to get a perfect marble.

at the moment i can sustain RF quite good, unless there are shitty map mods (2,7% regen, ruby: 7%)
the damage is good but far from optimal. im only lvl 88 tho so the next levels will probably only ES or spell dmg.

tree:

gear:
Spoiler

with this tree i can run advanced version with 1x lvl3 and 1x lvl2 enlighten.
if i would get a 6L chest i still need 2x lvl3 enlighten.

kind regards
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Sep 25, 2016, 12:06:41 PM
The more i use Valyrium, the more I'm thinking it's not really necessary. Getting a rare ring eases up on the rest of the builds gearing process so much and the boot enchant is good enough to not die to stuns.

I'm approaching level 70 right now in essence, so I'll be able to get a feel for how the damage compares to 2.3 version once I've transitioned over to LL RF and got some better gear.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 25, 2016, 1:09:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info