[2.4 | Video Guide] The Big Dipper & Galaxy Ripper - Non-Crit & CoC Vortex Ignites

Level 85 (almost 86) and I am farming Uber-Izaro in ezpz mode (but without RF activated, otherwise it wont be ezpz because the es recharge wont be fast enough). Just wait for your "Shaper of Desolation"-Conflux when youre facing him-trigger vortex-kite him a little bit-and kill him. No problemo (Argus too but you should be an enduring player for his fight)

Spoiler

Last edited by LordAbaddon on Sep 20, 2016, 5:21:05 AM
hmm to sustain RF you need to invest a lot and come out with SUSTAIN, you don't regen in fights anymore. thats rly bad for longer fights. btw yeah i know i dont have leo shield yet :l longer fights? shouldnt this build do millions of dps?
im not sure if im doing something totally wrong, and my gem setup isn't optimal, but i have the feeling something is totally wrong with the maths here Oo it takes me quite some time (few vortex casts, like 5-10 seconds) to down a T12 boss. this sux

so please tell me what im doing wrong, i dont get it. even with RF! i have the feeling poison ain't stacking or something. my vortex tooltip without RF is ~9500k. maybe thats the reason? how to raise it? i have 3 jeweles with spelldmg and dex

gear

my auras: discipline, clarity, temp chain+flammability, purity of fire.
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Sep 19, 2016, 7:35:08 PM
"
CharlieCage wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't it be relative easy to run RF with Shavs if you're using rise of the phoenix? If we assume we get minimum of 4 % max fire res from purity of fire and 8 % from rise of the phoenix we get 87 % max fire res.

0,7 burn from RF * 0,13 = 0,091 (9,1 % life reg needed).

From passives + the new amulet we can get a total of 9,6 % life reg. This is without vitality.

We lose about 400 es from using a rare shield. But we should still have about 8k es which should be totally fine.

You lose nearly 2,000 ES by not having a shield, not 400. Remember it scales off all your ES nodes.
I considered this and deemed it not really viable because 6.5k ES is not reasonable to do the kind of content people prefer to do these days.

blob:http://imgur.com/088bc1cd-6ba9-4463-8107-17aa97fe2c7f

With RotF's 93 ES, you end up at 6.5k ES.

"
CharlieCage wrote:

I'm assuming I won't really need a third curse if I can go LL and RF, why I don't really care about corrupting my amulet.

This is correct, tri curse is just if you want to really push the build, especially since it also requires your gloves be corrupted to actually get a third curse into the build.

"
hmm to sustain RF you need to invest a lot and come out with SUSTAIN, you don't regen in fights anymore. thats rly bad for longer fights. btw yeah i know i dont have leo shield yet :l longer fights? shouldnt this build do millions of dps?
im not sure if im doing something totally wrong, and my gem setup isn't optimal, but i have the feeling something is totally wrong with the maths here Oo it takes me quite some time (few vortex casts, like 5-10 seconds) to down a T12 boss. this sux

so please tell me what im doing wrong, i dont get it. even with RF! i have the feeling poison ain't stacking or something. my vortex tooltip without RF is ~9500k. maybe thats the reason? how to raise it? i have 3 jeweles with spelldmg and dex

gear

skilltree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAPuDXwOSBEvEVARlhcvGFYYXRhqGmwbJRzcHRQdqh2-IvQmiCj6KwosnC9vM4c1uTwFPO89X0GHRKtGUkZxSVFJsUuuUlNVrlXWVkhXyVgHW6Bca1yKXfJk52aeaHRo8mt6bAttGXC7eC9713wOfOV_xoCkghCCm4LHhEiMdo8aj0aPpo_6kyeUoJf0mjuboZ2un9-hL6cIpyunVa3xtAy3MLcxuJO-isBmwcXDbci_ytPUB9Wm18_YJNkT2VvaYtyN34rfsOGI5CLoWukC6rrr7uwY7TzvfO-I8NX3wffX-Tf56PrS_Ez-SQ==?accountName=airparisderjesus&characterName=Yoga

The standard version of this build doesn't regen very much without the stone golem, but the stone golem should get you into the positives an alright amount. Advanced version has a solid amount of regen on it, one thing i notice is that you're using some of the advanced gem links with the standard gear setup.

Your tooltip does seem a bit low but not super low for unbuffed, mine is sitting at about 10.8k on the Standard without RF, golem or flasks. Do consider the screenshots which show 43k and 66k on a level 19 gem though. This will be divided by 1.29 since we lost less duration, so we should still be looking for 30k tooltip with AoE and 50k with conc effect, when your flask and RF is up. A bit more with a level 20 or 21 gem.

One thing to note, i have to recalculate the DPS because Less Duration recieved a nerf, but T12 bosses should in general not be taking 10 seconds to kill. The uberlab video i showed kills phase 3 Uber Izaro in well under 10 seconds without conflux, meaning not only was he not getting double dipped on shock for 2.25x burn, but he was only taking a natural burn which is the 50% fire damage. This means he would have taken 4.5x damage if I had a conflux up.

I had Concentrated Effect up here and a third curse, which about equals out the conflux so you should deal similar amounts of damage to what i did in that video while your conflux is up in a 5L Dual Curse when mapping without Conc.

Also, note that your DPS won't be multiple millions without Conc Effect unless you're running one of the more pushed setups like triple curse. When using conc effect for big bosses like Izaro / Shaper, your DPS will be substantially more potent. You should still be pushing nearly a million DPS with Inc AoE though after accounting for curses.

Maybe you aren't getting your conflux timings right? That combined with not having atziri flask up makes for a pretty huge DPS hit. While swapping Less Duration for Rapid Decay is a pretty noticeable hit to the ignite DPS, the single target should be consistently massive due to being able to get conflux on demand.

When RF is turned off, it cuts your damage down to 39% of what it was with it on. Just so people know how much damage it actually does.

I suggest focusing down on the standard version of the build right now, because the Advanced version has very strict gear requirements, and despite using less points actually tends to require a higher level because of 96% mana reservation. You'll be stuck unable to run RF for a long time if you have a mix of the 2 sets.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 19, 2016, 7:57:11 PM
Damage with concentrated effect (no flask no pendulum of destruction active)
Spoiler

Pendulum and Atziri's Promise boost the damage up to 35k
Without RF 16k

Damage with area of effect (no flask no pendulum of destruction active)
Spoiler

Pendulum and Atziri's Promise boost the damage up to 22k
Without RF 10k

One thing I noticed is that I was not able to sustain (or recover es) RF with the gear I had (I had a Beast Fur Shawl with 31% ES recovery rate and the same shield as I have now) and without the quick recovery and four es shield cluster nodes (Arcane Focus). With my current setup I have 7.309 es and a regeneration of 892.4 es per second. That is enough to sustain RF and recover small amounts of es during RF. But it is not enough to recover enough to use RF safely during Uber Izaro. For Uber Izaro I deactivate RF, the damage and the es recovery is enough to facetank him for a few hits in his last phase (best tactic is hit him a few times and then run..hit and run. For bosses up to t9 I oneshot everything (not tested with increased life mods and enfeeble) if my timing is correct: swap in conc effect, activate rf, wait for fire conflux and then throw a vaal lightning trap at the boss and boom...he (or she) is gone.

My skilltree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAthDF8OSBEtES8RUBGWFVAXLxhWGF0YahpsGyUcpxzcHRQdTyL0Jogo-isKLJwvbzW5OVI8BTwtPO89X0SrRZ1GUkmxS65SU1NSU6VVrlXWWAdboFxrXfJfamTnaHRo8mt6bAttGXC7e9d8DnyDfll_xoCkghCCm4LHg1-ESI8aj0aPpo_6kPqTJ5Sgl5WX9Jo7muCboZ2un9-hL6cIpyunVa3xr2y3MLiTvorAZsHFw23Grsi_0NDUB9Wm18_ZE9lb2mLa3dyN323fit-w5CLoWukC6-7sGO0873zviPfB99f5N_no-tL8TA==?accountName=LordAbaddon&characterName=KROXELDUEFIK

Edit: Thank you Xendran for this splendid build, I had the most fun with since Ive played PoE for the first time!
Last edited by LordAbaddon on Sep 20, 2016, 5:08:15 AM
"
Xendran wrote:
"
CharlieCage wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't it be relative easy to run RF with Shavs if you're using rise of the phoenix? If we assume we get minimum of 4 % max fire res from purity of fire and 8 % from rise of the phoenix we get 87 % max fire res.

0,7 burn from RF * 0,13 = 0,091 (9,1 % life reg needed).

From passives + the new amulet we can get a total of 9,6 % life reg. This is without vitality.

We lose about 400 es from using a rare shield. But we should still have about 8k es which should be totally fine.

You lose nearly 2,000 ES by not having a shield, not 400. Remember it scales off all your ES nodes.
I considered this and deemed it not really viable because 6.5k ES is not reasonable to do the kind of content people prefer to do these days.

blob:http://imgur.com/088bc1cd-6ba9-4463-8107-17aa97fe2c7f

With RotF's 93 ES, you end up at 6.5k ES.

The link doesn't work.

Yes, I meant 2k ES. However, you forget about discipline. If I remove my shield completly I still have 7.5k ES (with lvl 18 discipline and no aura effect nodes). I believe you're using RotP in your video (unless you're using a skin transfer) and you have 8k ES.
Last edited by CharlieCage on Sep 20, 2016, 1:43:24 PM
LordAbbadon: Yeah, running RF is pretty reliant on your roll of The Beast and ES. I'm running with 39% and 8076 ES so i've been basing the build around that. Getting a 1.6% marble amulet with some ES on it should help quite a bit when pushing the ES above 8k.

CharlieCage: Will fix link, thanks.

RotF is a skin transfer. I did not 'forget about discipline'. I have 8076 Energy Shield with level 19 discipline and aura effectiveness nodes on the Standard Version of the build, but this is with a +1 Shaper's Seed instead of a marble amulet.

The video is from 2.3, so now marble amulets allow you to get an extra 20% ES and +ES roll on the build that was not available before so we can get more ES, but you would need crazy rolls on your gear to hit 8K ES with RotP.

It's now much easier than in 2.3 to hit 8.5k - 9k with this build, and possible to bring this build up over 10k with really good gear. with Shav's + Rise we're just struggling to hit 8K with nearly perfect ES gear, nearly perfect jewellery, a different skill tree, less AoE, less damage, an expensive chest, and has only 70% of the regen when RF is turned off.

It's pretty much a different build that defeats the purpose of doing this. It will work if you're rich, but will cause you to have less survivability against 99% of content both because you have ~2,000 less energy shield than if you had a shield (and if you can afford crazy gear you're losing MORE because you could afford a shield with more than 477 ES).

This means you have less natural regen by having 2k less ES, but you also are not modifying your regen by The Beast Fur Shawl. Then on top of it, you lose AoE and double dipping Spell Damage, as well as not having The Beast modifying your ES recovery during Vaal Discipline or ES Recharge.

You're giving up way more survivability than you realize by not using The Beast Fur Shawl, as well as AoE and damage.

It basically defeats the whole purpose of this build being more versatile than other builds that have strict requiremets due to being LL RF, while still being able to put out "This number should not exist in PoE" levels of damage.

I'm not saying you can't do it, just that it's essentially a build for a different purpose at that point, and sacrificing effectiveness against the majority of content for unnecessary extra protection against a small minority of content.

----

On the subject of just dropping leo shield straight up for Rise of the Phoenix, there are 2 problems.
1: You ease up regen enough to save 8 points. The problem? You get less ES out of these 8 points than by having a shield. We don't need any more damage nodes.
2: At the same time, you lose chaos and elemental resistance as well which has to be made up for somewhere.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 20, 2016, 7:33:21 PM
Updated the gem links a bit.
You can use Lightning Warp to trigger Elemental Equilibrium if you choose to take it.

EDIT: WiP levelling guide going in.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 22, 2016, 9:08:25 AM
i rolled this on essence hc
lvl 76
ign : ruffa_dualstorm
thanks for the help Xendran. im really running much better with the full "Standard"setup. i have serious problems surviving chaos-throwing snakes and shit @T12+ maps. im running around with like 400-500 HP and this is sometimes a oneshot. dont know what i can do vs those mobs. i already have 2 life flasks always for the case ready and im permanently watching my hp, but this is really annoying. i cant imagine this is the solution Oo chaos dmg is a real issue, still with 75% res

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info