[2.4 | Video Guide] The Big Dipper & Galaxy Ripper - Non-Crit & CoC Vortex Ignites

Regen is Recovery.
Recovery encompasses every form of recovering a stat: Gain on Hit, Leech, Regeneration, Flask

"
"
PrimalCloud wrote:
levelling skills and points used

I used freeze pulse w/ LMP until Vortex at level 28.
For levelling, honestly just follow the same paths you need and get adjacent HP instead of ES, then switch once you get some solid ES gear.
lol sorry my bad, i mixed up reCHARGE with recovery. ok this chest is pretty strong then...
Why do you prioritize elemental weakness over flammability?
"
CharlieCage wrote:
Why do you prioritize elemental weakness over flammability?

In the 2.3 version, Ele Weakness is prioritized because with quality it offers the same 44% resist reduction, but also works nicely in party play and gives a boost to the (tiny) dps on the cold degen.
Permanent conflux meant ignites were effectively permanent and 100% chance to occur.

In the 2.4 version, flammability will be prioritized for ignite chance and duration.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 16, 2016, 2:21:15 PM
Ah, cool thanks.

Also, why are you using the writhing jar?
"
CharlieCage wrote:
Ah, cool thanks.

Probably for proccing "Elemental Overload" and instant healing (you have neither life regeneration nor life leech due to "Zealoth Oath" and "Ghost Reaver").
I'm not running RF, what damage nodes should I take instead? Is it more effective to take the spell damage nodes at Templar or fire damage at Explosive impact? Or does both double dip?
"
CharlieCage wrote:
Ah, cool thanks.

2.3 version was using it primarily to proc Conflux and Overload on bosses, but now that conflux is a permanently on rotation it's not necessary. The build has not been updated for 2.4 yet.

The healing being useful was nice too, but a hybrid flask with a good suffix (Staunching) is far better. Alternatively, we now have "The Flask" competing for flask space. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dying_Sun)

"
CharlieCage wrote:
I'm not running RF, what damage nodes should I take instead? Is it more effective to take the spell damage nodes at Templar or fire damage at Explosive impact? Or does both double dip?

Non RF is a totally different build, you'd have to rework the tree and gear.

----------

It's looking like we're going to be able to get burns of around 8 seconds, and 14+ with Increased Duration.

This means if necessary, you can have your burn from your triple-conflux last all the way up until your next triple conflux. Realistically, Uber Izaro should not be surviving for 8 seconds of an ignite + stacks of poison. The 14 second ignites may come in really handy for being safe though, especially if you do it with a frostbolt.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 16, 2016, 6:05:41 PM
Atm I'm running CI with 9k ES which works well for mapping and lvling. I'm planning to go low life and RF when I get a shavs. 75% chaos res doesn't seem safe enough.
Last edited by CharlieCage on Sep 17, 2016, 10:16:05 AM
I see some wrong calculations. Some modifiers such as spell damage does not increase burn damage. This means things like controlled destruction and low life do not affect burn. Shock is also 50% increased damage.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ignite

Max fireball damage = 26000
Lets say you have 700% total burn damage increase.

Lets say that RF is on and Overload procs

26000 * 1.59 * 1.4 = 57876 initial hit with RF/Overload proc

57876 * .8 = 46300 total burn damage

(46300 * 8.0) * 1.29 * 1.39 * 1.4 * 1.59 = 1478455 total burn damage with bonuses

1478455 B / 4 s = 369613 BPS

These numbers are if you have over 800% increased damage that affects burn. In your case, a lot of your damage is from increased spell damage which does not double dip with things like burn and poison.
IGN : @MyBurningBallz
Last edited by Ineedajob2 on Sep 18, 2016, 4:10:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info