[2.4 | Video Guide] The Big Dipper & Galaxy Ripper - Non-Crit & CoC Vortex Ignites

works fine for me.
Can this build do uber atziri?
bump for 2.4 update and ideas...
hi, currently playing this build

with 2.4 new base items got introduced, seems like we can use the new amulet base http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Marble_Amulet it gives (1.2-1.6)% of Life Regenerated per second
i want to play this buld too

Shaper of Desolation is now also fine i think. im playing CI detonate dead and monsters burn a LOT, i have also chance to ignite and several ignite-chance nodes in tree tho. also you have the advantage to burn enemies in long boss fights, so it's not "on kill" dependent anymore.

@OP would be cool if you take a look into this build now since 2.4 is online. and please tell us if atziri is possible (because of ignite immunity)
Oh sorry guys, i haven't been on PoE in a while lately because I've been really busy working on my own little indie project, completely forgot i had this thread up!

"
HolyCoconut wrote:
Hy there.

First let me give you a big thumbs up for this build..I really enjoy reading trough this guide.

However, I could use some clarification. I would like to try this at next league ( if they dont nerf vortex alot).
I am having trouble understanding mechanics behind vortex. Ive read the guide few times now, went through damage conversion wiki, but stil...

So... here are my questions:

1. Vortex starts as cold but gets converted to 100% fire due to pyre, and than 30% of that to chaos due to Consuming Dark right? I dont understand why does pyre effect happen first, and than that of a Consuming dark.
3. Added chaos increases initial vortex hit damage, and therefore scales both cold and poison degen, however, it does not go ON TOP of the degen itself, right?
2. Since vortex is 30% chaos, and rest is pure fire, we do need to worry about reflect right? You bypass that by purity of fire, and that seems to be enough? No need for Paragon of Calamity?

Thank you in advance, and once again, very good work !

1. Conversion happens in a chain http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion
Because of this, Cold is converted to Fire, then Fire is converted to Chaos.

3. (You put 3 before 2 :P) Correct, Added chaos adds a big chunk of flat physical damage just to the initial hit. The benefit here is that the damage is comparable to a very large multiplier, while further having all of the damage that it grants being poison, rather than only 30% if we were to multiply our cold damage (which is converted to fire, then 30% to chaos).
It does not apply the chaos damage value directly to the degens, and as such has no effect on the Cold degen that vortex leaves.

Another benefit to added chaos goes along with your next question:

2. The damage split is actually closer to 45% fire 55% chaos because Added Chaos Damage is adding such a large amount of base damage. This further protects us from reflect, and also increases the Leech from Atziri's Promise. This leech combined with dealing only 50% fire damage and having Purity of Fire protects us against reflect quite well, and when built correctly all of the regen from Stone Golem (which is multiplied by 1.4 by The Beast Fur Shawl) is also protecting you since it's bringing you above what you need to sustain RF.

"
MrAuntJemima wrote:
"
I think that the nerf to "Shaper of Desolation" could be a huge problem here...
I'm not sure how much this build relied on elemental conflux in its previous state.

It relied on conflux a lot for consistent AoE from ignites, however this can be mitigated with Chance to Ignite on the tree, from flammability, etc. .
The problem is, those ingites are only working off of only your fire damage, not your chaos + fire.

Your confluxed ignites are up for 3/7 (43%) of the time instead of 100%.
Your shocks are up for 3/7 of the time instead of 100%, and only 1/7 overlaps with ignite.

What this amounts to in real clear speed loss, I'm not sure, but the theoretical damage hit is pretty massive. To be fair it deserved it, because you were able to literally break 10 million DPS with perfect gear at level 95+, after accounting for reducing enemy resists by over 100%.

However, our Single Target is going to be much better, because we don't rely on kills for conflux. This means far more consistent Izaro runs and no having to worry about feeling like you aren't hitting your top DPS by not using The Writhing Jar.

I'll get a new version made with essence rares and uniques in the next week or so (going to start work on it today).

Atziri is doable, but lack of ignites definitely slows it down.
This makes Izaro a much better option for farming than Atziri with this build.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 16, 2016, 1:39:33 AM
"
Xendran wrote:

I'll get a new version made with essence rares and uniques in the next week or so (going to start work on it today).

YES!!!! :)

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ TAKE MY ENERGY VORTEXBRO ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

do you have a preview of which items to buy/gems start leveling? i wanna reroll my elementalist as soon as you post your updated concept :)
I plan to work Valyrium in if possible.
Other than that, build is likely going to be nearly identical (maybe working in a marble amulet?), but I may think of some big change to make.

Something to note, the single target damage boost will actually be pretty damn solid.
Because we're spamming the same target, increasing the burn duration can let us try to overlap our max-power burns over as much of the duration of the weaker confluxes as possible.

(For example, if we inflict an 8 second burn at the very end of the 2 second conflux, it will persist all the way through to our next ignite buff)

Previously, only add kills and The Writhing Jar could provide you conflux against bosses.

EDIT: So assuming you are moving from pack to pack, not overlapping ignites on new packs (since ignite proliferates but does not spread like essense drain, so new targets hit won't have an old burn on them overwriting the new weaker one), your AoE ignite dps (not total dps) on average will be around 57% of what it was.

(This 57% ignite number actually applies to all builds that were using conflux ignites, however it is mitigated whenever you overlap a strong ignite into your weaker conflux periods)

EDIT 2: Actually one change i just realized, Less Duration is no longer a high value gem because we can no longer assume targets are indefinitely ignited at max power like before. I'll be looking into this.

EDIT 3: Ignore what i said about nearly identical.
+2 Aura essence + ES helmet = no need for empower. This may be better than having +1 enlighten on The If the clear speed ends up being practically the same despite the lower theoretical dps, we might end up with a build that is actually stronger in practice.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 16, 2016, 3:05:25 AM
levelling skills and points used
"
Xendran wrote:

The thing that holds it all together:

It's got the Shield.
It's got the Deeps.
It's got the AoE.
It's got the Regen.
SIXTY SIX ENDURANCE
EVERYTHIN U NEED

(Alternatively drop RF and run shavs, spend the points on more es and damage.)

can you explain please why energy shield recovery rate (not regen!?) has something to do with RF; i.e. why shav is bad for RF?
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Sep 16, 2016, 8:13:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info