[2.4 | Video Guide] The Big Dipper & Galaxy Ripper - Non-Crit & CoC Vortex Ignites

"
Ineedajob2 wrote:
I see some wrong calculations. Some modifiers such as spell damage does not increase burn damage. This means things like controlled destruction and low life do not affect burn. Shock is also 50% increased damage.

[...]

Quick update guys, it's turning out to be more in depth with the theorycrafting of making 2.4 versions with this build than i thought.

If you want to get a quick version up and running well:

Take the same build replace Shaper's Seed with a 1.6% regen marble amulet that has Chaos and Elemental resist. This lets you drop Lori's Lantern and use Valyrium if you manage your resists well.

The support gem issue is something I'm working on still, Less Duration is turning out to be extremely hard to replace with something that works on both AoE and single target.
Rapid Decay is a good option, but it just doesn't feel like it has enough oomph to it. This may end up being the choice, though.

I'll hopefully have some new versions of the build up soon. One involves running an extra aura!
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 19, 2016, 5:28:55 AM
"
Ineedajob2 wrote:
I see some wrong calculations. Some modifiers such as spell damage does not increase burn damage. This means things like controlled destruction and low life do not affect burn. Shock is also 50% increased damage.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ignite

Max fireball damage = 26000
Lets say you have 700% total burn damage increase.

Lets say that RF is on and Overload procs

26000 * 1.59 * 1.4 = 57876 initial hit with RF/Overload proc

57876 * .8 = 46300 total burn damage

(46300 * 8.0) * 1.29 * 1.39 * 1.4 * 1.59 = 1478455 total burn damage with bonuses

1478455 B / 4 s = 369613 BPS

These numbers are if you have over 800% increased damage that affects burn. In your case, a lot of your damage is from increased spell damage which does not double dip with things like burn and poison.

1. See above post
2. Shock is 50% increased damage taken, not dealt. Enemies now take 150% damage instead of 100%. This also applies to all forms of damage, including DoT.

------

You know what I just realized?
On the fully geared 6L version of this build, we can probably oneshot anything in the game if you used Cast on Death.
With Cast on Death and the build changes i have planned, the ignite would hit for over 200,000,000 (Two hundred fucking million) damage before resists.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 19, 2016, 8:05:37 AM
whats the benefit of Cast on Death? ^^ dying sux
Everything else dies with you!

Actually now that i think about it though, if it ends up being capable of one shotting the shaper on a 6L it might legitimately end up being a good way to farm him :P
Is it possible to run RF without The Beast Fur Shawl?
"
CharlieCage wrote:
Is it possible to run RF without The Beast Fur Shawl?

I was about to say "Not reasonably" because in previous versions of the build it wasn't, but actually the Advanced version of this build is capable of doing it at a high level! Thanks for getting me thinking about this.

I will warn you though i do mean a HIGH level. I'll get the build thread updated with this.
It will still be kinda unreasonable, but i was originally thinking you would require a 1% maxresist chest in order to do it.

I will update the thread.

EDIT: Updated thread. You could pull it off at around level 94, or 97 without dropping nodes.
You can save 3 points if you have a 1% Maxres body armor or Shaper's Seed, and 8 points if you have both (but you lose your third curse if you use a maxres amulet instead of a curse one).

You ease up on the chaos resist requirements, but that doesn't make it any easier to pull off and you still have to be in the high 90's to do it. So yeah, it's possible but it's very difficult.

EDIT 2: I just realized that uber lab video in the thread doesn't even proc conflux on Izaro phase 3. That should give you guys an idea of how strong the build will be against bosses now that we can guarantee a conflux!

2.4 Update added. Please notify me of missing and incorrect information!
I'm looking into working Elemental Equilibrium into the build again, i wasn't able to do it comfortably last league.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 19, 2016, 10:53:07 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't it be relative easy to run RF with Shavs if you're using rise of the phoenix? If we assume we get minimum of 4 % max fire res from purity of fire and 8 % from rise of the phoenix we get 87 % max fire res.

0,7 burn from RF * 0,13 = 0,091 (9,1 % life reg needed).

From passives + the new amulet we can get a total of 9,6 % life reg. This is without vitality.

We lose about 400 es from using a rare shield. But we should still have about 8k es which should be totally fine.
@CharlieCage the new rare amulet cannot be corrupted for a 3rd curse because %regen is implicit

currently lvl80 and finally got the chest
gear

helmet is a placeholder currently, dont know if i should get the vertex or a rare essence helmet (+2lvl to aura gems/reduced mana reserved) but i think i will get vertex and see

currently cant run RF, have 78% max res, guess i need lvl3empower ro run RF? or lvl2 with more %regen. have 9.6% regen
"
MrZimz wrote:
@CharlieCage the new rare amulet cannot be corrupted for a 3rd curse because %regen is implicit

currently lvl80 and finally got the chest
gear

helmet is a placeholder currently, dont know if i should get the vertex or a rare essence helmet (+2lvl to aura gems/reduced mana reserved) but i think i will get vertex and see

currently cant run RF, have 78% max res, guess i need lvl3empower ro run RF? or lvl2 with more %regen. have 9.6% regen

I'm assuming I won't really need a third curse if I can go LL and RF, why I don't really care about corrupting my amulet.
Last edited by CharlieCage on Sep 19, 2016, 3:34:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info