[2.4 | Video Guide] The Big Dipper & Galaxy Ripper - Non-Crit & CoC Vortex Ignites

"
CharlieCage wrote:
Have you considered running Vitality, Purity of fire or Discipline in Essence worm? Should make us able to run every aura without investing so much in the gear or passives.

This causes us to reserve more mana, not less. It also causes more life to be reserved.
I'll have to test it myself with the chaos damage in the high tier maps, i'll be there pretty soon.

The reason I like RF is because I plan to be doing a lot of Shaper, and there's no such thing as too much damage on Shaper. It also helps deal some extra damage itself, and can kill some weaker enemies that get close to you. Also it gives you 153% more damage becuase it double dips, not 60%.
From what i've seen, Shaper has enough health for this to matter.

I'm actually now experimenting (and it seems succeeding) with a version using a 4% mana reservation helmet and Rise of the Phoenix. You lose around 1600 (2000 if you had a 520+ es shield) shield, but you gain some in the tree and are able to run Enfeeble.

I would drop from 9,200 ES (using Advanced w/ +2 Fire weapon) to 7,800 ES (using RotF) assuming the helmet has the same ES, but enemies deal 36% less damage now (10 + 10% curse effect. Dropped scion curse nodes for witch cluster). That puts the eHP up to 12.2k alone, not accounting for the reduced crit and accuracy.

I actually dropped to 7360 ES becuase my helmet isn't as good (i will fix that when i get more currenc) but it still puts me at 11.5k eHP (again, before accounting for the decreased crit and accuracy).

One thing that's nice is it doesn't need level 3 enlightens.
Alternatively, you can do the same setup with Heretic's Veil but you lose the curse effect on blasphemy.

Last edited by Xendran on Sep 30, 2016, 12:30:54 PM
"
Xendran wrote:
"
CharlieCage wrote:
Have you considered running Vitality, Purity of fire or Discipline in Essence worm? Should make us able to run every aura without investing so much in the gear or passives.

This causes us to reserve more mana, not less. It also causes more life to be reserved.
I'll have to test it myself with the chaos damage in the high tier maps, i'll be there pretty soon.

The reason I like RF is because I plan to be doing a lot of Shaper, and there's no such thing as too much damage on Shaper. It also helps deal some extra damage itself, and can kill some weaker enemies that get close to you. Also it gives you 153% more damage becuase it double dips, not 60%.
From what i've seen, Shaper has enough health for this to matter.

I'm actually now experimenting (and it seems succeeding) with a version using a 4% mana reservation helmet and Rise of the Phoenix. You lose around 1600 (2000 if you had a 520+ es shield) shield, but you gain some in the tree and are able to run Enfeeble.

I personally drop from 9,200 ES (using Advanced w/ +2 Fire weapon) to 7,800 ES (using RotF) assuming the helmet has the same ES, but enemies deal 36% less damage now (10 + 10% curse effect. Dropped scion curse nodes for witch cluster). That puts the eHP up to 12.2k alone, not accounting for the reduced crit and accuracy.

I actually dropped to 7360 ES becuase my helmet isn't as good (i will fix that when i get more currenc) but it still puts me at 11.5k eHP (again, before accounting for the decreased crit and accuracy).

One thing that's nice is it doesn't need level 3 enlightens.
Alternatively, you can do the same setup with Heretic's Veil but you lose the curse effect on blasphemy.

How do you deal with the loss of ES recovery tho? When I tried RF I was regenerating about 200 ES above the RF burn. Assume I have 7k ES in total and I take a big hit which put me down to 2k ES. Not considering any flask, it will take about 25 secounds for me to get back to full hp. Personally I would need about 1000 es/sec above the RF burn to feel comfortable without the benefit of ES recovery.
For loss of ES recovery (and with advanced you shouldn't lose all of it), stone golem + vaal discipline + overflowing chalice is how I mainly get it back.

You still get a bit of regen, and the stone golem boosts that as well.
You could actually consider carrying a Ruby Flask (Dying Sun is perfect, and can replace your Atziri's Promise) to get some extra regen, a Dousing flask if you want to be able to turn off RF on command, or Coruscating Elixir if you want to do both (you must use your hybrid or life flask directly after using this to get your HP back).

I'm playing around with the RotF setup which could potentially get more regen by keeping Vitality instead of the third curse. I'll have to run the numbers on this to see if that's worth it, however one benefit of dropping vitality is not needing the massive strength requirement.

I don't feel 1k es/sec is necessary in softcore, however in hardcore that would make sense.
You can use the build however suits you best, I just have the guide tuned to my personal preferences.

I'll let you know if the RotF setup has a decent amount of regen on it with vitality.

EDIT: The gear i have w/ 7360 ES (this version takes Unnatural Calm)
As you can see, a better helm would push this. 350 ES helm would bring it up to around 7.7k.
I also still need to get 20% ES craft on my ring to bring it up further, so it's seeming like this version is better. Having way more rares than the 2.3 version really helps with the ES.

I rolled a bunch of excess lightning resist on the helmet, but i'm not going to re-gear around it because i plan to reroll a higher ES one in the future.

Spoiler

Ideally, a 4% reservation helm with ES and chaos resist is the best but using some jewels is fine as well. If you can get dual damage (preferably mine and something else, so you can get up to 32%) and chaos resist, that's pretty solid. A triple damage jewel will generally net you around 42-45% so you only really drop 10% damage for up to 13% chaos resist.

If you can get a jewel like this with stats or resist, even better:

EDIT: Actually, atziri's promise is probably something that can go in general. It's really not necessary, and only offers 15% non-double dipping damage. A ruby flask would be a good replacement.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 30, 2016, 1:09:30 PM
hi guys

@CharlieCage
1. i understand your bad feeling about chaos damage. im running T13-T15 maps (my unlocked T15 is Core). maligaro in Core can be a real fucker, and still with the -18% Leo DoT shield and 75% chaos resist you can beat him because he burns in 2 seconds to death. i would consider maligaro as the highest Chaos dmg dealer in game. at the beginning i died a lot to Chaos damage but it has gotten better. Why? you really have to know which enemies are dangerous and which not. for now im not dying anymore at chaos mobs. and Oh: im using a second life flask for the chaos problems.

2. the solution for ES recovery? simple:
Spoiler
; i would not waste ruby flask for ES regen! it's just a utility for fast-pace mapping and tanking atziri.

obviously you think RF isn't worth it with shav setup because you lose tons of regen oO at the moment i can run with rare shield and fur shawl RF with 3% regen (ruby 7%). that's a lot. without fur shawl it would be with same stats -1,5% (ruby 3%)!!!!

as soon as i get my 6L fur shawl i will give uber atziri a shot. im pretty sure the build can still kill any of the bosses in few seconds. the damage is really insane

my main gearing goal is for the moment get maximum ES as possible; for uber atziri every point in ES will be important. a pool of 8700 ES is enough for mapping up to T15. i didnt had luck with T16 tho, future will show
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Sep 30, 2016, 5:21:02 PM
Just did a pretty large update to the thread.
You'll want to check out the new tree and gear.
ok just an update for readers, although i also discussed this with OP:

Phoenix (guardian of the void, t16) is immune to ignite. vs atziri and argus one could live with it because it's just a small time frame, but because of phoenix i switched to 1x consuming dark again, because poison is much more potent than decay ever was: it was a total fail.
so until there is no clever idea to fix this problem i would not recommend fighting this guy, i mean you tank a lot of his damage because of 90% rise ot the phoenix fire max res but still fight takes too long and at the end you die 6 times to his charge (which deals physical dmg as well).

another thing: what would you guys pick for 6th link? empower is OK but wouldn't cold penetration be better, especially vs bosses, which have resists? this would raise the initial hit damage substantionally so burn is much stronger
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Oct 1, 2016, 4:45:45 AM
---
Last edited by Xendran on Oct 2, 2016, 4:34:44 AM
@airparisderjesus

I noticed you run the self-cast verison. What's your dps buffed with RF?
Heh, while going to get my Uberlab ascendancy i oneshot phase 1 Izaro on a 5 link.
Good shit.

Last edited by Xendran on Oct 1, 2016, 5:26:45 PM
Here we go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifUbbR0hR_Q
Can't wait to see how it fares against Shaper.
Last edited by Xendran on Oct 2, 2016, 2:06:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info