[2.4 | Video Guide] The Big Dipper & Galaxy Ripper - Non-Crit & CoC Vortex Ignites

------Videos of Self-Cast Version-------

T15 core video (sadly i lost almost the whole map but end-fight. at least something :/ )
5L with Decay Wand

fresh deathless Atziri Video, only 88% Max Fire Res cuz i have no +2 Fire Gems Decay Wand... but clearing with decay wand is muuuch faster. 6L with cold penetration

if you like you can add this to the thread OP

@CharlieCage
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Oct 2, 2016, 3:31:11 AM
Some good videos there! I'll add them to the OP.
I've got a new version of the build planned that takes advantage of level 3 enlightens to get more regen with the RotF version as well as take less of a hit on Hexproof maps.

Can't wait to get my hands on a pair of Level 3 enlightens and some more levels.
Last edited by Xendran on Oct 2, 2016, 3:57:46 AM
"

@CharlieCage

You should consider switching to mine/trap version of the build. I do about 40k without RF.
i played bladefall miner in 2.3, i really dislike mines and traps. i find it boring and the workflow (lay and detonate) is lame for me. i started this build because i wanted a caster ^^
So something you guys may be interested in if you have a lot of currency:

You can actually take the core shape of this build and drop all your damage, aura and regen nodes for jewel slots and use 14 grand spectrums. Can use a rare chest and shield. You actually get a bit more damage out of this than RF is giving you (which is stupid).

I'm not gonna add that to the guide though, because grand spectrum is really not a build. It's just grand spectrum. And it's a dumb jewel.
Last edited by Xendran on Oct 2, 2016, 9:08:59 PM
Alright, so going to be posting an updated version soon involving not using flammability.
I'm going to be looking at some numbers and trying to generally get away from using multiple curses to help with hexproof. The reduced effect of curses on bosses compared to pre 2.4 also helped me really decide that I want to go with fewer curses.

EDIT: New version is looking to be a straight on upgrade. Will have it posted soonish.
EDIT: New version is up!

Fun fact, the 2.4 version's Increased Area of Effect version damage is higher than the Concentrated Effect version of the 2.3 build, and I'm still missing a *lot* of damage from the tree on my essence character.

Current w/ Inc Aoe:

Old w/ Conc Effect:
Last edited by Xendran on Oct 4, 2016, 10:27:19 PM
as im deviating too much from this build here i decided to come up with an own build
i switched to occultist and fully dropped regen nodes and RF but changed to spell damage bow+soultaker. pretty fun and effective. ignite chance is 84% without flammability. as im running flammability im almost 100% :-)
maybe you want to have a look
"
as im deviating too much from this build here i decided to come up with an own build
i switched to occultist and fully dropped regen nodes and RF but changed to spell damage bow+soultaker. pretty fun and effective. ignite chance is 84% without flammability. as im running flammability im almost 100% :-)
maybe you want to have a look

Really solid defensive build. Dropping RF lets you fully take advantage of the ES regen, which is nice. You might also like the Inquisitor version.

I'll probably try out the occultist build the next time I do Hardcore, and push the unreserved life up to around 750 or so, to see how well I manage it.

I'd love to do a Cospri's Malice version of this build, but I'm still deciding on how exactly I want to do it. I also am still looking into crit setups, just haven't found one that really does what i want yet.
Last edited by Xendran on Oct 7, 2016, 7:09:49 PM
Thanks for the guide. I have a question about EE though.
If you are fighting some mob like Atziri/Uber Atziri that cannot be ignited, EE would basically hinders the cold DOT since the initial cold damage would provide the mob with cold resistance.

Wouldn't it be better off to not run EE and instead just use double curses to ensure that the Cold DOT is not being hindered by the initial cold damage?

Also without using increase ignite chance support or curse our ignite chance isnt exactly super. Surely you can just spam to get the ignite result but it would be safer if we can achieve ignite with just a single cast.

Thanks for the help.
"
babalian wrote:
Thanks for the guide. I have a question about EE though.
If you are fighting some mob like Atziri/Uber Atziri that cannot be ignited, EE would basically hinders the cold DOT since the initial cold damage would provide the mob with cold resistance.

Wouldn't it be better off to not run EE and instead just use double curses to ensure that the Cold DOT is not being hindered by the initial cold damage?

Also without using increase ignite chance support or curse our ignite chance isnt exactly super. Surely you can just spam to get the ignite result but it would be safer if we can achieve ignite with just a single cast.

Thanks for the help.

The cold DoT's damage is basically nonexistent compared to the ignite, EE is the most powerful resistance penetration on bosses.
26% or so chance to ignite with jewels is enough on packs because of prolif, for bosses you generally want to get a conflux going. Relying on curses really hurts your versatility on maps, considering we're already running RF and non shavs LL.

I've found a setup I'm happy with that goes selfcast crit instead of remote mines, so I'll be posting that soon. It takes care of the ignite chance problem, and should put out even more damage.

I believe it should be superior in every way to the current version. You can either do it as an Elementalist or Inquisitor, but Inquisitor is better so I'll be posting a new guide in the Templar forums. It also only procs EE with Orb of Storms (and lightning warp), which will work on all of the damage.

Crit version is back to using Pyre because facebreakers are far too strong to not use on a crit build.
Last edited by Xendran on Oct 10, 2016, 1:26:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info