Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
I use an iPad so not having a hyperlink sucks. It's hard to even copy just the url unless you first go to edit the post. So half the time I don't bother looking at urls that aren't clickable.

Yeah, and as I said "unless you're using a smart phone or tablet"...

And if you are using one of those, do you honestly expect every poster to cater to your device? Are you actually trying to do meaningful browsing on a device that obviously the site isn't optimized to work for? Does that makes someone who doesn't use url tags less thoughtful?

I don't expect every poster to cater to my device. But it'd be nice if they properly formatted their post. Just like using the image tags or the quote tags or the spoiler tags. Is that really so much to ask?

Yeah I think it is. Not everyone knows how forum software works. In fact, in my time playing this game in large guilds I've learned there are some extremely computer illiterate people playing PoE. lol

"
mark1030 wrote:
P.S. I can't imagine it's a small number of people who use mobile devices to browse the forums. Shit, if I'm at my computer, there are a lot of other things I would be doing before sitting there reading these forums, including actually playing.

Oh, I'm browsing the forums quite a bit on my android phone but I'm not expecting to do any meaningful posting with it. It's a shame the forum doesn't auto-detect urls and auto-tag them.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
/signed

Trap damage and Izzy are basically the difficulty. At 51, running through labs (NORMAL) with wife and we're miserable. Giving up to continue grinding Cruel and come back when we've got enough regen to actually deal with this (likely level ~70).

-Hate
"
Hateborne wrote:
/signed

Trap damage and Izzy are basically the difficulty. At 51, running through labs (NORMAL) with wife and we're miserable. Giving up to continue grinding Cruel and come back when we've got enough regen to actually deal with this (likely level ~70).

-Hate

Thank you for posting your opinion. You were addition number 646 to the list in the OP.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I might be one of the vocal minority as I thoroughly enjoy the lab. No sarcasm there, I really do enjoy it. That said I have my complaints about the lab as well, but overall the positives for me far outweigh the negatives.

Why I love the Labyrinth

• Truly feels like a big maze. Love that the areas are not visible on the map until you reach them. But a little disappointed that the daily racers publish the daily area layout for each league. Some enjoy that, but it sort of spoils the fun for me, so I avoid going to that site. I wish the lab was truly random for every time someone entered it, then it would really be a challenge (and some luck) in getting a fast run or exploring it each time. But sadly GGG's AI for the lab generation or the servers themselves are probably not robust enough for this.

• Extra leveling. In hardcore leagues this is very, very nice. You get a couple areas with high mob density at the beginning that you can rinse & repeat. It's one level higher than the The Sceptre of God in Act 3 before you fight Dominus, and on level with the Upper Sceptre of God.

• Lots and lots of breakables. Those barrels, pots, crates, whatever, there are a ton in the lab. Much better turnout for random currency grinding.

• Better odds of finding shrines. Great for one Prophecy league challenge, worthwhile for future league challenges and in general to know you can always come to the lab for chrines.

• Puzzles. I was in blissful awe when I first discovered puzzles in the lab. I went into the lab when it launched, so not much info on it at the time. It was pure joy to find these and attempt to solve them.

• Secret passages. Love it.

• Guaranteed silver caches. Just have to grind a little more to get the silver keys.

Why I dislike the Labyrinth and What I'd Like to See Changed

• Ascension points locked behind the lab. In standard this isn't such a big deal, as you can find groups to help you run it or you can just rinse & repeat to keep trying until you finish it. However, in standard hardcore where the population of active players at any given time is close to zero, this is a major pain. So many want to charge for their help (sorry, not paying for any group play time). Solution: give an alternate way to get the points, especially in hardcore.

• Clusterf**ks of traps. Many traps alone or in a small groupings are easy and avoidable, but in a large group they're a major PITA. You can see only so far, you don't know what pattern the rest of the area, and often there's no location in which to be safe. This is like rolling the dice. No thank you. Solution: tweak random are generations to prevent the clusterf**ks of traps.

• It's long, so instance times suck. If I go very slow through an area because I'm playing this in hardcore, don't let that area reset when I have to go back through it again. If I have to get one of those damned gold keys to continue, and it's two areas from where I open the golden door, don't have the instances reset after a while. Solution: put the entire lab on the same instance timer for each individual/party.

• Gold keys. Just get rid of them. Everyone grumbles when progression is locked behind golden doors. And sometimes you have a choice of two golden doors, making this even more lame than before. If you want to make progression slower through the lab, adjust the layout of the areas, but don't use these gold keys. Solution: make gold keys part of treasure unlocking and ditch golden doors blocking progress.

• Lab is forced hardcore mode. While this isn't always an issue, this becomes a pain for looting and the final Izaro battle. Access to our stash right before Izaro is too far and few inbetween to treat the lab as maps for looting. This also pushes people to buy more stash tabs. Solution: use a limited number of portals into the lab, just as we already have with maps.

So for me I'd love to see the Labyrinth stick around, but would also be happy to have it tweaked a bit as per my list of dislikes.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
cipher_nemo wrote:

[li]It's long, so instance times suck. If I go very slow through an area because I'm playing this in hardcore, don't let that area reset when I have to go back through it again. If I have to get one of those damned gold keys to continue, and it's two areas from where I open the golden door, don't have the instances reset after a while. Solution: put the entire lab on the same instance timer for each individual/party.[/li]

I was unaware of that. Can that be used to get multiple treasure keys from Argus/Lockbox or multiple zaps from "lead to gold" etc?

"
cipher_nemo wrote:

[li]Gold keys. Just get rid of them. Everyone grumbles when progression is locked behind golden doors. And sometimes you have a choice of two golden doors, making this even more lame than before. If you want to make progression slower through the lab, adjust the layout of the areas, but don't use these gold keys. Solution: make gold keys part of treasure unlocking and ditch golden doors blocking progress.[/li]

I dont mind the gold doors. I actually prefer a gold key room to a random extra room in the path. So not "everyone" grumbles about them. Reason for me not disliking them is that usually they (both the room with the gold door/s and the one with the key) are more predictable/easy to traverse for me.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
I dont mind the gold doors. I actually prefer a gold key room to a random extra room in the path. So not "everyone" grumbles about them. Reason for me not disliking them is that usually they (both the room with the gold door/s and the one with the key) are more predictable/easy to traverse for me.

As individuals going through the lab one time to unlock ascendancy, it's not a big deal. But EVERYONE grumbles about it when racing through the lab or in a group. I've never been in a lab group run where someone was happy about having a golden door in that day's layout for that league.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:

As individuals going through the lab one time to unlock ascendancy, it's not a big deal. But EVERYONE grumbles about it when racing through the lab or in a group. I've never been in a lab group run where someone was happy about having a golden door in that day's layout for that league.

Using caps or creating opposites ("happy") dont change the facts. I do not grumble about the gold doors so it cant be "everyone". And I have >30 uber labs (and some other labs) in EHC. So its not a 1x ascendancy thing.

The implementation of them is IMO rather simple though. They could be made much more interesting. I might come to dislike them then though. At least if that complicates the routing.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
"
ShaUrley wrote:

I added the thread in the Feedback and Suggestions forum but not the other one because the list is only for Feedback and Suggestions threads. Thank you

edit: We're now over 650 in the list of account names that have posted in support. The longer the list get the stronger our voice gets.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Dec 7, 2016, 10:22:42 PM
I don't mind labs, I've never beaten Uber Izaro without the flavor of the league build though.

I got over wanting to run it after spending so much time getting to him then eating it. I just haven't invested heavily into it.

I do think the ascendancy is kind of bogus though. Most of my chars are only at 6 points because of it.

Think the enchantment and loot at the end should be the reward, but not gate your ascendancy completely behind it.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info