Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

Why work for anything if you think complaining will get you what you want.

Plus apparently lab is easy, its just boring. No one said all content had to be fun for you though.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
The average level of reading comprehension has reached negative values:

Person "A" says: "I would like to have an alternative challenge where I can get may points from, because I don't like the one we currently have."

Person "B" replies: "No, because I don't want people to get things for free."

Person "C" adds: "If you don't like it that's your problem, I don't care."

Wow... What a glorious community this is... Mighty fine ladies and gentlemen... Mighty fine...
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
"
ancine wrote:
WHY DON'T YOU LET THE PEOPLE THAT IT AFFECTS COMPLAINS - i know that in EHC no one had a fucking problem with the lab

Played only EHC in Essence season (so far) and I have 2 main problems (*) with the lab:

1) The pure RNG enchantment system.
2) The trap damage rules.

So you are strictly wrong with your "no one" claim.

(*) There are also various other "minor" things I dont like about the lab like Izaro health bar pixel spotting and trap vs monster imbalance.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Nice to see some people think labyrinth is not ok in its current state. Just make the lab optional, dont gate ascendancy point behind it, and those who love it still will run it for enchants and loot. No need to torture those who hate it, really.
Last edited by Zloberik on Nov 19, 2016, 6:13:26 AM
"
Jgizle wrote:

Plus apparently lab is easy, its just boring. No one said all content had to be fun for you though.

Its a game, some people work in life, not in games. Yes, its a filthy casuals, but they are majority. And no, uber lab is not easy. Its too build and gear dependant. I simply could not complete it on few of my chars, and had to buy carry.
"
Zloberik wrote:
Nice to see some people think labyrinth is not ok in its current state. Just make the lab optional, dont gate ascendancy point behind it, and those who love it still will run it for enchants and loot. No need to torture those who hate it, really.

Thank you for posting your opinion. You're number 644 on the list. :-)

People lurking that have never posted their opinion on the labyrinth can make a post and I will then add your name to list. We would like to convince GGG that it would be in their best interest to make a change such as Zloberik suggests. We want PoE to be fun and challenging for everyone. We just want to play the old "kill monsters get loot" game play that we all love in the rest of PoE. We don't want to play boring, irritating, and tedious game play like in labyrinth. We care about other people's fun though. Leave labyrinth traps like they are so if people enjoy that then they can still play that unaffected.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
This list is... if the threads would actually be checked and the people:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1747571

This is a good example, it doesn't have anything to do with the Lab, and the guy isn't disliking the lab, he is crying about the randomness of trials, which is a valid complain, it took me a very long time to get all 6 this league as well.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1713126

This one again is a valid concern, not about the lab, but the amount of work the trials required... and actually GGG did exactly what was asked of them, so the thread isn't even viable anymore.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1600645

This one raised a valid concern and I think there are more of those, but I don't want to look for all of them that ES has struggles, I wouldn't necessarily agree with that, but again with the 40% less damage taken this is basically fixed. Hybrids still get the short end of the stick... but they do in the whole game, not just the lab.

There are also valid concerns about DCs, which is something that should be solved better in general, because as an online game having a way to reconnect might be approriate considering that DCs are likely to happen at some point in such a game and allowing players to rejoin an instance that likely is still open shouldn't cause too much troubles. But again those issues are mostly resolved and most of those threads are from the start of the leagues.

There is even somebody complaining that Izaro is too easy on that list

"
Jgizle wrote:

Also this guy is on this list, no idea how he got there, but hey, he might have complained about Izaro being too easy.

After all it is entirely different thing if you complain about some lab layouts not being doable, because levers were missing etc. and complaining about the overall concept. Because if something doesn't work, people should complain, and a lot of people actually defending the lab complaint about those things, exspecially since they were rather slow to fix some of the faulty layouts. This doesn't actually make them opposed to the lab.

The issue with many of the suggestions is that while the Uber Lab is rewarding, the other 3 labs are not. And how can they, they are way too easy. Merc Izaro is a bit easier than Malachai (in Cruel and Normal it is the other way around, if you do Izaro on the approriate level) and if the Lab would actually be rewarding you could amass huge amounts of wealth just by doing the lab. So the first 3 labs only exist for the Ascendancy Points, there is no other use to them, yes they give enchants and you might do the Merc Lab to get a good boot enchant, but that's it. Helmet Enchants are too random, which is hard to fix, because people might want Tornado Shot Enchants on all kind of Helmets, so it is hard to make a smart system.

One Lab will likely be phased out anyway with 3.0, because with only having two difficulties it would be odd to have 3 labs. I also could totally see them add alternatives for the Uber Lab. And to be fair I would award those points if you defeat Uber Atziri or Shaper, because Uber Lab is far easier or honestly just finishing a Vaal Temple map could be enough. There could also be League Specific ways to get those 2 points, like killing all Breach Lords in the next league. Because while the other labs would be useless, the Uberlab in itself is rewarding enough to survive. This would mean people could just get the 3 Points from the Normal Lab and the 2 Points from one of the ways to get them. And if they have those 5 points they are likely to just do the Merc or Cruel (whichever difficulty remains) one because it isn't really that much work.

Besides this there are of course technical improvements that should always happen, but those aren't really limited to the lab. Less DCs or ways to prevent the damage they cause are beneficial for all parts, not just the lab.

"
Jgizle wrote:

"
Emphasy wrote:
This list is... if the threads would actually be checked and the people:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1747571

This is a good example, it doesn't have anything to do with the Lab, and the guy isn't disliking the lab, he is crying about the randomness of trials, which is a valid complain, it took me a very long time to get all 6 this league as well.

You seem to be saying that if it is a valid concern then it shouldn't be on the list. If so then it would seem to show your abject inability to be objective. This is about trials. Trials have everything to do with labyrinth. Claiming that it is a good example and saying it has nothing to do about labyrinth is apparently another example of your problem with objectivity.

"
Emphasy wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1713126

This one again is a valid concern, not about the lab, but the amount of work the trials required... and actually GGG did exactly what was asked of them, so the thread isn't even viable anymore.

Being fixed or not is completely irrelevant. While the thread itself may no longer be relevant it is completely relevant when it comes to a list of problems that were released with labyrinth. The fact is that Labyrinth is horrible and has always been horrible. There are many many things that have been wrong with it and many that are still wrong with it.

"
Emphasy wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1600645

This one raised a valid concern and I think there are more of those, but I don't want to look for all of them that ES has struggles, I wouldn't necessarily agree with that, but again with the 40% less damage taken this is basically fixed. Hybrids still get the short end of the stick... but they do in the whole game, not just the lab.

There are also valid concerns about DCs, which is something that should be solved better in general, because as an online game having a way to reconnect might be approriate considering that DCs are likely to happen at some point in such a game and allowing players to rejoin an instance that likely is still open shouldn't cause too much troubles. But again those issues are mostly resolved and most of those threads are from the start of the leagues.

It was a problem with labyrinth. Being fixed or not is irrelevant to this list.

"
Emphasy wrote:
There is even somebody complaining that Izaro is too easy on that list

If that is the only thing he complained about then please point it out to me and I'll take it off the list. If he complained about other stuff as well and you still made this statement then I have no clue why you mentioned it. I guess it would just be another example of your inability to be objective?

"
Emphasy wrote:

"
Jgizle wrote:

Also this guy is on this list, no idea how he got there, but hey, he might have complained about Izaro being too easy.

I didn't put him on the list. That was done by the original author of the list. I suspect that he was put on the list because I remember, him starting up a thread suggesting some potential fixes for the labyrinth.

"
Emphasy wrote:
After all it is entirely different thing if you complain about some lab layouts not being doable, because levers were missing etc. and complaining about the overall concept. Because if something doesn't work, people should complain, and a lot of people actually defending the lab complaint about those things, exspecially since they were rather slow to fix some of the faulty layouts. This doesn't actually make them opposed to the lab.

That is not a list of people opposing the labyrinth. It is a list of people that have posted in support of fixing the labyrinth. It might have been helpful to read the OP before trying to respond to the OP?

You also talked about enchants and things in the last couple of paragraphs. I'm not interesting in the subject and see no reason to respond? (Also, I fixed your url's for the convenience of the people reading this.)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Just pointing out I am not advocating for changes to lab. I have made it clear i do not think it needs changing. I have however described possible changes that would benefit everyone without removing AC points from lab or trying to change hiw AC mechanics work.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
"
Jgizle wrote:
Just pointing out I am not advocating for changes to lab. I have made it clear i do not think it needs changing. I have however described possible changes that would benefit everyone without removing AC points from lab or trying to change hiw AC mechanics work.

Jgizle, I will be happy to remove anyone from the list, if they just ask.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info